Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,235 comments
That car is New to Forza....

Good try though.
The BMW M2 is going to be in the car pass though, and it’s just been added in FH5, so yes, it does look like they’re walking back their intial promises with the car pass being all-new-to-Forza cars.

Screenshot_20230922_222341_YouTube.jpg

Let’s hope it’s not. Along with bowling, lobbies that promote dirty racing (tag, virus etc). My comment was aimed more at T10 releasing pointless vehicles the same way PD has. FM7 had some of the worst car packs, to the point where a lot of people speculated that dirt racing would be introduced into the game.
It's almost as if the game were due a reboot that focuses on racing vehicles and track cars.

Have we been reading the same thread?

Last edited:
I think today's reveal tied the loose ends together. Each week you get a new car that you can race in a set series of events in Career mode, a set Rivals event and a multiplayer series based around that car. This should get your car up to lvl 50 in no time. It also finally gives the new cars a purpose. This is something that GT and the older Forzas lacked...

Also, the career events are no longer tied to a certain group of cars (like in FM5-7) but rather allow you to drive any e.g. german car or any Miata... I have a great feeling about this!

Im assuming,rightly or wrongly,as its not been mentioned in any video streams the auction house wont be in FM23?Not the end of the world for me and I do like what ive seen so far,though not sure about being able to alter race length yet.I guess its something we wont know until release day.

Now of course there's the possibility they're lying/not quite saying the full truth... if you've been like me recently and you've been trying to play Payday 3, you probably have the words "The servers won't go down" stuck in your mind while being unable to play... because the online-only game's servers have been down most of last night. As usual, take it with a grain of salt...
At least the game will have offline modes that you can play

because a Cadillac limo is much more suited for racing.

My comment was aimed more at T10 releasing pointless vehicles the same way PD has.

They confirmed no oddball or weird cars, the Limo and Isseta were cut
I just wish they added some small cars like smart instead, there has some racing with those cars around the world

I am guessing the new track in December will be the track on the cover of the game
Likely that the cover track is Grand Oak, the blue stuff fits with the track

The reward car, in this first case the Acura DPi, are winnable for playing through the featured tour. How the reward cars may be obtainable going forward once a featured tour is completed is TBA
Just in case i will post some queotes from the blog post

New cars, career tours, online events, and limited-time Rivals will be introduced to Forza Motorsport, and these will arrive through our monthly updates.

Forza Motorsport will introduce new cars in a variety of ways. Some will be released directly into the Showroom and can be acquired with in-game credits. Others are unlocked as rewards for completing the Featured Tour or Open Tour. There will also be a new Car Pass car introduced every week until Car Pass is complete.

LIVE EVENTS​

Live events in Forza Motorsport include Featured Tours in Career Mode, Spec Series and Open Series in Featured Multiplayer, and Featured Rivals. These events will spotlight new cars obtainable from the Showroom at a 30% discount for a limited time.

FEATURED TOURS​

Featured Tours are limited-time career events organized around themes. The first of these is the Track Tour, showcasing different varieties of cars built for competition on the track. Each week there will be a new series of races featuring different types of track cars, including that week’s Spotlight car.

These series do not have to be completed in a particular week – you have until 2 weeks after the end of the entire tour to complete it; this gives players more flexibility to enjoy the content at their own pace.

Players who complete all 4 series within the Featured Tour will unlock a Showcase event. Regardless of where you place in the series, the reward car is yours upon completion. For October, this will be the new-to-Motorsport 2020 Acura #6 ARX-05 DPi.

I hate that we have timed exclusive cars, and I hope this is something that gets some big push back from the community and something is changed about it. Artificial scarcity in a fantasy game that promotes freedom to build and race what you want is not a positive thing, and especially for Rivals and multiplayer.

To offset it though, it is nice that we don't have to complete the content during a specific week, just during the time for the "Tour" or whatever. That means if you are busy one week you can skip it and do the stuff next week with the new things too. Definitely a positive change over the more strict weekly stuff in FH5.

My initial thought is that at least in FH5 we get the auction house, but after actually thinking for a minute... with the prices those things bring, when you can find them, and if you can actually get the game to work well enough to bid on them or buy them out before they are sniped... yeah I think no auction house is better than the garbage that it has become in the FH series.

The monthly reward cars are clearly there to ensure as many FM2023 users as possible login each month. Gamepass requirements as always.

As much as I like the idea of the auction house, in practice it's been done all wrong. The "legendary painter" perks in the auction house only caused more low effort paints to be released in hopes of being able to sell things for way more CR, and it was still a bandaid fix for the issue of not being able to sell liveries directly anymore. I'm not too sad the auction house is gone, but if it ever returns it needs a complete overhaul.

It's almost as if the game were due a reboot that focuses on racing vehicles and track cars.
You mean "built from the ground up"?

They confirmed no oddball or weird cars, the Limo and Isseta were cut
I just wish they added some small cars like smart instead, there has some racing with those cars around the world
Lets hope they stick to this after launch.

Go ask for more street cars that are using on racing and racing cars on Forza Forums

The more people ask for it, the less chances it will happen
I'm really trying to want to like this game. I just get this weird vibe from it. Like Ian Bell is going to pop in on the next Forza monthly and say "hi guys, I'm here as a consultant to give you all the SIM you'll ever need"....

im confused, isn't the featured car just being offered at a discount and still able to purchase otherwise? or is the reward card a separate thing

Last edited:
So judging by this quote
Forza Motorsport will introduce new cars in a variety of ways. Some will be released directly into the Showroom and can be acquired with in-game credits. Others are unlocked as rewards for completing the Featured Tour or Open Tour. There will also be a new Car Pass car introduced every week until Car Pass is complete.
Spotlight cars will be added straight to the Showroom. For October these will be;

• 2014 Ferrari FXX-K - SP Spotlight
  • 2019 Ginetta #6 Team LNT Ginetta G60-LT-P1 - SP Spotlight
  • 2020 KTM X-Bow GT2 — SP Spotlight
  • 2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS - MP Spotlight
  • 2022 Subaru BRZ — SP Spotlight
Some will be featured in the Career under Featured Tours, some will be featured in Multiplayer under the Spotlight Series. Some will be included in both - and I like this model because it gives people a focus for the week - but doesn't time gate the actual content.

It also gives a reason to visit MP more rather than just dumping a bunch of Class Lobbies in the rotation and leaving it at that - which FM has traditionally done in the past.

And then two cars a month will be limited time. For October it'll be the ARX05 DPi for the Track Tour and it's TBA for the Open Tour.

I'm ok with this system - and it wouldn't be a massive stretch for T10 to just leave the Showcase Tours in permanently (as opposed to limited time) if the feedback guides them that way. Let's hope this is the case.

Last edited:
Go ask for more street cars that are using on racing and racing cars on Forza Forums

The more people ask for it, the less chances it will happen
I don’t get this sentiment, at least 10 of the Top 20 cars have been added to the game since launch of the voting system (AMG Black Series, M3, Guilia, Sian, GR86, 911 992 GT3, Golf Mk.8, Huracan STO, Mitsubishi FTO, Ferrari Roma, Nissan Z and more)

As someone who's going to spend almost all of his time on the single-player campaign (with a bit of Rivals here and there), I love that there's going to be new racing events added on a monthly basis. Also that these events are as fleshed out as the ones in the base game and not lazy tack-ons like with GT7s menus. One of the best and most informative videos they've put out so far.

I don’t get this sentiment, at least 10 of the Top 20 cars have been added to the game since launch of the voting system (AMG Black Series, M3, Guilia, Sian, GR86, 911 992 GT3, Golf Mk.8, Huracan STO, Mitsubishi FTO, Ferrari Roma, Nissan Z and more)

I think he’s saying that the more cars you vote for that aren’t weird and don’t belong on the track, the less likely they will end up in the game.

I'm ok with this system - and it wouldn't be a massive stretch for T10 to just leave the Showcase Tours in permanently (as opposed to limited time) if the feedback guides them that way.
As i told before, i think that maybe they will make new perma events in the career
I don’t get this sentiment
I think he’s saying that the more cars you vote for that aren’t weird and don’t belong on the track, the less likely they will end up in the game.

This, some people will eventually start asking for Limo
The more people ask for cars that are used in Racing or racing cars instead of those, the less vocal those will be

In FH5 each Playlist reappearance of an Exclusive car happens once or twice a year - or about the same as GT7's Legends Cars dealer :lol:

As an example, this week's Emory 356C (40pt) is a bigger gap than usual but not quite the biggest gap I've seen (which I think is the Aventador SVJ from last month and S2), last appearing 15 Series (about 14 months) ago as a 20pt seasonal reward.
If I'm not mistaken, there's still cars that haven't appeared since the first couple months. The DeLorean was a reward for series 1, then never returned, right? I guess you're expected to go back in time to get it.

I'm not really happy with this, it's just a more lenient Playlist. I'd rather these races be permanent additions. You can make a game feel very content-rich if you keep adding to it. If you keep adding and removing, it ultimately doesn't feel like there's anything new from when it started.

I found this achievement interesting :
  • Brand Ambassador – Reach max brand discount by owning 5 level 50 cars from a manufacturer (30)
I know in the preview builds of the game it showed you get a brand discount when you own 5 cars from a brand, would this suggest that there is two levels of brand discounts. One for owning 5 cars from the brand and a higher discount if you level up 5 cars to level 50 from the same brand.

Latest Posts

Back