Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,345 comments
The starter cars is to fast for my liking would prefer starting in something less powerful,
To be fair, this is completely up to you, you can make the money to buy a really slow car and remove the starter car from your garage.

I'm honestly half-tempted to do this myself.

I might just get a Fiesta and work my way up.

A hardcore mode might not be the worst idea for Forza, a mode that only let's you choose a very slow basic car to start and the payouts are limited. Also having to pay for tires and fuel; kinda like Snow Runner.

Last edited:
IMO, the starter cars are fine. Each one are distinguishable from each other, will grant a unique experience based on what they are, and (hopefully) strike a balance between being quick, but not so quick that they catch new (to the racing game genre) players off-guard.

If I was to change anything, I would swap the Impreza S209 with either the stock variant or the Hawkeye Impreza. If the starters are supposed to be representative of amateurish track day cars, the S209 feels quite out of place compared to the CTR and GT, with it being a limited-production variant.

The starter cars is to fast for my liking would prefer starting in something less powerful,
Fair enough. I wonder how many hours you'd have to play before getting the opportunity to buy something that you would prefer to run the early game in. Given how the Forza economy typically works with regards to low powered cars it wouldn't surprise me if you could be in a kei car in less than half an hour, not including whatever mandatory introductory races they put you through.
The real question is, which one of the starter cars are Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charmander?
Subuwu => Bulbasaur - seems just obviously good early on, has decent potential.
Mustang => Squirtle - probably the best long term provided you know what you're doing, also probably the "cool" choice for a lot of people because there ain't no replacement for displacement but you can replace your tiny donger with a big ole V8.
Honda => Charmander - for people who want to make life hard on themselves, or are just desperately passionate about wrong wheel drive.

Fair enough. I wonder how many hours you'd have to play before getting the opportunity to buy something that you would prefer to run the early game in. Given how the Forza economy typically works with regards to low powered cars it wouldn't surprise me if you could be in a kei car in less than half an hour, not including whatever mandatory introductory races they put you through.

Subuwu => Bulbasaur - seems just obviously good early on, has decent potential.
Mustang => Squirtle - probably the best long term provided you know what you're doing, also probably the "cool" choice for a lot of people because there ain't no replacement for displacement but you can replace your tiny donger with a big ole V8.
Honda => Charmander - for people who want to make life hard on themselves, or are just desperately passionate about wrong wheel drive.
But if you have already begin in a faster car it will never feel quite right jumping in a slower car again it has then taking away some of the progression of actully working your way up, that is just my opinion through, but it has to be said the builder cup seems far better than the career mode fm7 offered,

Hey! I resemble that... I mean resent that.

Last edited:
I still cant get the hate for FWD, they are as much fun as RWD and AWD are, just beacuse you cant drift much with them doresnt mean that are challeging by theyselfes lol lol
Regardless of whether it's FWD, RWD or 4WD, and no matter how much horsepower it has, whether it's 50 or 1,500, all cars are murder weapons, and take considerable skill to master.

But if you have already begin in a faster car it will never feel quite right jumping in a slower car again it has then taking away some of the progression of actully working your way up, that is just my opinion through, but it has to be said the builder cup seems far better than the career mode fm7 offered,
And for some people being in a slower car would be frustrating. You can't please everyone, and I think where they've ended up is a pretty good balance of being fast enough that people aren't immediately going to feel the need for a faster car but slow enough to provide progression.

If it's not right for you then hopefully there aren't too many barriers in the way of you choosing to drive the car you want to drive. But it's a mass-market game and what you're asking for is something that routinely gets held up as a negative of these types of games.
I still cant get the hate for FWD, they are as much fun as RWD and AWD are, just beacuse you cant drift much with them doresnt mean that are challeging by theyselfes lol lol
It's not hate, there are plenty of FWD cars that handle very well and are fun to drive. But they're a compromise that is ultimately dictated mostly by the economics of producing a cheap car that is daily driveable. If you just want to go fast, then there are very, very few situations where all other things being equal you would pick the FWD option.

They're great to have in the game and can be fun to try and learn how to drive fast. It's interesting to have to try and overcome the limitations of a drivetrain, whether that be through engineering or setup or driving style. But there are limitations, and that can be frustrating if you want to feel like the car is helping you to go as fast as you can.

P.S. I'm not a fan of drifting. I get that it's cool, but I suck at it and don't find it that fun.
the Civic is probably the best-handling car of the bunch lol
Stock? Probably. Around a smaller track it wouldn't surprise me if it was the fastest too.

But the game is pushing the "built not bought" angle pretty hard. If I'm building a race car, the Civic is the last platform of the three I'd want to start with. Forza does have drivetrain swaps, but at that point you might as well be building a silhouette racer.

"A digital game-renting service where you can buy any game listed at any time with a discount on the regular retail price and try and play full games (many of them Day-one releases) that now cost US$70".

My savings this year alone: Starfield, Lies of P, Everspace 2 (great find), A Plague Tale: Requiem (wouldn't buy it), Amnesia: The Bunker (I'm a certified chicken), Atomic Heart (disappointing), Bramble, Crysis, Deathloop (other dissapointment), Dishonored 2 (Amazing! Really hope they make a part 3 one day) Doom Eternal, Eastern Exorcist, Fable Anniversary, Fallout 4, Ghostwire: Tokyo (great find), Hi-Fi Rush, High on Life (meh), Planet of Lana, Scorn (disappointing), Sniper Elite 5... I could go on.

And FM is coming of course, and I will probably like it. But to each its own and I respect that
Went ahead and fixed that for you. 😉

To be fair, this is completely up to you, you can make the money to buy a really slow car and remove the starter car from your garage.

I'm honestly half-tempted to do this myself.

I might just get a Fiesta and work my way up.

A hardcore mode might not be the worst idea for Forza, a mode that only let's you choose a very slow basic car to start and the payouts are limited. Also having to pay for tires and fuel; kinda like Snow Runner.
I did that with FM7, great minds, and all that.

It's not hate, there are plenty of FWD cars that handle very well and are fun to drive. But they're a compromise that is ultimately dictated mostly by the economics of producing a cheap car that is daily driveable. If you just want to go fast, then there are very, very few situations where all other things being equal you would pick the FWD option.

P.S. I'm not a fan of drifting. I get that it's cool, but I suck at it and don't find it that fun.

Even Honda, when the engineers manage to escape the accountants dungeon, and decide to build a car without the bean counters hitting them with cattle prods, choose to build excellent correct wheel drive cars such as the original NSX series and the S2000. The modern NSX race cars as well, and really, the road car is basically only AWD on a technicality.

And I don't care for drifting either.

Even Honda, when the engineers manage to escape the accountants dungeon, and decide to build a car without the bean counters hitting them with cattle prods, choose to build excellent correct wheel drive cars such as the original NSX series and the S2000. The modern NSX race cars as well, and really, the road car is basically only AWD on a technicality.

And I don't care for drifting either.
The modern NSX is a sham though and goes against everything the original NSX strived for. It may be FWD but i'd take a DC2 over a new NSX any day of the week as a drivers car

My real life FWD Megane R26, with 225bhp, with an LSD, is so much fun to drive day to day, and on track days.

In a game? No thanks. An artificially understeering mess.

It’s frustrating that games can’t seem to differentiate between different FWD characteristics. Megane is a great example of something that sticks to a real road or track like hot glue but is near undriveable in a game.

It’s frustrating that games can’t seem to differentiate between different FWD characteristics. Megane is a great example of something that sticks to a real road or track like hot glue but is near undriveable in a game.
Yeh it sucks that the only enjoyment I will get out of it, is AWD swapping it and finding a decent Tune.

Had a 2009 Cooper S Clubman that I spent a lot of money on, focusing on handling. That didn't have an LSD, but with all the work done, and proper alignment, it was a beast to drive on country roads. Won't be able to replicate that feel with a game :(

Yeh it sucks that the only enjoyment I will get out of it, is AWD swapping it and finding a decent Tune.

Had a 2009 Cooper S Clubman that I spent a lot of money on, focusing on handling. That didn't have an LSD, but with all the work done, and proper alignment, it was a beast to drive on country roads. Won't be able to replicate that feel with a game :(

Nice 👌, I’ve had a couple Twingo RS133s which are actual go-karts. Second one I did some stuff too and it was just an absolute demon on the roads and surprised a few things around Snetterton too.

F698vjMWwAA-dlN.jpg

Last edited:
So I've been trying to watch the P.I. Index of FM7 vs FM23. There is a difference, but small at this point.

'16 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
FM7 - S750
FM23 - S748

'14 Ferrari FXX K
FM7 - R897
FM23 - P922

'18 Honda Civic Type R
FM7 - B573
FM23 - B571

I have not found any other snapshots of vehicles to compare other than these.

Back