Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,346 comments
Reading this thread, I have feeling that this game isn't system seller, as expected.

I liked FM5-7 on XBO, now thinking about getting Xbox again.
Also, I enjoyed FH3, with Blizzard Mountain as one of the best DLCs ever in my opinion.

Can FM23 and FH5 (and 4, bcs I didn't played) fulfill cost of Xbox Series X?
I wouldn’t buy a console for a single game, not in 2023 anyway.

A Series X is worth it for Game Pass though, which would get you both Forzas, plus Horizon 4. If you get Game Pass Ultimate that also includes EA Play, which means GRID, F1, DiRT too.

Not to mention the other few hundred games of the service.

Reading this thread, I have feeling that this game isn't system seller, as expected.

I liked FM5-7 on XBO, now thinking about getting Xbox again.
Also, I enjoyed FH3, with Blizzard Mountain as one of the best DLCs ever in my opinion.

Can FM23 and FH5 (and 4, bcs I didn't played) fulfill cost of Xbox Series X?
Game Pass is the system seller. Besides, this wasn’t the game that got the most mainstream attention and hype for Xbox this year; that honor would go to Starfield. Not that either game ended up like what MS promised…

I gave DLSS Ultra a try, and to me it certainly seems like DLAA is working properly now. Least jaggies of any setting for me.

You mean the one that rewards you with a bunch of useless cars you can't use anywhere? I never found it satisfying and fun. GT3, on the other hand...
Gt4 has proably the best career mode in any racing game of all time even better than gt3 that also was very good career mode, nowdays every racing game has really really drop the ball with proper career modes

It always really irks me to see somebody chalk up the complaints about FM's car progression as "well they just want instant gratification these days". Personally I've played games that make me grind for things just fine, because their gameplay loop was fun! FM's loop isn't very fun for me though, so I haven't been that motivated to boot the game up. I can't speak for every single person that's been clamoring for proper progression for years, but for me this just isn't it.

Anyone else (particularly painters) have this issue on Series X?

In short, if you have a large number of vinyl groups saved, the menu takes a very long time to open, so long in fact that the second time I did it, it soft-locked the game.

First load was 50 seconds, and when it did load it didn’t show any thumbnails.

When syncing Forza Horizon 5 files none appears available for import (I should own 400 there too).

It was like this pre-patch as well.

Last edited:
They have fixed many things on the Mazda 787B (headlights, roasters, tow hook), and the new sound is much much better. Also saw some improvements in RTAO and RT reflections on the car itself.

110.jpg

111.jpg

112.jpg

Forza-Motorsport-13-12-2023-0-40-53.jpg

Do these Spotlight rewards leave forever after the update ends, or are they in the Showroom?
As far as we know, all spotlight cars are added to the auto show permanently. But you can only get them for 30% off in the week that they were added.

The open and featured series reward cars do expire however. So you need to complete those two series every month if you want to avoid missing out on them.

This update is probably the best one so far. I have noticed quite a few changes and some were not even listed. Cars seem to feel more grippy at least the race cars so far. Only tested a handful but I swear they stick to the track a bit better. Quite a few cars got their sounds updated like the 787b which that car got a whole new makeover in itself, the Essenza sc v12, the ktm gt2, the bmw m8 gte and a couple others. Graphics look more crisp too especially pre and post race, you can look around freely during the race countdown, theres now a skip race icon right front and center when pausing during practice race, and car idles/ revving sound louder. Im sure theres a few more subtle things all in all the game is starting to feel like Forza Motorsport again. Just a couple more things they need to polish and touch on still but im satisfied.

Gt4 has proably the best career mode in any racing game of all time even better than gt3 that also was very good career mode, nowdays every racing game has really really drop the ball with proper career modes
I concur, I played GT4 for the first time with my PS2 CD on PCSX2 to have better graphics and I was blasted away.

The starting car choices and the Credits/License Import had me starting with a early 90's NSX with good tune-up parts.

Anyone else missing some driver suits? I started the evening at Level 78, yet the suits for 50, 60, and 70 were locked. When I reached 80, the new Level 80 suits unlocked, but 50, 60, and 70s remained locked!
df668035-1837-4fc5-8f46-912117eeb5ba.png

Anyone else missing some driver suits? I started the evening at Level 78, yet the suits for 50, 60, and 70 were locked. When I reached 80, the new Level 80 suits unlocked, but 50, 60, and 70s remained locked!
View attachment 1311338
Per our announcement, "Please note, a game restart may be required for all suits to be downloaded and unlocked."

If this still persists after a restart please upvote the THUB topic:

A very underwhelming update, but if it means I can finally play with my friend who's on PC without him having issues then I'm happy enough, plus very glad to see Hockenheim back. Love that track.

Still outraged at not being able to move the camera when buying wheels, but hey ho. I'm hoping maybe there's a whole update for the livery editor or UI fixes.

As someone who has played and loved the series since FM2 I'm really struggling to get into this latest edition.

FM7 had its pros and cons but at least I looked forward to playing it. It had a decent enough single player campaign to have a crack at and that was enjoyable enough even with homologation which I wasn't a fan of. Unfortunately that urge to do so with this latest game just isn't there.

Its not all negative because the car pass has some good cars in it and controller physics are better then 7. But even with that in mind the enjoyment just isn't there. I was so close to buying the premium edition. But then I hesitated because I wondered why am I doing this when I'm not enjoying the game. Why am I doing this just because I've done this for every other Forza Motorsport? Just for continuity's sake?

Its been hard writing this post but part of me was like I got to speak my mind about this and move on.
This is where I'm at, but unfortunately I did buy the premium edition. I thought I'd still unlock the reward cars but short races with super cars on the same old tracks is such a grind. Hopefully, with some more tracks in a year or so, free play will feel worthwhile. But until then back to PC 2 I go. 😞

Feels like it's been forever since I last posted here, mainly due to that one event that occurred that has left me in the state of depression for about a month. Just wanted to say, I'm very impressed with how T10 is updating the game of far and the fixes they've done. I do hope they continue with this effort as well as listening to fans, like keeping the new events permanent, for example.

I feel T10 will eventually get FM23 in a place we all would feel comfortable with. It will just take time to get there. There are many other things that still need fixing, like the fact I have a classic Mini Cooper S in my garage, which I can't access to. If I did, it would just freeze my game, and it's level 10! Hopefully, that gets solved someday.

Welp, I hope to see y'all in the next update, as I won't be logging in regularly anymore due to my reputation being toxic. Not that it matters. Take care, Forza Fam!

Still outraged at not being able to move the camera when buying wheels, but hey ho. I'm hoping maybe there's a whole update for the livery editor or UI fixes.
This is one of those annoying QOL fixes that I think really shouldnt be that hard to implement.Then again,im not a game developer so maybe its not so simple.

@TokoTurismo Im hopefull too,I enjoy it at the moment warts and all.

Last edited:
Same here, the suits at lvl 60+ were locked when I first started the game, but they all unlocked immediately the second time I launched the game post update.

Latest Posts

Back