Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,235 comments
So is the Builder's Cup getting any new events or not? It would be laughable if they kept it intact two months after release.

(oh, refreshing the Open categories doesn't count)

Last edited:
So is the Builder's Cup getting any new events or not? It would be laughable if they kept it intact two months after release.
It gets a new Featured series every month and the Open series 'refreshes' every month, but none of them have been permanent so far.

They did… if you install Forza Motorsport 7.

(no mention of car points at all during the stream)

They did mention in the TG interview that the changes they made in the first patch were pre-planned based on prerelease feedback. They should have obviously made that change before release, but I wonder if that hints that any change they make to the car points system may need some time to cook.

Also in the same interview mentioned this whole system is comparable to Marmite, so they obviously are aware of people's thoughts, I don't think they'll abandon it but I do see them making some changes at some point

It’s a tough thing to change as the entire game is built around it.

The lowering of points levels made a week after launch now mismatches the Car XP you get at those levels, so it’s all a bit awkward.

If there are further changes coming, I hope for a few things:

• An increase in XP earning rate whenever you own a maxed out car from the same brand.
  • An increase in XP earning rate depending on how high your Safety Rating is, while racing in Featured Multiplayer.
  • All copies of a car share the same level, so that you don’t start from Level 1 each time.

If Microsoft want to monetise progression a bit they could also go with:

• An increase in XP earning rate if you are a VIP.

Last edited:
My .02 CDN (for all that's worth):

I don't mind the cycling open class. It's a way to keep things fresh and introduce the new tracks. I'm good with a new featured series every 4-6 weeks or whatever they land on. But I would prefer the featured series be added to the list of events so they can be re-run, and the cars should be made available to purchase after the series concludes. And I'm not even a big collector, most of these cars so far aren't ticking any boxes not filled adequately by other cars. Except the Acura, I wanted that one.

Having played a few rounds of career now, I'm getting more okay with the car point system. I kind of like having to think of what parts are going to make the improvements needed with the points available, rather than simply throwing the parts catalogue at the car. Kind of a puzzle game that way. We've sort of devised some club events around the car progression system that should work as well and hopefully turn out fun.

Re: the economy- Back before 7, I made a suggestion that since we had limited garage slots, 500 or whatever it was in 6, rather than having some big but not unlimited number, severely restrict the amount of cars you could keep at once, along with some other features like a used car dealership you could sell your cars back to (and buy from, there was a fair bit to it), more or less to make wheeling and dealing part of the game. After all, Jay Leno might have unlimited garage space, nobody else does. Anyway, in a roundabout sort of way, that's kind of what's happening here. Before I decide on a car, I'm thinking how much use it's going to get in the future, how much time am I going to have to invest to make it what I want. If it's going to be a one and done sort of thing and it's going to take a long time to get it to the level necessary, maybe I pick something else. If I need to drop 400,000 on a hypercar, how am I going to pay for it? Maybe I make back half that in the series, sell it on after for the other half? Or do I keep it for future use because I have a lot of time into it but have to come up with another way to pay for the next one? To a sicko like me, this is better than mindlessly collecting things. It would have bothered me before but nothing is unobtainably expensive so if I need a specific race car or something it can be had. Plus, I have lots of games to grab some prototype or open wheeler and go, right? They don't ALL have to be that way.

And because it can't all be looking at things from the bright side (I've had a lot of concussions, what can I say...) man, there are still a lot of bugs. Lag has been okay, but now de-syncing in multiplayer??? And even with the lobby wide open for cars, we'll consistently get this weird error about our car not meeting restrictions and needing to pick a new one. So you ignore it until it lets you hit "ready," and tell the host because nobody shows checked up...and the penalty system is still a good start but needs some polish. Player A spins through the grass and onto the track directly in front of player B and player B cops two seconds? I mean come on....

Last edited:
Something else...
How can I earn the best way Credits in the Builders Cup.
I need sometime good credits to get those expensive Cars.
Is there a way or a race to get good credits?

The problem Here is that we waited lang time for this game but It still releases as a big buggy mess.

And now i see this update i only can hope they fixt the pc performance because how fast the go over It give me the feeling It still Will be crap….. be hey maybe the surprise me.

The base game for me is awsome but the Graphical and performance bugs need to go because It makes It unplayeble for me…..

Something else...
I guess the easiest way is the semi-AFK method where you turn on auto driving assists and let the AI rack up car points and credits for you. You just need to make sure to come back every 15 minutes to click that you are indeed still playing.

If you don't want to do that, like me, then grinding seems to be the only way. Payouts seem to be too small to easily earn the new spotlight car(s) each week - you need 3 single player series just to earn enough for one car, more if they are hypercars.

The lowering of points levels made a week after launch now mismatches the Car XP you get at those levels, so it’s all a bit awkward.

• An increase in XP earning rate whenever you own a maxed out car from the same brand.
  • An increase in XP earning rate depending on how high your Safety Rating is.
  • All copies of a car share the same level, so that you don’t start from Level 1 each time.
I probably wouldn't mind it too much in the Horizon games. As in real life, you start off with a basic car, and over time modify it (rank it up).

But if you're heading to a Race event IRL, you don't show up in a bog spec car, then half way through the championship your car is finally able to keep up.

Any communication with the public is PR. I don't see why you are separating announcements regarding upcoming content as not communication? Just because they don't spend their time talking about stuff that's broken, doesn't mean they're not communicating. Also they do acknowledge the big issues.

The November stream literally opened with them talking about the bugs, issues and the bug fixes. Everybody complained about it saying that it felt like they were boasting. Most comments under the stream itself are regarding the stream talking about the bug fixes calling it lip services.

I agree that patch notes can be more detailed, especially balance changes. It makes sense to do it when T10 themselves call it a "CaRPG". And keeping documentation of balance changes is beneficial to the more involved player base.
But also don't need or expect, minor stuff like "fixed position of decal on Volkswagen TCR".

I don't see the point in expecting them to mope or moan about bugs or issues in these livestreams. Keep it short and sweet with new update content and headline big fixes, if any. Do you expect a chef to come out and spend 15 minutes of your time talking about how there was too much traffic in the kitchen or that stuff wasn't going right? This doesn't help them or anybody. They should instead put their head down and work on the fixes.

I would however expect them to announce a complementary desert or a about live music about to be played. I also do not want them to announce something whose arrival date is not known. For example FH4 and FH5 both announced the increase in save file size as well paintable brake calipers. The brake caliper stuff never came to FH4 and save file stuff came much later in both games. Is it not better if they they announce it when ready. What if you waiter told you every five minutes that you replacement meal is being worked on every 5 minutes till it arrived.
I clarified I meant communication regarding bugs/fixes/changes specifically. While I get they can't have a dialogue with everyone, I usually think of "communication" as something that feels more like it goes both ways or is a bit more organic than just reading announcements at people, and is something some other studios do a better job with. Technically yes though, the announcements are a form of communication.

The Forza Monthly opened with them taking 4 or 5 minutes to say "we are doing bugfixes" and read a few patch notes out loud, hardly very informative or insightful. Again, fellow MS studio Undead Labs does a better job in how they address and actually communicate with the community, answering questions from the live chat as the patch notes stream is happening and they are live demonstrating the changes, and often elaborating by clarifying why a change was made, what made a bug difficult to fix in a general sense, which reports were valuable for solving a bug and how/what to report to help out, what the plan is for the future of a change like whether it will be revisited and adjusted again with feedback, and so on. If they haven't fixed an important bug, they generally address it and explain what the hold up is or what still needs testing/etc, and no one sees that as "moping or moaning" that I've ever seen.

The game isn't made for children they have to keep things extra simple for, and their previous dives into more technical things like their tire model was received well, so I don't see why a just a little more insight into the bugfixing stuff and things being worked on in the pipeline would be considered "boring" or whatever. I agree they shouldn't promise things they aren't sure if they can deliver, but several studios have roadmaps they put out and/or do progress reports on features and upcoming changes and things, doesn't seem unreasonable to think something like that would be nice given the state of the game currently.

• An increase in XP earning rate depending on how high your Safety Rating is.
An interesting way to put more value in safety rating. While they are at it, why not further incentivize it by throwing in credit bonuses based on safety rating too.

I suppose for some it might make them afraid to lose their rating so they actually play multiplayer less though. I have a few friends who worry about it a bit too much and end up just avoiding the public lobbies.

Lag has been okay, but now de-syncing in multiplayer???
You mean when people can't see each other? We had a league race last night with 19 people, and over half the grid noticed they couldn't see at least one person, including one guy that could only see 4 out of the 19 cars on the grid, which is by far the worst we have ever experienced. Usually we only have one or two people who notice someone else missing.

It was pretty funny watching the guy go "gee this is bad I can't see anyone" as he's plowing through people at turn 1. As we were getting going again and laughing about it and explaining to him that he was murdering people, he then went "ah damn sorry guys I will get out of the way" and put on the brakes and pulled over on a straightaway in front of a bunch of people and wrecked them too.

It seems to only happen for the first race people do in the lobby, so to work around it we do a 1 lap race after everyone joins the lobby to sync everyone up, then set the correct number of laps and go from there with the actual race.

Not sure if it happens in public lobbies though... I would think the practice into race transition would sort it out but hard to know I guess. I've seen some people say they aren't going into public lobbies until it is fixed as they are afraid someone will report them for hitting someone they can't see and they will get banned, which... given the history of bans on Forza, is probably a reasonable worry.

Was actually a problem back in the FM7 days too. For a long time it was pit related, with cars disappearing for other people when the AI took over in the pitlane. They fixed that eventually, but it could still happen on race start but it was really rare, our group only experienced that twice ever (that we noticed anyways).

You mean when people can't see each other? We had a league race last night with 19 people, and over half the grid noticed they couldn't see at least one person, including one guy that could only see 4 out of the 19 cars on the grid, which is by far the worst we have ever experienced. Usually we only have one or two people who notice someone else missing.

It was pretty funny watching the guy go "gee this is bad I can't see anyone" as he's plowing through people at turn 1. As we were getting going again and laughing about it and explaining to him that he was murdering people, he then went "ah damn sorry guys I will get out of the way" and put on the brakes and pulled over on a straightaway in front of a bunch of people and wrecked them too.

It seems to only happen for the first race people do in the lobby, so to work around it we do a 1 lap race after everyone joins the lobby to sync everyone up, then set the correct number of laps and go from there with the actual race.

Not sure if it happens in public lobbies though... I would think the practice into race transition would sort it out but hard to know I guess. I've seen some people say they aren't going into public lobbies until it is fixed as they are afraid someone will report them for hitting someone they can't see and they will get banned, which... given the history of bans on Forza, is probably a reasonable worry.

Was actually a problem back in the FM7 days too. For a long time it was pit related, with cars disappearing for other people when the AI took over in the pitlane. They fixed that eventually, but it could still happen on race start but it was really rare, our group only experienced that twice ever (that we noticed anyways).

That's the one. Only for us it was after we we already on for about an hour. At some point you just have to laugh about it, right? It's not like anyone on track can really do anything about it. I did see some mention of it in public lobbies on one of the FB groups, that must be a deee-zaster...

Didn't notice TOO many MP problems in FM7, granted I was a semi-late adopter picking it up the spring after release so they'd worked out the worst of it, but we did have one race I remember pretty specifically where I went into the pits in front of another guy, somehow there was some sort of spike that put him in front on exit, I passed him after and the game still gave him the win and me second. Weird one.

I think the "AI has more PI than me, I have to tune" issue is only in a few of the original Builders Cup series. There, if you had a random low PI car, in the worst case the AI would have a 20 PI lead on the second to last race and a 40 PI lead on the final race, instead of always sticking to around the same PI as you. This didn't mean you had to tune to the top of the class, just add some better tyres in the final 2 races would usually be fine.

But I've been racing the latest Open and Featured Tour series over the last few days in cars which are FAR below the maximum PI. Opponent cars tend to have slightly lower PI than my car does during the first 3-4 races of the series. In the final race, they end up with similar or slightly higher PI than me. Which implies to me that they recognized the issue and fixed it for newer series.

Something else...
I've made loads of credits by painting. If you're on PC, get yourself a copy of Forza Painter and a library of logos and get designing - you'll get a load of credits from downloads and uses.

Isn't Forza Painter bannable ?
Personally, I wouldn't be using any external tools as this might go against their T&C's?

It's technically bannable as Turn 10 want people doing everything by hand, even if all you're really doing is automating hand inputs and not directly interacting with the game code.

If logos didn't take an eternity to make, or players were allowed to (optionally) open source their creations, there wouldn't be a need/demand for tools like this.

Personally I'm not painting in Forza Motorsport at all until the entire suite of tools matches Forza Horizon 5 in terms of functionality and performance. It's simply unplayable in current form.

Last edited:
It's technically bannable as Turn 10 want people doing everything by hand, even if all you're really doing is automating hand inputs and not directly interacting with the game code.

If logos didn't take an eternity to make, or players were allowed to (optionally) open source their creations, there wouldn't be a need/demand for tools like this.

Personally I'm not painting in Forza Motorsport at all until the entire suite of tools matches Forza Horizon 5 in terms of functionality and performance. It's simply unplayable in current form.
I sometimes look at the decals uploaded to the game and wished that both FM8 and FH5 had like a decal uploader similar to GT7, and from there, it is completely legal for as long as you don't use hate symbols.

But what really annoyed me back during the days of FH4, as when I tried to make a Racing Team Solvalou livery for the C8 Corvette, is that if you use other players' decals, you can't upload the livery in question. That needs to stop.

Last edited:
Something else...
What's sad is that they intentionally create time-limited series for more expensive cars (even after the discounts) so you'd keep playing more to earn enough money for the next week's car. In the current series you need to have around 300k for a Veyron or more if you want a car that actually drives well. ;)
The only exception from this was the BRZ from the very first featured series.

Something that wasn't talked about in the Forza Monthly, but is a major improvement IMO is the addition of an extra open series "hopper" for each week. This is great, as I'm not a fan of the faster classes above S/R, so looks like each time X/P are in rotation there is a slower class also available.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-05 181621.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-05 181621.png
    35 KB · Views: 9
Something that wasn't talked about in the Forza Monthly, but is a major improvement IMO is the addition of an extra open series "hopper" for each week. This is great, as I'm not a fan of the faster classes above S/R, so looks like each time X/P are in rotation there is a slower class also available.
I'm glad those are now known in advance as I can plan my club races.

I pinged @ManteoMax about it a while back so hopefully that helped in a tiny way 🙂

• An increase in XP earning rate depending on how high your Safety Rating is, while racing in Featured Multiplayer.

If Microsoft want to monetise progression a bit they could also go with:

• An increase in XP earning rate if you are a VIP.
i wll add one more

When you get a 10.0 will earn a perfect score and 100 CXP, instead Excellent and 50 CXP

About liverys - Why do we have so few sponsor stickers? GT got more and with variations and PC3 too.
Many forza painter members do a lot of sponsor stickers

Last edited:
i wll add one more

When you get a 10.0 will earn a perfect score and 100 CXP, instead Excellent and 50 CXP

About liverys - Why do we have so few sponsor stickers? GT got more and with variations and PC3 too.
Many forza painter members do a lot of sponsor stickers
On liveries, that’s down to licensing agreements and restrictions. Take note how of Ferrari cars have fewer than others.

Still though, I don’t get why Turn 10’s fictional brands don’t have decals. They have good looking “fake sponsors” in this game too.

Last edited:
I have had some trouble keeping up with news due to being busy as of late; were there any livery editor improvements announced with this upcoming update?

Back