Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,685 comments
All other tracks are (almost) signed as Full circuit. But Hakone is written as GP, so there is a full circuit Hakone - Fujimi Kaido (?)

fujimi_confirmed.png

All other tracks are (almost) signed as Full circuit. But Hakone is written as GP, so there is a full circuit Hakone - Fujimi Kaido (?)

View attachment 1289360
‘Grand Prix Circuit’ is a pretty common title for the main (for lack of a better word) circuit at a racing complex. We know that’s there’s a shorter version of the circuit, so it’d make sense for the one we‘ve showcased to be the Grand Prix Circuit.

The one that intrigues me more is ‘Spa - Full Circuit‘. Other than the slight difference of the GP and Endurance pit lanes and start lines, I can’t think of another form of the circuit that wouldn‘t be the ‘full’ circuit or the old school historic layout.

Hakone is written as GP, so there is a full circuit Hakone - Fujimi Kaido
我々が持っているすべての情報は、そう示しているようだ
マップには入口と出口のエリアが示されているが、発売日にゲームに組み込まれるのか、12月のアップデートで組み込まれるのか、あるいは将来のアップデートで組み込まれるのかはわからな
(All the information we have seems to indicate so.
The map shows entrance and exit areas, but we do not know if they will be incorporated into the game on launch day, in the December update, or in a future update)
Hope dies last...
I mean at this point surely they have something planned for Hakone that we dont know what it is

Am I the only one whos happy to see modern trans am being represented here finally. Its like a split between GT and Nascar and have been wanting to see it in forza since FM6. Hopefully as time goes on the roster of cars for that division grows and includes some more 90s- mid 2000s racers.

Last edited:
Am I the only one whos happy to see modern trans am being represented here finally. Its like a split between GT and Nascar and have been wanting to see it in forza since FM6.
I just feel annoyed that is a car pass car instead of a update car
its FH5 all over again, they had put the car that is the most cloest to a NASCAR car in a DLC...
I just hope other TransAM cars show up in the autoshop instead of carpass

Am I the only one whos happy to see modern trans am being represented here finally. Its like a split between GT and Nascar and have been wanting to see it in forza since FM6. Hopefully as time goes on the roster of cars for that division grows and includes some more 90s- mid 2000s racers.
I'm very happy to see TA2. That's good. But the concern is are they going to toss it in with GT3 and God forbid GTE cars? I can't tell from this picture. They just don't have the performance of a GT3. Worrisome.
Another concern that I don't get is how come these cars only come with one liver? If we want to do a one make race all with this TA2, they're all going to use the same liver? What's that about? I hope that's not the case. In AC or rF2 or AMS2 you pick the car and it either randomly picks through all the livers you have or you can actually choose which ones you want. In the short time I had with FM7, this wasn't the case. I don't think we've scene anything that shows any change in this area. 😬
(I should add that I call liveries - livers. I can't go back. They're livers now. Once you start, you can't stop)
1695501616780.png

Last edited:
Another concern that I don't get is how come these cars only come with one liver? If we want to do a one make race all with this TA2, they're all going to use the same liver? What's that about? I hope that's not the case. In AC or rF2 or AMS2 you pick the car and it either randomly picks through all the livers you have or you can actually choose which ones you want. In the short time I had with FM7, this wasn't the case. I don't think we've scene anything that shows any change in this area. 😬
(I should add that I call liveries - livers. I can't go back. They're livers now. Once you start, you can't stop)
There is an option for user created liveries on AI in FM7, personally I have it off as it always seems to pick liveries that aren't even trying to look like a race car or Red Bull/Monster liveries.

I'm very happy to see TA2. That's good. But the concern is are they going to toss it in with GT3 and God forbid GTE cars? I can't tell from this picture. They just don't have the performance of a GT3. Worrisome.
It's not a TA2 car, it's a full TA car. The full TA cars are actually faster than GT3 even though the driver quality is generally lower, they just do it with bigger tires and lots more power. My guess is it will get put into Forza GT, probably with a restrictor plate.

I am looking forward to trying this Challenger out, but personally, I think adding the trio of TA2 cars (Mustang, Challenger, Camaro) and making them their own separate division would be a more interesting move. The TA2 cars would offer a more drive-able experience for many as they have more reasonable levels of power, and it would be a division that wouldn't be screwed up with a bunch of weird cars that aren't designed to compete with each crammed together so it would provide very close racing.

As for the livery thing, yeah I agree it would be nice if they handled it differently, but this is the way they have always done it, licensing each car to its sponsor/number. In previous titles they have used it to pad their car list kinda like GT with its Skylines and stuff, but they don't seem to be doing that as much now.

A way to make a library of liveries that the AI would use (instead of seemingly random custom liveries) would be great. It would get more downloads for livery creators, and allow people who play single player to make more convincing grids for their races and photos and stuff. I always end up with a couple of Monster liveries, liveries with no numbers, and at least 1 anime girl livery on my grid it seems, not very immersive... But then neither is racing a GT3 car against upgrade GT4 cars and downgraded Super GT and GT1 cars.

It's not a TA2 car, it's a full TA car. The full TA cars are actually faster than GT3 even though the driver quality is generally lower, they just do it with bigger tires and lots more power. My guess is it will get put into Forza GT, probably with a restrictor plate.
Doesnt have a Track-Toys like class for the new Motorsport?
In some games, i think that FH5 too, they have a class for racing cars that dont fit a specific GT/Prototype class of cars
Maybe, if add more TA cars, they could put a Trans-AM-like class in the game as well

Last edited:
View attachment 1289523
Yay, a proper TransAm car. Sold!

Although this Forza is not perfection (but on the other hand perfection is not of this world... and in any case it will be less far from perfection than Gran Turismo is now), I think that the various news and rumors they'll get me to get an Xbox Series S + Forza Motorsport Premium Edition sooner than expected. I also really appreciate the fact that Turn 10 is clear about post-launch support, I've already said it several times, it's all very different compared to PD which leaves the release of updates shrouded in mystery until a few days before release (and often also leaves you quite disappointed).

Doesnt have a Track-Toys like class for the new Motorsport?
In some games, i think that FH5 too, they have a class for racing cars that dont fit a specific GT/Prototype class of cars
Maybe, if add more TA cars, they could put a Trans-AM-like class in the game as well
I think you are thinking of the "Forza Specials" division from FM7? It was kind of a useless division though because it had no limitations.

While I get that it would inflate the number of divisions to scroll through, I'd rather see them put spec vehicles in their own divisions with caps that keep them basically factory performance level. FM7 had a few spec divisions, the MX5 Cup, Formula Mazda, Formula Ford, Ultima... and one more I think? So they have done it before.

Just hoping for good online time trials with global leaderboards a la Driveclub which IMO has still to be equalled

Oddly the one added to FH5 is the 2023 M2 (new generation), while FM's car pass gets the 2020 M2 Competition (previous generation).
Which is, in fact, not in Forza currently.

I'm not so worried about time limited events now. I played Starfield on cloud gaming and it was much smoother than I expected, so even if I don't upgrade in time, I should be able to at least play Motorsport on or around release day.

Last edited:
Back