Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,375 comments
Same here. Really don't like the idea of it, and you should call it what it really is: a digital game-renting service.
"A digital game-renting service where you can buy any game listed at any time with a discount on the regular retail price and try and play full games (many of them Day-one releases) that now cost US$70".

My savings this year alone: Starfield, Lies of P, Everspace 2 (great find), A Plague Tale: Requiem (wouldn't buy it), Amnesia: The Bunker (I'm a certified chicken), Atomic Heart (disappointing), Bramble, Crysis, Deathloop (other dissapointment), Dishonored 2, Doom Eternal, Eastern Exorcist, Fable Anniversary, Fallout 4, Ghostwire: Tokyo (great find), Hi-Fi Rush, High on Life (meh), Planet of Lana, Scorn (disappointing), Sniper Elite 5... I could go on.

And FM is coming of course, and I will probably like it. But to each its own and I respect that.

Last edited:
Same here. Really don't like the idea of it, and you should call it what it really is: a digital game-renting service.
I don't use Game Pass because I hate subscription services.

I undestand those that dont want to use its desire for more physical media and being able the game in 10 years or more if you want and so, but at same time, i undestand why GamePass makes success

"A digital game-renting service where you can buy any game listed at any time with a discount on the regular retail price and try and play full games (many of them Day-one releases) that now cost US$70".
My savings this year alone: Starfield, Lies of P, Everspace 2 (great find), A Plague Tale: Requiem (wouldn't buy it), Amnesia: The Bunker (I'm a certified chicken), Atomic Heart (disappointing), Bramble, Crysis, Deathloop (other dissapointment), Dishonored 2, Doom Eternal, Eastern Exorcist, Fable Anniversary, Fallout 4, Ghostwire: Tokyo (great find), Hi-Fi Rush, High on Life (meh), Planet of Lana, Scorn (disappointing), Sniper Elite 5... I could go on.

Its short-term value is HUGE, especially for places where a single physical/digital game is abusaly expansíve, specially for games that you probally want to play once in your life

For exemple, here in Brazil, Games are becoming super expensive, some versions of games are getting around HALF of the minimum salary here, making the possibility of play games day one more and more impossible for most of population, in many times historically, we had to go into piaracy to get the games as soon as we could, making the struggle between devs get their deserved money vs let people play the game.

Gamepass really helps to bridge the gap between this vs in some way, beacuse here is 10 TIMES LESS the price of a single game, and you get (even if is rental) 10 TIMES MORE games to play in short term, i undestand the concerns about preservation and ownership, but deny the benefits of gamepass is also deny a lot of games around the world that likely wouldnt have other legal ways to play this game otherwise

-------------------------------------

In other news it seems that i was wrong after all lol, the 3 demo cars will be indeed the starter cars

Also i want take the chance to tell the IRL starting price of the 3 cars

Mustang - $30,920
Honda Civic - $25,045
Subaru STI - $36,595

Data from Kelley Blue Book puts the average USA cost of a new car at $48,008 as of March 2023

Last edited:
Yeah, but I thought that 20+ years ago in TOCA Race Driver on the PS2.
I appreciate that, but 20 years ago our sims had manually modelled tracks with huge inconsistencies.

Now when driving proper laser scans of tracks like the Nordschleife, Laguna Seca, Spa or Bathurst I find the layouts a lot more meaningful and memorable. They make the old manually modelled tracks feel extremely bland in comparison.

So yeah, for me the TOCA Race Driver attempt at Bathurst (which I also drove, on the PC) was nice for the time, but compared to a modern high quality laser scan it lacks so much.

Stoked this is finally coming out in only a couple of weeks!
Indeed! It's surreal we're finally coming close to the release of FM23! I remember watching T10 demonstrating FM at GDC years ago, which was the vision they had for what we see now. Makes me proud they've finally have achieved it.

I haven't had a chance to play Forza since the 360 days, so I'm pretty excited. Admittedly I am a GT apologist, but I'm also open minded. Each game has its own formula, and both of them are fun in their own way. My main question is, which series has the more realistic tracks? GT tracks are pretty solid with their laser scan tech. Apparently Forza does the same, I'm just curious if we should expect about the same quality as GT, better or worse? The driving/racing feel is too subjective to even debate.

I haven't had a chance to play Forza since the 360 days, so I'm pretty excited. Admittedly I am a GT apologist, but I'm also open minded. Each game has its own formula, and both of them are fun in their own way. My main question is, which series has the more realistic tracks? GT tracks are pretty solid with their laser scan tech. Apparently Forza does the same, I'm just curious if we should expect about the same quality as GT, better or worse? The driving/racing feel is too subjective to even debate.
It's a bit hard to be sure. FM7 for example had a bunch of excellent laser scans which drove and felt pretty much identical to the same tracks laser scanned in other games (like ACC or iRacing). But also some mediocre ones which appeared to have been "dumbed down" or made slightly easier in some way.

Now we know from the Digital Foundry article that they basically had to rebuild every single track model from scratch, since their old models had issues which their old physics didn't show up but the new physics did. If their new physics model allows them to use the laser scan point cloud mesh better than before, I expect their laser scanned models of all tracks to approach ACC/iRacing levels consistently.

As for GT, I'm not sure since I last played GT6 myself. In that game the laser scans were decent but still not quite right (rather like FM7). I assume their tech improved in GTS/GT7 in a similar way to FM7->FM2023.

Last edited:
In other news it seems that i was wrong after all lol, the 3 demo cars will be indeed the starter cars

Also i want take the chance to tell the IRL starting price of the 3 cars

Mustang - $30,920
Honda Civic - $25,045
Subaru STI - $36,595

Data from Kelley Blue Book puts the average USA cost of a new car at $48,008 as of March 2023

I definitely wish we started with something slower, but it's not the end of the world.

Civic for me

I am ok with most of car list, but some cars make me suprised they dont got into in such as the MG3 , The 2JZ Stock Car and the Urban Rebel

I wonder what was the reasoning, maybe they will be back soon along new cars since it seems that we will have around 4-6 new cars by update if we consider the autoshow cars

I also wonder if they will give away free cars like they do with Horizon as well, such as the Barbie Car, and The Cupras

Last edited:
So I just read on the forums that FM is going to have a rolling release (12.01 am on 5th Oct for premium, and 12.01 am on 10th Oct for standard, for the easternmost time zone in your country).

Completely Unrelated, but I just booked a 1 day trip to Kiribati on the 4th ;)
Anyone else going too?

Last edited:
Very excited to see the 997 GT3 returning. Been yonks since it's been in a Forza title. Return of the 2001 Vanquish too 👌 not to mention the DBS although I would love to see the DB7 Zagato and DB9 make an appearance. Get those old mutts barking!

So I just read on the forums that FM is going to have a rolling release (12.01 am on 5th Oct for premium, and 12.01 am on 10th Oct for standard, for the easternmost time zone in your country).

Shame, so it wont follow the "Everyone at same time" style of starfield

Completely Unrelated, but I just booked a 1 day trip to Kiribati on the 4th ;)
Anyone else going too?

You got a link or any real evidence of a rolling release or just trust me bro?

You could be right but imma need something to substantiate this claim

BOK
You got a link or any real evidence of a rolling release or just trust me bro?

You could be right but imma need something to substantiate this claim
Clarifying: the Forza Motorsport release time pattern will be similar to FH5. The reason some US players will see a release time on October 4th is that the game releases at midnight in the eastern-most time zone in each country: 9am PT & midnight ET at the same moment.
We’ll have a full announcement about the timing later this week.

Release time pattern will be similar to FH5 ?
If i understand, It not releases for everyone at the same time

FDSXEecWUAgDZzC.jpg

Last edited:
Unless a publisher/developer specifically requests it, Xbox tend to do “rolling midnight” releases for most games.

It’s why New Zealand’s population tends to spike for 12 hours every so often.

Steam on the other-hand is basically “somebody at Valve hits a big red button and it’s live for everyone”.

Last edited:
Preordered the Premium Edition. Expectations are really low after what I've been seeing and I want to be proved wrong otherwise.
Yeah you're gonna hate it. Seems like when you go into something with "really low expectations" you just end up looking for things that support that position rather than enjoying things for what they are.

Back