Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 13,328 comments
I think the ilumination of my garage glitched and now I'm kinda digging it. Would be cool if the garage time of day would sync with our local time. That would be a pretty cool detail and bring more life to the game menu as a whole.

(My game brightness settings are at 0.50, default setting, non HDR)

Attachments

• Forza Motorsport-2024_05_29-23-36-42.png
    Forza Motorsport-2024_05_29-23-36-42.png
    167.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Forza Motorsport-2024_05_29-23-36-59.png
    Forza Motorsport-2024_05_29-23-36-59.png
    206.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Forza Motorsport-2024_05_29-23-37-08.png
    Forza Motorsport-2024_05_29-23-37-08.png
    189.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Don't know what's happening with the game on my series X...

Since update 8 it's been crashing when exiting any events.
Now, the game has frozen on the loading screen when finishing practice in Career. Restarted 3 times and I'm rather annoyed.

I've uninstalled 3 times since update 8, which doesn't help.

The Series S in the bedroom? No issues :odd:

Don't know what's happening with the game on my series X...

Since update 8 it's been crashing when exiting any events.
Now, the game has frozen on the loading screen when finishing practice in Career. Restarted 3 times and I'm rather annoyed.

I've uninstalled 3 times since update 8, which doesn't help.

The Series S in the bedroom? No issues :odd:
Have you tried cleaning the console's cache? I have no issues with the game in any of my platforms (X/S and PC).

My game will LOOONG load out of race series on PC. I usually alt out and get a web browser going while I wait for it to get back to the menu screen or whatnot. If that makes any difference. Wasn't like that before.

Last edited:
Have you tried cleaning the console's cache? I have no issues with the game in any of my platforms (X/S and PC).
Ive had 3 crashes back to the xbox screen in one session since this latest update, Ive only had 1 crash prior to this since release so ive cleared the cache ready for my next session.Fingers crossed but a bit weird all the same.

I think I'm going down a similar path. Beat the C class open tour and now when I boot up the game it either gets stuck on the first screen with the cadillac and corvette or it tells me I'm not connected and can only play free play offline. This is some weird stuff man

On PC, i have noticed much longer loads (between the Start position select screen and the grid view/fuel-tire adjust menu) for the first race of each tour. I am guessing it is taking longer to download some sort of Drivatar data, presumably liveries.

Luckily, I have had no crashes during a race but it has crashed on the initial disclaimer screen, a handful of times.

On PC, i have noticed much longer loads (between the Start position select screen and the grid view/fuel-tire adjust menu) for the first race of each tour. I am guessing it is taking longer to download some sort of Drivatar data, presumably liveries.

Luckily, I have had no crashes during a race but it has crashed on the initial disclaimer screen, a handful of times.
I've noticed longer times for race start in free play once I've got the race rules, location, etc. set up. The little spinning wheel runs for 30 seconds or so before the track actually shows up for the race start.

On a better note it seems like my crash issue was a quick one-off. It has not done it since Saturday I guess it fixed itself who knows. Also this Friday we should be getting our first tease into Update 9 including the upcoming track perhaps...
All I know is that Update 9 is gonna be pretty big, as I remembered reading that Turn Ten are going to bring:
  • Spectator mode
  • Car division re-balancing (primarily with Forza GT)
  • Proximity radar
  • Endurance and multi-class racing
And based on the recent leaks, it looks like Sebring will be our next track. Rather fitting if they'll add endurance and multi-class races.

As for the cars, it's anyone's guess. There's no apparent telling what they may be.

Last edited:
All I know is that Update 9 is gonna be pretty big, as I remembered reading that Turn Ten are going to bring:
  • Spectator mode
  • Proximity radar
And based on the recent leaks, it looks like Sebring will be our next track. Rather fitting if they'll add endurance and multi-class races.

As for the cars, it's anyone's guess. There's no apparent telling what they may be.

As much as I'd like to see all of this, I'd temper your expectations a little, they mentioned "in the next few months", which unfortunately still stretches to update 10, but is also very loose wording that I wouldn't be surprised if it's later than that.

I'll have my Xbox back in about 3 weeks, so still very excited to see the improvements updates 8 and 9 have brought

• Spectator mode
  • Proximity radar

I hope they'll add an option to make singleplayer racing events longer like in FM7.

• Spectator mode
  • Proximity radar

Hopefully!!!

I hope they'll add an option to make singleplayer racing events longer like in FM7.
That's actually one of the things I have been hoping they add into career mode, that was a great feature in FM7. Too many of these races in FM are short as hell and times where im sitting in say 3rd or 4th place with good pace but can't catch 1st place because the race is only a disappointing three or four laps. I need at least 5-10 laps for some of them. Hopefully when they add endurance racing that comes along with it.

• Spectator mode
  • Proximity radar

Fingers crossed that some of these features will be included in the coming update or indeed further ones as I expect Turn10 to not overload one update.

The most important one for me would be endurance and multi-class racing, hopefully integrated in the career mode in the form of an extra tab or a permanent new tour (hopefully featuring Sebring as indeed that would be rather fitting).

One thing I am very much hoping for is more new race cars to flesh out existing divisions:
  • LMP3: Ginetta LMP3 would be an obvious candidate.
  • LMP2: Ligier JS P2 and Dallara P217 would be great additions
  • DPI/LMH: Many obvious contenders to join the Cadillac V Series.R
  • GT3: New ones such as the Vantage GT3, 296 GT3, M4 GT3, Mustang GT3 etc

If we could get only one or two out of the above in the coming update I would be a very happy camper :) And if Turn10 would offer something like the race day car pack again with new race cars, I'd be more than happy to purchase that.

Last edited:
I think I've have settled on the PC settings for my current configuration and I'm quite pleased with the results: 1080p, 70-100 fps with high resolution scale (150%) and RT reflections, with excellent detail in the cars/liveries and track overall.
Although I don't use the upscaler on PC, I hope they switch to FSR 3.1 soon, as it would bring frame generation in-game, and has much better visual quality and less artifacts than the current FSR 2.0. This would also benefit the consoles, especially the series S, which really looks rough in a 4K TV.

Why do they insist on attaching Forza to motorbike stuff if they have zero intention of doing motorbike stuff. Very annoying.

Last edited:
With the 935 now available, apparently if you decide to finish the wheels in carbon fiber, the outer fans are removed. Interestingly enough, if you flip back to a design that has the wheel fans, it will remove them.

For example, on the Design menu, there is a full Martini livery with the fans in red & there is a Brumos livery that has them removed. If you download both, & flip back to the Martini design, the game will load the Martini design back with the fans still off. It's almost amusing how the livery system has had these weird bugs for multiple Forza games now, Horizon & Motorsport. :lol:

Edit* And when you load into a race, the fans will reappear if they're on the design.

Last edited:
I'm calling BS on this.

Screenshot 2024-06-05 213537.png

I thought if you didn't upgrade the AI were not supposed to either. Well THEY ALL UPGRADED!! It cost me the championship. I was in 1st going into this race by a point. I knew something was up when I got beat in practice by nearly 9 seconds. That never happens. I was lucky to finish where I did. I was blocking like crazy the last lap and a half.

I'm calling BS on this.

View attachment 1362383

I thought if you didn't upgrade the AI were not supposed to either. Well THEY ALL UPGRADED!! It cost me the championship. I was in 1st going into this race by a point. I knew something was up when I got beat in practice by nearly 9 seconds. That never happens. I was lucky to finish where I did. I was blocking like crazy the last lap and a half.

They follow a pretty fixed pattern of upgrades I feel, sometimes you can sail through the series without upgrading, other times the field upgrades around you and leave you in the dust. I too would like to be able to run series without upgrades, I feel like cars at stock is an experience in and of itself.

They follow a pretty fixed pattern of upgrades I feel, sometimes you can sail through the series without upgrading, other times the field upgrades around you and leave you in the dust. I too would like to be able to run series without upgrades, I feel like cars at stock is an experience in and of itself.
I think I remember it happening maybe once or twice early on in the game's history but it's been a very long time. That's why it shocked me. I should have just got the Elemental or something else that was already up close to 800. But then they could have just gone to the R900 max.

Back