Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
If T10 didn't realise that their international audience isn't aware in the slightest of special US holidays, then that's a bit crappy of them... Even just a brief comment would have been plenty to give us warning.
Agreed. Some kind of communication or post should have been made between last Thursday and today.

Being in software development myself I know all about that, however if your public expects you to meet a deadline you have to say something... I get that "we're not sure" isn't the best thing to say, but it beats being silent :(
That’s probably why they tweeted, as the last few updates have been on Mondays.

While we wait for any news regarding update 10, has anyone seen this? Team effort? Will we finally be able to switch drivers during multiplayer races now?🤔
I highly doubt driver swaps will be coming. ACC has them on the PC and they are pretty important for enduros but there has been no mention of them coming to console, so I highly doubt T10 will bother. If it was something they were working on, I'd expect we would have heard about it like with the radar and so on... but it would be a nice surprise.

For the TORA enduros they break the race up into 2-hour stints, and completely reform the lobbies for each one, reorganize the grid, and do another rolling start. Battling with Forza instability, improper/lacking lobby options/controls, and a vague scoring system that means they have to do a convoluted finish procedure to record the distances covered by each driver usually means the races go off schedule by quite a bit... And basically all of those factors have gotten worse for FM8 rather than better.

A few of the TORA staff have worked with T10 on things, and although they can't say much, it has been pretty clear that they are frustrated and they have plainly said that some of their requests haven't even been acknowledged. The "President" of TORA recently stepped down as well, citing frustration with T10 as even when having direct contact with them they have ignored most of his comments and suggestions regarding community features, leaving him pessimistic about the future of the Forza Motorsport series and TORA's ability to provide the type of racing they want to provide for the community using FM8.

The fact that they have gone ahead and scheduled an enduro makes me wonder if they know that some changes are coming up to help the organization process and with stability. It seems this 6 hour race (only 3 stints) is a glorified test race to see how it goes before they attempt a longer/larger scale enduro.
Being in software development myself I know all about that, however if your public expects you to meet a deadline you have to say something... I get that "we're not sure" isn't the best thing to say, but it beats being silent :(
It's not really a big deal to wait a few days or an extra week or whatever, and I'm even glad as I hate the Monday updates they moved to for update 6 or whatever it was... but yeah some form of communication beforehand would have been nice and probably made people feel better about it.

I understand sometimes things can change and there can be a hiccup, whether technical or with licensing or something, but they still could have handled it much better. While they obviously couldn't highlight the piece of content/feature that there is an issue with (if that's why this is happening), they could still highlight something that is a lock in that doesn't have an issue with it. Something like a picture of one of the new cars with a "Hey guys, the update will be out later this week, who is looking forward to driving this car when it releases?" or (if there is a new track) a teaser picture of some grandstands "can you figure out which track is coming with this update?" or something like that would have been a way for them to let us know what is happening and deliver the news about the delay while also giving us something to look forward to or be excited about.

I get that they can be busy working on things, but I would think they have a separate social media person that isn't busy bug fixing or whatever that is supposed to be doing things like this, and the game kinda needs some positivity or "hype." When they give us nothing then not only do they miss the opportunity to give us something positive or to build a buzz about, but it creates a bit of a "void" that the community will fill with questions and speculation that will pretty inevitably turn towards doubts and/or negativity and/or frustration... Which is something we have seen happen with them at different points in several titles now, so I guess it doesn't bother them.

I get that they can be busy working on things, but I would think they have a separate social media person that isn't busy bug fixing or whatever that is supposed to be doing things like this
They do, plus they have ManteoMax for community.

Ultimately, if an update isn’t ready to be revealed there’s not much they can do other than tell people to sit tight.

They can’t exactly spin up filler content that easy either as said content needs production time, licensing approval etc. A simple asset like a screeenshot could take a week, longer if it’s of a car from an unresponsive brand.

I just got a notification from the Game Pass iOS app about Update 10. Apparently the theme is Manufacturer Rivalries. Couldn’t find anything else about it in the app or on the website though yet…

Seems like a slightly premature notification 😅

Oh good so it wasn't just me seeing things thenm I tapped on the notification but it just took me to the FM page on the GP app and not to any specific article.

At least the delay has given me time to finish off the open tour, have been away from my PC/Xbox in June so rushing to complete everything before the update inevitably distracts me.

Suddenly, I'm feeling Slightly Mad Studios abandonment vibes... :scared:
I don't see them abandoning the game but I just can't see them adding a new to the series track. And I don't even blame T10, I just don't think they have the budget and I'm not sure even DLC would cover it. I could see them doing a car pack with new cars. (Although I do recall Chris Esaki saying something about a trip to Europe, so who knows?) Would love to see the budget for GT compared to FM, but Sony need GT more than MS need FM, now they have FH.

Will be interesting to see what the next track is compared to the votes on the forums, although licensing is probably a factor.

Last edited:
I don't see them abandoning the game but I just can't see them adding a new to the series track. And I don't even blame T10, I just don't think they have the budget and I'm not sure even DLC would cover it. I could see them doing a car pack with new cars. (Although I do recall Chris Esaki saying something about a trip to Europe, so who knows?) Would love to see the budget for GT compared to FM, but Sony need GT more than MS need FM, now they have FH.

Will be interesting to see what the next track is compared to the votes on the forums, although licensing is probably a factor.
I think we will get at least 1 new to FM track because why else would they have track voting on their site, even if it's not the highly requested Imola or Paul Ricard. We may not get 5-10 new ones like I originally thought but who knows. If T10 supports this game beyond 3 years then there's a chance but if all they do is incorporate updated tracks from FM7 over the next year or so and all we see is 1 new track then yeah that's all they can muster. Then we look forward to the next game in the series...

Last edited:
I'm starting to become convinced that T10 lost a lot of senior staff in the long lull between FM7 and FM23, and the new team built altogether too many elements "from the ground up" resulting in loss of features and many bugs.

Given the many features which are far more comprehensive in FH5 than FM23, they simply don't have a good story to their fans for dropping features when they could have seemingly just used the ones from FH5 (whether possible or not).

I think they should get there in the end, but Microsoft might be better off writing off FM23 as "first gen on new console, poor start", hiring some more experienced staff and rebooting as FM25 or FM26 using the functional basics with the feature gaps removed. That would get them a larger customer base than tweaking FM23 for years, I suspect.

My personal concern is whether the FM23 game engine is suitable for use under FH6. I can stomach FM23's loss of features because I like the driving experience, but I could not stomach FH6 becoming bare bones due to struggling with the new game engine... That would probably kill the series.

I’m just holding out hope for a decent turnaround AC EVO to console. I’ve already built all the cars I want and at this point MP has just become repetitive for me. While still fun to compete against others in non-META vehicle trying to get a podium, I am beginning to play less and less.

More vehicle is probably most important to me. I would also like to see MP statistics added as well as more tracks. Another change which I would love to see is MP races like we had a few months ago, with 4-cyl, V6, and V8 regulated races. That was my favorite month thus far.

Fortunately my system no longer crashes as much. The game certainly looks better than at release as well. Matchmaking has been better as well.

They can’t exactly spin up filler content that easy either as said content needs production time, licensing approval etc. A simple asset like a screeenshot could take a week, longer if it’s of a car from an unresponsive brand.
If it would really take a week of work to take a screenshot of a car that they already have a license agreement for and use it for a promotional Twitter/forum post, then the depth of licensing complications is pretty... depressing.

No wonder we can't have nice things.
At least the delay has given me time to finish off the open tour, have been away from my PC/Xbox in June so rushing to complete everything before the update inevitably distracts me.
I'd say the Chevron is absolutely worth it, it's a nice little car even as a rental but with a little aero on the nose and some more accel in the diff it's a sweetheart. Pretty unique too, since we often just get the wilder cars from that era in most games.

Interestingly, it has 2 engine swaps available that are the real engines the car ran, a rotary Mazda and Ford 4cyl to go along with its default BMW 4cyl. Pretty neat to see them go that in-depth and accurate with it and hopefully it's a sign of things to come. Funny though, I checked at Kyalami and with the default BMW it said it would go something like 140(!) laps on a tank of fuel, 42 with the rotary, and only 25 with the Ford.

As an added bonus it's a leaderboard car apparently, if that's your thing... It isn't for me, so I just drive it stock.

Absolute shame so many people will miss out on it though, wish this FOMO stuff would go away and they would just add it to the shop...
I think we will get at least 1 new to FM track because why else would they have track voting on their site, even if it's not the highly requested Imola or Paul Ricard. We may not get 5-10 new ones like I originally thought but who knows. If T10 supports this game beyond 3 years then there's a chance but if all they do is incorporate updated tracks from FM7 over the next year or so and all we see is 1 new track then yeah that's all they can muster. Then we look forward to the next game in the series...
Yuck, just the thought of Paul Ricard as potentially the only track we get... a thing of nightmares. Like I'm not saying it's complete ****, but it's not even close to Imola or Interlagos (which I think is a bit overrated itself) that are high up on the voting thing. It would be a travesty if all we get is some "mid" (isn't that what the kids say these days?) track like Paul Ricard.

While the overall quality of the track list in the games has always been pretty good, it has grown really slowly over the years. Makes it hard to be optimistic about it growing that much, whether it's in the future of FM8 or for an FM9.

Unfortunately, the "wait for the next game then I guess" is something many of us have been playing since FM1, whether it be about features or content or whatever. Now, with the potential for this game to be on a longer cycle, we have been playing "wait for the next update then I guess" and it feels kinda like the same thing all over again, but our dreams are dashed every month instead of every 2 years.

The update being divided into two parts? Thats new. No mention of a new track either 🤔

This probably is an Indiaction that there was an issue with whatever feature(s) they were to implement as part of update 10, and so they have split it into two. One containing all the content and the other containing the feature(s). They will probably get the second part fixed before deploying it.

The update being divided into two parts? Thats new. No mention of a new track either 🤔

New aero wings? The community has been asking for new Forza aero for a long time, so it seems like they finally listened and we are getting something besides the generic Forza wing we have had for decades. It sounds like this is a large update and may be why it had to be delayed.

So, the cover car on this image is the 2017 Camaro ZL1? Or the 1LE?
S

Standard zl1 if I'm not wrong. The rims resemble the stock rims on the 2017 zl1.
Oof. Bet that they'll add the most generic rivals campaigns to event. Hard to speculate a spotlight car list but:

Mustang v. Camaro - 2024 Ford Mustang GT/Dark Horse
Ferrari v. Lamborghini - 2020 Lamborghini Countach
Porsche 917 v. Ferrari 512 - 1970 Porsche #23 917/20 Pink Pig
Mitsubishi v. Subaru - no new car added.

IDK bout the rest. Featured and Open Tour rewards are prolly wildcards.

New wings? Forza ducktail on every dang car?

Last edited:
Is it just me or is the 963 very slidey both in low speed and high speed turns? i dont think prototypes are supposed to slide around so much given the amount of downforce they have

If it would really take a week of work to take a screenshot of a car that they already have a license agreement for and use it for a promotional Twitter/forum post, then the depth of licensing complications is pretty... depressing.
It does. Unless Microsoft have a licensing agreement entirely different to other developers, every new promotional image needs approval.

New aero wings? The community has been asking for new Forza aero for a long time, so it seems like they finally listened and we are getting something besides the generic Forza wing we have had for decades.
You'll get the generic Forza rear aero... on the front of the car 😏

1720531688185.png

Couple of things I unpacked with this post from T10, no mention of a track which I'm not going to jump to conclusions until the overview video comes out but so far to me seems like another month skipped on a track, shocked if true. Then it mentions "new car" not plural which could mean more slow drip of new cars to the game but still curious what this car could be either way(hopefully another LMDh). And then with this update being divided in two I think they ran into a technical issue or have so much crammed in this update it would cause issues downloading, so we will see how this turns out. At least there's some fixes though and updates to a couple of tracks.

Last edited:
I could see them adding a "typical" GT3 or GT4 style rear wing. Having both of those types of wings (with associated aero capabilities) in game would allow adding aero to any road car to be much more appropriate.

Couple of things I unpacked with this post from T10, no mention of a track which I'm not going to jump to conclusions until the overview video comes out but so far to me seems like another month skipped on a track, shocked if true. Then it mentions "new car" not plural which could mean more slow drip of new cars to the game but still curious what this car could be either way. And then with this update being divided in two I think they ran into a technical issue or have so much crammed in this update it would cause issues downloading, so we will see how this turns out. At least there's some fixes though and updates to a couple of tracks.
Talking about that "new car"..

This is the current car list:
1720533065914.png

Why would they show us a picture of an existing Camaro and existing track as part of this update... I'm confused...

Last edited:
Back