GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,354 comments
That's crazy I barely brushed the wall in the last tunnel at Deep Forest and I still get a half second penalty. So jacked up. I sometimes don't understand PD's penalty system. Do you? It happened in my last lap of my 2nd race, some smart ass hit me and caused me to do that. It irks me when people do that kind of crap just to get one position over.

Last edited:
That's crazy I barely brushed the wall in the last tunnel at Deep Forest and I still get a half second penalty. So jacked up. I sometimes don't understand PD's penalty system. Do you? It happened in my last lap of my 2nd race, some smart ass hit me and caused me to do that. It irks me when people do that kind of crap just to get one position over.
Don't hit the walls, don't put yourself in a position others can make you hit walls.

Drive the races to survive.

Sometimes you just want to stay whole and that is aim, others you want to fight. Pick your races. Not all of them are pushing braking limits or track limits or competitor compliance to the limits.

Sometimes just settle in, keep it clean and avoid the situations at the cost of a place.

Don't trust anyone to go 2 wide unless you know them and even then, weigh up is it worth it.

I've always thought the logical thing would be there's that there's a window between getting damage from a wall collision and not getting damage which should be the penalty hotspot.

If you drive away unscathed then it's a penalty. If not, then the speed lost from damage is enough punishment.

Improved my race C QT to 1.34.0xx and there’s a little bit more time there, so I’ll try this weekend to get into the 33s.

Only had time for 1 race last night, started p6 and managed to take a couple places by the end of the first lap, had a great race with a German guy who was super clean, trading places with him,

Leader was 9 secs ahead on the last lap, second place had quit mid race, leaving me in 2nd, and somehow the leader binned it yards from the line and I sailed right by!

Attachments

• IMG_3599.jpeg
    IMG_3599.jpeg
    99.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3598.jpeg
    IMG_3598.jpeg
    141.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
After running a week at Fuji and having some great and not so great races, I was able to get back to rank B. And the first race at that level usually has me mid pack and back down to C after getting beat up and finishing last. So I have been working on getting a Q time that might keep me in the top 5 at the start. I think that I did upheld my GTP tag in this race. So maybe I can stay a rank B a little longer.

I'm fixing to do some Fuji races myself. I guess the track isn't bad, it's just Sector 3 is poorly made and awkward to drive on. The first Sector can be tricky too because you have to time the braking and throttle right, otherwise you will either hit the wall or go off-track.

"Oooooo Gleeeennnnnnnn" 😂

View attachment 1389105

Happy Saturday night @newmedia_dev 😛😁😎
You know what...times are like ass...elbows we all have them!

Solid work mate you must have sweated a testicle to improve by that 1/100th....

No excuses just not feeling them this week a little OD on the races and after my holiday was hoping to come back on to something more fun.

I'll just race now, I don't like sweating Gr3 QT gr4 is more fun for that.

Excellent work my friend I will give you stick on WA for that abuse of our friendship beating me like that 🤣

Crikey it’s hard going at monza this arvo, really dirty and hard work

Or it’s deep forest or Fuji 🤔

It’s a poor week I think
I know what you mean.

I had an absolute ball around Tuesday with a couple of daytime races, but my only day off this week (Friday) was as good as ruined because fighting my way through turn 1/2 cleanly (on any lap) proved to be basically impossible.

I don't expect to be ushered through by my opponents, but space is not being left and the penalties for knocking people off the outside and into the gravel are not adequate.

A potentially classic combo is being totally spoilt, especially as the balance between the different LMP1s seems to be bang on.

PD 1-0 Public

I'll just race now, I don't like sweating Gr3 QT gr4 is more fun for that.
You should try Daily A, the racing is great and no sweating over DR makes the racing very clean and respectful.
Deep Forest is a great track for GR4, although the Huracán is the meta I've been in races where the Veyron, GT-R and Evo have all performed well.
Ran a few too many QT laps today to get into the 1.32s now at 115 Global position.

Haven't been driving much at all lately. Not sure why I thought jumping in Gr.1's would end well. I mean, holy 💩 you gotta be 'ON' while piloting these things. Also convinced the brakes are just seven anchors and a parachute that drop out the back on-demand.

Took a minute (188 miles later🤣) and a couple different cars but landed on the R18. Spent some time today blastin' around and was able to break into the 33's. Need to get more consistent through T3/4 but am hoping to go racing for breakfast...will be the first time running this class against others so should be, uhhhh....neat.

Because I'm a Gr.3 junkie, I tried daily B. After about five laps I remembered something...Fuji sucks. Apologies as I know some folks like it there, and I was even dreamy-eyed about it for a second or two, but then the hate crept back in. It's not leaving.😁

:cheers:

IMG_1205.jpeg

IMG_1204.jpeg

This is after numerous poles thrown away. Finally a few wins.

Just a couple of observations:

You can't get to B/S A/S without knowing how to brake for the first corner YET in every race multiple people dive for the inside way late (video coming of why you always should take the wide line as a defensive measure)

There seems to be this misconception that braking late and slamming on the throttle is faster that braking earlier and smoother and just getting on the power smoother earlier 🤷‍♂️

Side by side is relatively clean but people's approach to technical tracks always blows my mind. Quite honestly they are attacking the track in the wrong way.

View attachment 1389382

View attachment 1389383

This is after numerous poles thrown away. Finally a few wins.

Just a couple of observations:

You can't get to B/S A/S without knowing how to brake for the first corner YET in every race multiple people dive for the inside way late (video coming of why you always should take the wide line as a defensive measure)

There seems to be this misconception that braking late and slamming on the throttle is faster that braking earlier and smoother and just getting on the power smoother earlier 🤷‍♂️

Side by side is relatively clean but people's approach to technical tracks always blows my mind. Quite honestly they are attacking the track in the wrong way.
Nice work! I’ve actually haven’t turned a wheel today, first Sunday in like forever due to the poor monza experience yesterday and that I don’t like Fuji 😀

Agreed. It tends to be a chronic issue with people on tracks with turns that have a late apex. Fuji definitely falls into that category (as well as Kyoto) as there are many. People, who don't know how to properly take said late apex, think they can just dive up the inside as the leading car has gone "wide" on entry.

Tends to not be an issue in the higher lobbies but for some reason it seems to take a while for most to learn.

Agreed. It tends to be a chronic issue with people on tracks with turns that have a late apex. Fuji definitely falls into that category (as well as Kyoto) as there are many. People, who don't know how to properly take said late apex, think they can just dive up the inside as the leading car has gone "wide" on entry.

Tends to not be an issue in the higher lobbies but for some reason it seems to take a while for most to learn.
100% apart from T2 which is about turn in coasting the rest of the track is all late apexes although the exit of the chicane to be straight can be taken both ways.

Genuinely I just feel like people don't take the time to understand the tracks or how to make time. They brute force a lap or two and then just dive for every cars width with no regard to overall race position or traffic ahead or behind.

It's like positions are Pokémon and they have to have them all.

But to be measured they can drive how they want but and I will stress this there is no way p9 is making the apex ahead of p1/2 on the opening lap of a hairpin fairly to anyone.

I just think pragmatically everyone is in a different place on their journey of understanding how to gain time and that humans aren't AI...

Talking of late apexes the late "risky" one at tm is definitely the faster line than the hug the rock one!

Haven't been driving much at all lately. Not sure why I thought jumping in Gr.1's would end well. I mean, holy 💩 you gotta be 'ON' while piloting these things. Also convinced the brakes are just seven anchors and a parachute that drop out the back on-demand.

Took a minute (188 miles later🤣) and a couple different cars but landed on the R18. Spent some time today blastin' around and was able to break into the 33's. Need to get more consistent through T3/4 but am hoping to go racing for breakfast...will be the first time running this class against others so should be, uhhhh....neat.

Because I'm a Gr.3 junkie, I tried daily B. After about five laps I remembered something...Fuji sucks. Apologies as I know some folks like it there, and I was even dreamy-eyed about it for a second or two, but then the hate crept back in. It's not leaving.😁

:cheers:
Yeah, I've done none of those races this week as 11 laps would be too intense for me, so I just skipped them. However Deep Forest has been a fun combo with the Group 4 cars. I've only done 3 races at Fuji so I was rarely interested in that this week. Yeah Fuji is the worst shaped track ever, Sector 3 is so awkward, it doesn't matter how I enter each corner there, I mess something up. But I'm thankful that it exists in gt7 and in real life for others to enjoy.

Last edited:
Did some Daily Races on my alt this weekend (first ever with the wheel) and boy do I suck with it 🤣 Tanked my DR from mid B to low C... Can't remember how often I spun in Fuji sector 3. This is gonna take a lot of time and practice to even get halway decent.
I'm either slow as a turtle or push to much and spin. 😏

Had fewer trouble on Daily Race A (Lambo) and C (Audi).

The 'new" race B is Gr. 4 at Brands Hatch Indy again with the same tuning options available as last time. From what I can tell the same car with the same tuning is going to be best again so here's my new lap with the same old things.

I thought that as well did 4 laps this morning before going to work and the same settings put me in to the 47s by the 3rd lap.

The last time we had this exact combo I got close to A+ ....those were the heady days 🤣

The 'new" race B is Gr. 4 at Brands Hatch Indy again with the same tuning options available as last time. From what I can tell the same car with the same tuning is going to be best again so here's my new lap with the same old things.

Thank you for sharing the set up again. Have you tried without ASM ? i cant remember being faster with ASM on, whenever i tried it.

Back