Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,235 comments
If you're a small youtuber from Brazil can you give Reiza a nudge & convince them to bring automobilista 2 to console :)
I don't know any of the developers, but I have friends who play Automobilista 2. I can ask for information and contact them to see if there are any plans to bring the game to consoles.

Making a bunch of (good) suggestions on a forum is far easier than making those suggestions a reality ;)
In my experience, the good suggestions are actually the hardest part. If you're simply taking a fixed specification of what software should do, and getting someone to program it, people who can do that are a commodity. I'm not saying it's unskilled, but if the funding is there, you will have no problem paying someone to implement the specification. The people who determine what the product should do are the highest paid and have the most impact on the success of the product because that's the hardest part (particularly determining if the return will exceed the cost, which is of course the ultimate measure of how good a suggestion is, from a business perspective).

I haven't played FM for a while, I'm waiting for the update with the claimed PC performance improvements. I've been playing some Rocket Racing (a new racing game mode inside Fortnite), and from launch day it has run absolutely flawlessly, I get a 100% stutter free silky smooth 4k 144hz.

I don't know any of the developers, but I have friends who play Automobilista 2. I can ask for information and contact them to see if there are any plans to bring the game to consoles.
I think they would've mentioned something by now if they had any intentions, who knows maybe they want to get everything sorted on PC before hand but I doubt it will happen, which is a shame because I think it would do well.

As someone who has played and loved the series since FM2 I'm really struggling to get into this latest edition.

I'm actually having more fun with Horizon at the moment (this isn't a Horizon v Motorsport thing as I've enjoyed both series over the years). Its bright and colorful and just more fun for lack of a better word. There's more freedom in how you race or how you build your car. It reminds me of earlier Motorsport games. I have a 360 just for FM4 which I still adore to this day but I'm not living in the past. FM7 had its pros and cons but at least I looked forward to playing it. It had a decent enough single player campaign to have a crack at and that was enjoyable enough even with homologation which I wasn't a fan of. Unfortunately that urge to do so with this latest game just isn't there.

Its not all negative because the car pass has some good cars in it and controller physics are better then 7. But even with that in mind the enjoyment just isn't there. I was so close to buying the premium edition. But then I hesitated because I wondered why am I doing this when I'm not enjoying the game. Why am I doing this just because I've done this for every other Forza Motorsport? Just for continuity's sake?

Its been hard writing this post but part of me was like I got to speak my mind about this and move on.

As someone who has played and loved the series since FM2 I'm really struggling to get into this latest edition.

I'm actually having more fun with Horizon at the moment (this isn't a Horizon v Motorsport thing as I've enjoyed both series over the years). Its bright and colorful and just more fun for lack of a better word. There's more freedom in how you race or how you build your car. It reminds me of earlier Motorsport games. I have a 360 just for FM4 which I still adore to this day but I'm not living in the past. FM7 had its pros and cons but at least I looked forward to playing it. It had a decent enough single player campaign to have a crack at and that was enjoyable enough even with homologation which I wasn't a fan of. Unfortunately that urge to do so with this latest game just isn't there.

Its not all negative because the car pass has some good cars in it and controller physics are better then 7. But even with that in mind the enjoyment just isn't there. I was so close to buying the premium edition. But then I hesitated because I wondered why am I doing this when I'm not enjoying the game. Why am I doing this just because I've done this for every other Forza Motorsport? Just for continuity's sake?

Its been hard writing this post but part of me was like I got to speak my mind about this and move on.
I MUCH prefer serious circuit based games to open world racers but Horizon 5 just feel like a way more cohesive and finalized package. I still hate that theres basically no progression (they need to ape Horizon 1s classic NFS progression again) but yea it's just a better game, with FM in its current state.

Is this a glitch or was it intentional to strip you of your credits?
It was intentional. But don't worry, they gave me a free Audi R8 to make up for it. :lol:
Which I sold because coincidentally enough, I already had it. 🤷‍♀️🤔😄
I was hoping maybe as a goodwill gesture they could fix their broke game but naw, here's an Audi.

Last edited:
Me who bought all the cars i wanted thank to the exploit so when they remove money i still have the cars.

df215b75ebbf175e374f996517d24b7d.gif

Me who bought all the cars i wanted thank to the exploit so when they remove money i still have the cars.

df215b75ebbf175e374f996517d24b7d.gif
I know. I have ever car the game has (except for the two duplicate Cadillac LMDh cars, why have to level up all 3?) and was only sitting on 13 mil. If I would of known we were keeping the cars then I would have invested it. No biggie though. Don't care about the driver level as well.
They really were pretty intent on fixing this though, let's see if this update tomorrow fixes more of the important stuff.

You exploited the game, got caught, & had your exploits reversed instead of something more severe along with being given a free car.

And they're the assholes?

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago
Ya they are. You want to go through this again, here we go. This junk that was perpetuated as built from the ground up over and over again still has an exploit that ran THE WHOLE life of FM7. And here we are with FM(2023) and we have the same exploit, and their lie has been proven yet again. So they can fix their game, which they're going to have to do a whole hell of a lot to even get it to a point where it's usable for most people. But if they want to put out this garbage with the same exploits carried over from previous games, and then think it's reasonable to have the audacity to punish a player for Turn 10's mistakes, then yes, they're the assholes.

Fix your mistakes if you have to, but they are an embarrassment for even having this exploit in their built from the ground up game in the first place as well as all the issues with their models and other problems that obviously carried over from previous games.

#whereschrisesaki 😂 Unbelievable

Ya they are. You want to go through this again.
Nope.

You exploited the game, you got caught, they reversed it. No matter how bad a game is, no game developer is going to be okay with players exploiting their games to such extent. I've exploited the hell out of GTA: O b/c the grindfest in public lobbies is nothing more than a ploy to sell Shark Cards. But, I'm not going to call them assholes & go on a tirade if I get caught and banned b/c I knowingly did something they do not permit.

If you're that pissed off, stop playing the game & give them one less player statistic.

Last edited:
Nope.

You exploited the game, you got caught, they reversed it. No matter how bad a game is, no game developer is going to be okay with players exploiting their games to such extent. I've exploited the hell out of GTA: O b/c the grindfest in public lobbies is nothing more than a ploy to sell Shark Cards. But, I'm not going to call them assholes & go on a tirade if I get caught and banned b/c I knowingly did something they do not permit.

If you're that pissed off, stop playing the game & give them one less player statistic.
Does it really matter. Are you that serious about it. Good grief. If I got a refund for this yesterday, it still wouldn't of been soon enough. Upset about some stupid exploit? Not really at all. Upset about being duped and lied to about a whole game that they tried to hide all the stuff they knew would come out the day it was released? Yes. We all got duped by this. That's what happens when these companies lie to you. They put out screen shots and video that didn't even represent the game we got.
I mean you have a guy that was the face of this up until release that even went into hiding. You have people making posts all over like the one a few posts up in this thread about a guy who has supported Forza since game one and is completely disappointed in this.
Who's side are you on anyways? You'd rather fight in here than fight the company that did this in the first place?

I'm not really bothered about the credits and levels. Do the crime, do the time.

While my gaming experience seems better than most, there is the chance their 'crime' of launching an unpolished game comes round to bite us all, if they misconstrue dwindling player numbers with 'a lack of interest in this genre' and we get less dev support.

For me... It all comes down to 'in the end, it's just a game' and I'll live on past whatever happens shrugs

It was intentional. But don't worry, they gave me a free Audi R8 to make up for it. :lol:
Which I sold because coincidentally enough, I already had it. 🤷‍♀️🤔😄
I was hoping maybe as a goodwill gesture they could fix their broke game but naw, here's an Audi.
Well, I haven't turned on my Xbox in quite a while because I've been playing ACC on PS5. It looks like I know whats awaiting me when I do turn it on.

I'm not likely to play much more Forza but if the game got better and I did choose to play it I'm going to regret holding on to all that money and not buying all the cars.

So that’s why all the drivatars are at level 1 now LMAO! I guess I’m glad I didn’t use the glitch because I would have lost a lot of credits. I keep at least 4.5 million at all times just in case I need 10 Jesko’s…

I never try exploiting games or doing some AFK boosting, but I think they've picked the worst way to implement this. It's 2 months since the release so people have more to lose now when their progress is reset, afaik the fix isn't new to this Forza game and those who actually spent the money on cars won't be punished and losing levels won't make a difference for them.

They should've just fixed the exploit as soon as possible and leave it at that. Chances are they're going to lose even more players now, I know I'd stop playing if my progress was reset (for whatever reason).

Last edited:
I dont think its right for turn 10 to reverse your progress for things they made mistakes for the game, even durimg many exploits i made with gt7 they never took anything away from what i made for that, people taking advantage of those exploits becouse the devs are not doing what the players want and its not fair to be punished for it,
Progress isnt affected from what ive read.If you use an exploit and get caught out thats fine,a while back people were being banned for using exploit or whatever so losing credits and DL isnt so bad,however,the state of the game with its issues I can understand people being annoyed.This glitch should have been fixed right from the beginning,not 2 months later,prioritising what needs fixing seems a little off.

I wonder what DJS thinks since I'm pretty sure he unknowingly showed that glitch off. That video probably got a lot of people's credits taken lol.
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8s9fU1ewXg
I think this was the link but the video is gone. It was called "How to go 416mp/h" or something. Clicking it messed up the title my history had saved so I forget what it was...

Edit:
Found it on waybackmachine:
Screenshot 2023-12-12 051304.png

Last edited:
You exploited the game, got caught, & had your exploits reversed instead of something more severe along with being given a free car.

And they're the assholes?

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago
Personally, I have never exploited any aspect of the game but judging by T10's usual strictness instead of receiving a perma-ban, players had their exploits reversed and was even given a free car as a gesture.

In this case I'd also question calling them assholes :rolleyes:

While that is all true, I assume the reason why many people used the auto-driving trick was so they could actually tune the cars they like rather than needing to drive each car themselves for 3 hours. This isn't so much exploiting the game as solving what they felt was a bad system.

Personally I've not used auto-driving whatsoever because I don't really care much about tuning my cars, but even so I'm looking at the 20x level 50 achievement and wondering if I can be bothered. It's at least 60 hours of driving needed in those specific 20 cars, after all.

Edit: Actually this penalization round is a win for all of us who didn't use the auto-driving thing to earn carXP. We got a second copy of the 2020 Audi R8 which sells for 140k credits. Free credits with no downside :D

Last edited:
Edit: Actually this penalization round is a win for all of us who didn't use the auto-driving thing to earn carXP. We got a second copy of the 2020 Audi R8 which sells for 140k credits. Free credits with no downside :D
Just be careful you don't sell the one you've levelled up by mistake... :eek: :lol:

Last edited:
While that is all true, I assume the reason why many people used the auto-driving trick was so they could actually tune the cars they like rather than needing to drive each car themselves for 3 hours. This isn't so much exploiting the game as solving what they felt was a bad system.

Personally I've not used auto-driving whatsoever because I don't really care much about tuning my cars, but even so I'm looking at the 20x level 50 achievement and wondering if I can be bothered. It's at least 60 hours of driving needed in those specific 20 cars, after all.

While I like the 'build, not earned' system in principle, the way it's currently implement is utter garbage. I was thinking about it and I would change it like this:

• Reduce max car level from 50 to 10 (drastic, I know).
  • Remove 'car points' or whatever it's called. Instead 'lock' specific parts / group of parts behind each level and give player option to choose what parts they want to unlock first as they level up (within reason and for replayability purposes).
  • Cars would not level up based on how many laps you did (let's face it, this is how it is now) but instead you would get a level up every time you complete an event.
  • Championships would consist of 6 events.
  • You could get maximum of 2 levels per event. One for completing practice and one for the actual race with an option to:
    • Get an instant level up if you beat the target lap time in practice;
    • Skip practice completely but be able to recover level during the race if you finish it in certain position (based on difficulty level selected - risk / reward).

Above guarantees that if you complete 5 events in a championship (either by practice + race OR just good performance during races) you can fully upgrade your car for the final, 6th event. Making it a showcase with 100% optional practice (you could still do it if you failed to level up to this point to get the car up to level 10... then the system would give you the remaining levels as you practice laps).

This would make replying these events actually fun. Trying different builds, trying different cars.

Few caveats:

1. You could only enter a new championship either with car level 0 (fully stock) or car level 10 (if you want to reply it with your car and all AI cars fully maxed out from the first event).
  2. When you enter a championship that car is 'locked' for the duration. You can't level it up outside of championship.
  3. AI cars level up as championship progresses. Fully stock cars at the beginning, crazy tunes in the last showcase event with liveries, body parts, you name it.
  4. Similar system could be applied in other modes.

Back