Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,344 comments
I agree all the things above make for more interesting races and share frustrations about the missing settings and improper use of the settings the do have to make things more interesting on both the career side and multiplayer side... but again this is kinda part of the struggle that comes with trying to appeal to everyone and having no focus, it means the playerbase is spread out over the sort of "spectrum" of racing game enthusiasts.

We have seen with the endurance series FOMO career thing that people complain about the races being too long, complain about having to pit, complain about having to use different tire compounds, complain about having to race in the rain, complain about the car classes selected, complain when the races aren't an even number of laps so they can just pit exactly at the halfway point, etc.

Sadly, for every 1 player that is willing to step out of their comfort zone and learn how to drive something better or try to understand race strategy or whatever, there are probably 2 (or more) players that just shut the game off because that stuff is "boring" or "bull****" or whatever.

Many (but of course not all) of the players who are actually in it for the racing will find it or make it for themselves, whether in free play, public lobbies, or private lobbies and keep playing and give them their "engagement" hours, but the players who get turned off by that stuff and go play something else, they lose those hours of "engagement" when they go play Call of Battlefield or whatever.

Last edited:
Well, another day of trying this thing where I try maxing out a car or 2 for discounts. I shifted my focus to Porsche as yesterday; I managed to max out my FXX K (it was the highest level Ferrari I had that wasn't at lvl 50 yet). I'm starting with this 968 as it already was at lvl 25 after using it to beat the retro supercar event and finally beat the Builder's Cup.

Also, with Porsches being used for the last 2 races to get the Vantage; I thought trying to get a discount would be a good idea.
Screenshot 2024-09-05 114451.png
Screenshot 2024-09-05 114414.png

The only thing I'll say about this feature of having parts require points to use is that it doesn't affect me too much since I don't like modifying cars unless necessary. Though it does change my approach a bit, I usually buy one car to keep stock and buy a 2nd for modifying. Now, I'm doing that in reverse.

Yes Imho they really don’t use all the option to make race interesting- maybe smaller grid with slower car , career event with multi categories of cars, and make a use of the time of the day and weather variation during the race, offer event with tire and fuel management being actual part of race strategy.

All is already in the game; they just need to craft and implement the events …
A good summary - and good points from everyone @breeminator, @Morbid65 et al.

I suppose I see hints of the variety they could offer, and I'm sure at some point the weather was a bit more variable (or am I gaslighting myself?). I dunno, I'm still having fun with the game on my relatively humble wheel, and I most certainly can feel significant differences not only car to car, but tuned car vs standard. For example, I recently turned a humble 90's MR2 into a complete missile of a thing progressing it through the FOMO class series to win the Pennzoil GTR. By the time I finished R class with it, it was garbage to drive (a combination of far too much power for the chassis and my fairly crap tuning abilities). But it did manage 400km/h and had just enough handling (provided you stayed away from the kerbs, where it would instantly attempt to murder you) to stave off the hypercars in that class.

I think we can all agree that the game probably needed at least another year's development, and probably a clearer vision of what everyone wanted to achieve.

I agree all the things above make for more interesting races and share frustrations about the missing settings and improper use of the settings the do have to make things more interesting on both the career side and multiplayer side... but again this is kinda part of the struggle that comes with trying to appeal to everyone and having no focus, it means the playerbase is spread out over the sort of "spectrum" of racing game enthusiasts.

We have seen with the endurance series FOMO career thing that people complain about the races being too long, complain about having to pit, complain about having to use different tire compounds, complain about having to race in the rain, complain about the car classes selected, complain when the races aren't an even number of laps so they can just pit exactly at the halfway point, etc.
The solution to this is simple - they just have to allow people to choose what they want to do to unlock the FOMO cars. They're going to partly do this by allowing us to unlock them via multiplayer, where you can choose from a range of types of race, but they could also have a variety of types of single player race for people to choose from, just like in FH5 you can do all sorts of different things to get the 20 points for each week's new FOMO car.

The solution to this is simple - they just have to allow people to choose what they want to do to unlock the FOMO cars. They're going to partly do this by allowing us to unlock them via multiplayer, where you can choose from a range of types of race, but they could also have a variety of types of single player race for people to choose from, just like in FH5 you can do all sorts of different things to get the 20 points for each week's new FOMO car.
Yeah I'd be very wary of wishing for a change in the direction of FH5's FOMO system. I swear I must be in the minority here but I find FH5's approach confusing and somewhat overwhelming. At least in FM the process is linear.

To be clear, my explanation of why I find some of the races in GT7 so much more interesting wasn't intended as suggestions for changing the FOMO events in FM. The good races in GT7 aren't in any way suitable as single attempt races, which is what the FOMO races are. Their value is in replayability, they're races that you can enjoy doing tens of times. To me, the FOMO races in FM aren't gameplay, they're just chores you have to get out of the way before you can actually play the game. Except in FM there's nothing else to do, as the entirety of the single player races are exactly the same deathly dull format as the FOMO races. What I'm talking about is the type of races I'd like to see in FM, but not connected to the obtaining of cars - races you'd do because they're enjoyable races to do, so you do them because they make you want to play the game as enjoyable experiences in their own right.

This is why there were complaints about the FOMO endurance races, it's mixing the two things up. Endurance races have replay value when there are strategic options. But when part of a temporary FOMO series, they're designed to just be done once, and strategic options just make them frustrating in that context, as how is anyone going to optimise strategy when the race is only being done once.

To be clear, my explanation of why I find some of the races in GT7 so much more interesting wasn't intended as suggestions for changing the FOMO events in FM. The good races in GT7 aren't in any way suitable as single attempt races, which is what the FOMO races are. Their value is in replayability, they're races that you can enjoy doing tens of times. To me, the FOMO races in FM aren't gameplay, they're just chores you have to get out of the way before you can actually play the game. Except in FM there's nothing else to do, as the entirety of the single player races are exactly the same deathly dull format as the FOMO races. What I'm talking about is the type of races I'd like to see in FM, but not connected to the obtaining of cars - races you'd do because they're enjoyable races to do, so you do them because they make you want to play the game as enjoyable experiences in their own right.

This is why there were complaints about the FOMO endurance races, it's mixing the two things up. Endurance races have replay value when there are strategic options. But when part of a temporary FOMO series, they're designed to just be done once, and strategic options just make them frustrating in that context, as how is anyone going to optimise strategy when the race is only being done once.
There is a pretty handy free play editor where you can tailor any race to your individual tastes, and it seems it's about to expand its options with the upcoming updates (rolling weather). You don't mention that GT7's outrageous prices for cars is a major source of grinding for credits, so you have to keep repeating races. That's gameplay too.

Last edited:
GT7's races have replay value, but they're not quite what I would call the best when most of them are just chasing down the leader car within a few certain laps. The only entertaining parts of that are when there's an endurance mechanic in the race and you have to plan your pitstops. Well that and there's a few races with a chili-pepper icon that actually have fast A.I., but for some reason aren't used in every race.

I should also remind people that GT7 isn't guilt free of its own FOMO, the used car dealership and legends dealerships have fomo mechanics baked in due to the fact they refresh in real-time instead of in-game time like the old games. Probably a result of Sony's meddling.

There is a pretty handy free play editor where you can tailor any race to your individual tastes, and it seems it's about to expand its options with the upcoming updates (rolling weather). You don't mention that GT7's outrageous prices for cars is a major source of grinding for credits, so you have to keep repeating races. That's gameplay too.

GT7's races have replay value, but they're not quite what I would call the best when most of them are just chasing down the leader car within a few certain laps. The only entertaining parts of that are when there's an endurance mechanic in the race and you have to plan your pitstops. Well that and there's a few races with a chili-pepper icon that actually have fast A.I., but for some reason aren't used in every race.

I should also remind people that GT7 isn't guilt free of its own FOMO, the used car dealership and legends dealerships have fomo mechanics baked in due to the fact they refresh in real-time instead of in-game time like the old games. Probably a result of Sony's meddling.
My point isn't that GT7 is better overall, or without fault, rather that it has some elements that could be copied to make FM better, no matter what we might think of other elements. Creating races yourself is never going to be the same as having high quality pre-made races in the game that we can all compare our times for.

But to address some of the points, I'm not sure the need for credits in GT7 is any worse than in FM. When I was playing GT7 I never felt the need to specifically grind for credits, I always had enough credits from just playing the game how I wanted to. The FOMO cars are on a repeating cycle, so can always be obtained at some point, and you can always get new cars when a patch is released. And while I can't drive against it myself, as I'm not buying a PS5 just to play one game, from what I've seen, the Sophy AI is superior to FM's AI.

I just start playing again after stopping 1 month after original launch. I say the game look a lot better from what I remembering. I am happy they taking away limitations for upgrade car, that was very stupid.
This game still have more fixing but it is fun when your race. It need more variety. Career only having racing and no extra.

(sorry my first language is not English)

My point isn't that GT7 is better overall, or without fault, rather that it has some elements that could be copied to make FM better, no matter what we might think of other elements. Creating races yourself is never going to be the same as having high quality pre-made races in the game that we can all compare our times for.
I know your point, but I wanted to give in my 2 cents just in case someone came into GT7 thinking it would be sunshine and rainbows.
But to address some of the points, I'm not sure the need for credits in GT7 is any worse than in FM. When I was playing GT7 I never felt the need to specifically grind for credits, I always had enough credits from just playing the game how I wanted to.
For a lot of cars; the credit payouts serve their purpose fine. Except for the legends cars that get up to 20 million credits.
And while I can't drive against it myself, as I'm not buying a PS5 just to play one game, from what I've seen, the Sophy AI is superior to FM's AI.
They are better, but that doesn't matter as they're only available to race against in arcade mode and only some tracks in the game. My point is that the better A.I. PD has provided is very limited.

Unlocked the 2018 Aston Martin Vantage GTE yesterday and I am so happy! After like 10 years of wanting a Vantage GTE in Forza it' finally here! Maybe not the legendary Vantage GTE that raced from 2012 until 2017 in GTE-Pro, but it's so good to finally see an Aston Martin Vantage GTE in Forza Motorsport :)

It also made me realise how well-represented that last set of GTE/GTLM machinery is now. Fingers crossed the Porsche 911 RSR-19 gets added at some point as well as well as other WEC and IMSA cars like the Toyota TS050, Ligier and Dallara LMP2s and the Mazda and Nissan DPIs for example.

I love the Aston Vantage GTE too except for its turbo sound at low rpms. Sounds like a giant vacuum cleaner that sneezed, it's a weird sound that I hope they fix in a sound update. The AMG C63S has the same sound too, dosent sound right.

But the other day I wad just thinking of the Toyota TS050 too, that needs to fill in a massive hole for late LMP1s and the Alpine A480/ Rebellion R13 wouldn't hurt either.

Last edited:
The endurance era that I miss a lot is GT1.

McLaren F1 GTR, Porsche 911 GT1, Mercedes CLK GTR, Nissan R390 GT1, Aston Martin DBR9, Maserati MC12, Saleen S7R, Corvette C6.R

All have been present in previous Forzas.

Other endurance cars that are always forgotten and IMO they were some of the most spectacular that has ever existed, the last Group C cars.

The Peugeot 905 evo is present, I hope they add any of these:

Jaguar XJR-14, Mercedes C291, Mazda MXR-01, Toyota TS010.

It's the 50th anniversary of Porsche Turbo, but they aren't known for mid engined cars, so I guess nothing from them?

Mid engine month,it could be everything to be honest.

Race car ? I guess they could bring back the Saleen S7R or maybe a Hypercar we dont have yet.

There is a lot car choices turn10 can bring in the game.

It's the 50th anniversary of Porsche Turbo, but they aren't known for mid engined cars, so I guess nothing from them?
Yes its mid engine,so maybe they could bring one porsche in the update,maybe the 911 GT1 race car or the 935 K3

Forza Motorsport Update 12.0 Release Notes – September 9, 2024

Celebrate your favorite mid-engine cars with Forza Motorsport Update 12. Renowned for their exceptional balance, handling and performance, you can unlock two incredible mid-engine cars over the next five weeks, both new-to-Motorsport: the 2023 McLaren Artura and the 2022 Lamborghini Huracán EVO Spyder.

Mid-Engine Month celebrates a new partnership with Jordan. Race the custom 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Jordan Luka 3 Motorsport Edition in the Jordan Luka 3 Motorsport Series and complete its 5 events to win a Jordan Luka 3 Racing Suit.

In addition to the cars and events, we have some exciting features coming with this update: Spectate Mode in Private Multiplayer, Challenge Hub, Forza Race Regulations AI upgrades, and customizable weather options in Free Play and Private Multiplayer.

Challenge Hub

Whether you prefer to race in Career, compete in Featured Multiplayer, or outpace your Rivals, the all-new Challenge Hub presents special objectives and rewards for every player, and you can now earn reward cars in either Career or Featured Multiplayer.

Forza Race Regulations (FRR) Penalty System

Update 12 advances the FRR incident data capture system used to train the AI machine learning model for penalty system accuracy. Data reported after a collision now includes many additional metrics to determine fault and severity, measuring a 300% increase in captured information. Update 12 also includes general improvements to FRR accuracy.

Spectate Mode in Private Multiplayer

Spectate live Private Multiplayer races with new community requested features. Enjoy the race from start to podium and save a replay at the end. Includes a customizable HUD with dynamic Driver List, Track Map, race data Ticker and Driver Data panel with race telemetry. Capture race action from new angles with a controllable Rail Cam and stationary Point of Interest cameras, also available in Replay.

New Weather Options

Additional weather options have been added to Free Play and Private Multiplayer. Set the Start, Mid-Race, and End Race weather types and adjust their probability percentage. Selecting Variable Dry or Variable Wet in the Private Multiplayer or Free Play Advanced event setup menus will expose these new options.

Game Content, Features and Events [All Platforms]
Spectate Mode

Spectate is now available in Private Multiplayer, making it easier for league admins to view and broadcast their official events. This initial version builds upon our previous efforts and includes new features and improvements that have been requested by the community, particularly by tournament and league organizers.

Here’s a look at some of the highlights you can expect when using Spectate to watch or broadcast community races in Private Multiplayer. As Spectate is essentially like a live replay, many of the features and options outlined below are already available as part of our recent update for saved race replays.

Full-Field Dynamic Driver List and Lap Counter – Greatly increases race comprehension, making it easy to select a car to focus on from the driver list. Positions are updated based on scoring type.
Ticker – A dynamic data loop in the Driver List. This can also be locked to show the leader's time, race intervals, position changes, penalty time, or pit stops.
Track Map – Shows all the locations of all the cars on the track map with the ability to zoom and view exact positioning more closely.
Driver Data – Choose to see a race summary of the driver in focus, including car telemetry, comparison to the leader, and damage.
True Race Start / Race End from 3-2-1 to Podium. In Forza Motorsport 7, the live feed in Spectate didn’t begin until several seconds after the race had started, which meant viewers missed much of the Turn 1 excitement. It also ended abruptly when the leader crossed the finish line. In Forza Motorsport, a spectator can watch the entire race from the moment it starts right up until either the final driver crosses the finish line, or the race timer concludes.
Default Spectate Camera – The first time you use Spectate mode, you can decide which camera to use by default at race start. This can be changed at any time in the settings menu under Gameplay & HUD.
New Camera Options – In addition to all the prior cameras available in game, two new camera modes have been added to both Spectate Mode and Race Replays:
Rail Cam – This gives race spectators controls that our cinematics team uses, like FPS camera controls that move with the focus car. The left stick moves the camera forward or backward, left or right around the focus car. Use the right stick to change the camera target left and right or move the camera up and down.
Point of Interest – Stationary cameras focusing on important track segments. Each track has at least 3 points of interest with more available on longer tracks.
Improved Control Panel for much easier access to Spectate and Replay tools.
Customizable HUD – The Spectate and Replay HUD elements are customizable to show as much or as little as you want. This gives you the freedom to prioritize between either a clean camera feed or a detailed, more informative interface.
Minimized Switch Lag – Changing the camera view or car to focus on is much faster than it was in Forza Motorsport 7.
Saving Replay after Spectate – You can save a replay from the Spectate post-race menu to view later. Please note that previous limitations for replay save length still apply and will vary based on factors such as the number of cars on track and the race duration.
Once you have tried the Spectate functionality in Private Multiplayer, we would like to get your input on how it could be made even better. You can share that feedback with us on the Suggestions Hub.

Weather Options

Additional weather options have been added to Free Play and Private Multiplayer. Set the Start, Mid-Race, and End Race weather types and adjust their probability percentage:

Partly Cloudy
Overcast
Cloudy
Looming Clouds
Thunderclouds
Lightning Clouds
Patchy Fog
Thin Fog
Dense Fog
Summer Drizzle
Drizzle
Light Rain
Moderate Rain
Heavy Rain
Rain Thunder
Rain Lightning
Selecting Variable Dry or Variable Wet in the Private Multiplayer or Free Play Advanced event setup menus will expose these new options.

Jordan Luka 3

Car Reward: 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Jordan Luka 3 Motorsport Edition (Gifted upon logging in to Forza Motorsport once Update 12 has been downloaded)
Jordan Luka 3 Motorsport Series (Located under the new Showcase tab in Career)
Event Reward: Jordan Luka 3 Racing Suit (Rewarded upon completion of the Jordan Luka 3 Motorsport Series)
Hakone Art Refresh: A special rendition of Hakone featuring the iconic Jordan brand
Career Events

Showcase Tour: Jordan Luka 3 Motorsport Series (Available from Sept. 11 5pm PT | Sept. 12 12am UTC – Jan. 30 4pm PT / Jan. 31 12am UTC)
Jordan Luka 3 Unexpected Speed
Hakone – Club Circuit (6 laps)
Silverstone – Grand Prix Circuit (2 laps)
Catalunya – Grand Prix Circuit (3 laps)
Yas Marina – Full Circuit (2 laps)
Hakone – Grand Prix Circuit (4 laps)

Featured Tour: Mid-Engine Tour (Available from Sept. 11 5pm PT | Sept. 12 12am UTC – Oct. 30 5pm PT | Oct. 31 12am UTC)
Mid-Engine Muscles (Starts Sept. 11 5pm PT | Sept. 12 12am UTC)
Homestead-Miami Speedway – Road Circuit (5 laps)
Nürburgring – Nordschleife (1 lap)
Laguna Seca – Full Circuit (5 laps)
Road Atlanta (4 laps)
Mid-Engine Legends (Starts Sept. 18 5pm PT | Sept. 19 12am UTC)
Catalunya – National Circuit (5 laps)
Sebring International Raceway (3 laps)
Road America (3 laps)
Hockenheim (4 laps)
Mid-Engine Monsters (Starts Sept. 25 5pm PT | Sept. 26 12am UTC)
Silverstone – International Circuit (6 laps)
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps – Full Circuit (3 laps)
Daytona – Sports Car Circuit (4 laps)
Circuit de la Sarthe – Full Circuit (2 laps)
Mid-Engine Miracles (Starts Oct. 2 5pm PT | Oct. 3 12am UTC)
Hakone – Grand Prix Circuit (5 laps)
Grand Oak – National Circuit (6 laps)
Kyalami – Grand Prix Circuit (4 laps)
Yas Marina – Full Circuit (4 laps)
Reward Showcase (Complete all Mid-Engine Tour series)
Brands Hatch – GP Circuit (6 laps)

Open Class Tour (Available from Sept. 11 5pm PT | Sept. 12 12am UTC – Oct. 16 5pm PT / Oct. 17 12am UTC)
D Class Series
Lime Rock – Full Circuit
Brands Hatch – Indy Circuit
Mugello – Club Circuit
C Class Series
Mid-Ohio – Short Circuit
Nürburgring – GP Circuit
Hakone – Club Reverse Circuit
B Class Series
Silverstone - National Circuit
Brands Hatch – Indy Circuit
Virginia International Raceway – North Circuit
A Class Series
Mugello – Club Circuit
Homestead-Miami Speedway – Road Circuit
Virginia International Raceway – Full Circuit
S Class Series
Hakone – Grand Prix Circuit
Silverstone – Grand Prix Circuit
Road America – Full Circuit
R Class Series
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps – Full Circuit
Brands Hatch – Grand Prix Circuit
Daytona – Sports Car Circuit
Reward Showcase (Complete all Open Tour series)
Mugello – Full Circuit (4 laps)
Reward Cars

Mid-Engine Tour: 2023 McLaren Artura
Open Class Tour: 2022 Lamborghini Huracán EVO Spyder
Spotlight Cars

2019 Ferrari F8 Tributo (Sept. 11 5pm PT | Sept. 12 12am UTC – Sept. 18 5pm PT | Sept. 19 12am UTC)
1993 McLaren F1 (Sept. 18 5pm PT | Sept. 19 12am UTC – Sept. 25 5pm PT | Sept. 26 12am UTC)
2003 Porsche Carrera GT (Sept. 25 5pm PT | Sept. 26 12am UTC – Oct. 2 5pm PT | Oct. 3 12am UTC)
2021 McLaren 765LT Coupe (Oct. 2 5pm PT | Oct. 3 12am UTC – Oct. 9 5pm PT | Oct. 10 12am UTC)
2018 Saleen S1 (Oct. 9 5pm PT | Oct. 10 12am UTC – Oct. 16 5pm PT / Oct. 17 12am UTC)
VIP Discount Cars

2016 Lamborghini Aventador Superveloce (Sept. 11 5pm PT | Sept. 12 12am UTC – Oct. 16 5pm PT | Oct. 17 12am UTC)
2022 Ferrari 296 GTB (Sept. 11 5pm PT | Sept. 12 12am UTC – Sept. 18 5pm PT | Sept. 19 12am UTC)
1993 Jaguar XJ220 (Sept. 18 5pm PT | Sept. 19 12am UTC – Sept. 25 5pm PT | Sept. 26 12am UTC)
1998 Porsche 911 GT1-98 (Sept. 25 5pm PT | Sept. 26 12am UTC – Oct. 2 5pm PT | Oct. 3 12am UTC)
2018 Ferrari FXX-K Evo (Oct. 2 5pm PT | Oct. 3 12am UTC – Oct. 9 5pm PT | Oct. 10 12am UTC)
2018 BMW #1 BMW M Motorsport M8 GTE (Oct. 9 5pm PT | Oct. 10 12am UTC – Oct. 16 5pm PT / Oct. 17 12am UTC)
Multiplayer Events

In Update 12, Featured Multiplayer introduces the Mid-Engine Series featuring different restrictions each week.

For fans of the Raging Bull, the Lamborghini Spec Series lets you compete for the podium in some of the most iconic Lamborghini models from the past decade.

Series / Schedule Changes

Forza GT4 Series now cycles weekly with Forza Touring Car Series (instead of cycling with Forza GT3 Series and Forza GT2 Series)
Formula Mazda Spec Series has been changed to a weekly cycled one-make Spec Series. This will include new one-make series over time, as well as returning favorites, including the Formula Mazda Spec Series.
Endurance Series has been moved to the Spec Events tab.
Mid-Engine Series

Mid-Engine + Production + B Class (Sept. 11 5pm PT | Sept. 12 12am UTC – Sept. 18 5pm PT | Sept. 19 12am UTC)
Mid-Engine + Production + A Class (Sept. 18 5pm PT | Sept. 19 12am UTC – Sept. 25 5pm PT | Sept. 26 12am UTC)
Mid-Engine + Production + S Class (Sept. 25 5pm PT | Sept. 26 12am UTC – Oct. 2 5pm PT | Oct. 3 12am UTC)
Mid-Engine + Production + R Class (Oct. 2 5pm PT | Oct. 3 12am UTC – Oct. 9 5pm PT | Oct. 10 12am UTC)
Mid-Engine + Production + P Class (Oct. 9 5pm PT | Oct. 10 12am UTC – Oct. 16 5pm PT / Oct. 17 12am UTC)
Featured Series

Lamborghini Spec Series (Sept. 11 5pm PT | Sept. 12 12am UTC – Sept. 18 5pm PT | Sept. 19 12am UTC)
Prototype Group Racing Series (Sept. 18 5pm PT | Sept. 19 12am UTC – Sept. 25 5pm PT | Sept. 26 12am UTC)
Forza P1 Series (Sept. 25 5pm PT | Sept. 26 12am UTC – Oct. 2 5pm PT | Oct. 3 12am UTC)
Modern Factory Racecar Series (Oct. 2 5pm PT | Oct. 3 12am UTC – Oct. 9 5pm PT | Oct. 10 12am UTC)
Formula 60s Series (Oct. 9 5pm PT | Oct. 10 12am UTC – Oct. 16 5pm PT / Oct. 17 12am UTC)
Spec Series

Lotus 3-Eleven Spec Series (Sept. 11 5pm PT | Sept. 12 12am UTC – Sept. 18 5pm PT | Sept. 19 12am UTC)
Subaru BRZ Spec Series (Sept. 18 5pm PT | Sept. 19 12am UTC – Sept. 25 5pm PT | Sept. 26 12am UTC)
Mazda Miata Spec Series (Sept. 25 5pm PT | Sept. 26 12am UTC – Oct. 2 5pm PT | Oct. 3 12am UTC)
VW Golf GTI Spec Series (Oct. 2 5pm PT | Oct. 3 12am UTC – Oct. 9 5pm PT | Oct. 10 12am UTC)
BMW M Procar Spec Series (Oct. 9 5pm PT | Oct. 10 12am UTC – Oct. 16 5pm PT / Oct. 17 12am UTC)
Forza GT Series

Forza GT3 Spec Series (Sept. 11 5pm PT | Sept. 12 12am UTC – Sept. 18 5pm PT | Sept. 19 12am UTC)
Forza GT2 Spec Series (Sept. 18 5pm PT | Sept. 19 12am UTC – Sept. 25 5pm PT | Sept. 26 12am UTC)
Forza GT3 Spec Series (Sept. 25 5pm PT | Sept. 26 12am UTC – Oct. 2 5pm PT | Oct. 3 12am UTC)
Forza GT2 Spec Series (Oct. 2 5pm PT | Oct. 3 12am UTC – Oct. 9 5pm PT | Oct. 10 12am UTC)
Forza GT3 Spec Series (Oct. 9 5pm PT | Oct. 10 12am UTC – Oct. 16 5pm PT / Oct. 17 12am UTC)
Forza Touring Car and Forza GT4 Spec Series

Forza Touring Car Spec Series (Sept. 11 5pm PT | Sept. 12 12am UTC – Sept. 18 5pm PT | Sept. 19 12am UTC)
Forza GT4 Spec Series (Sept. 18 5pm PT | Sept. 19 12am UTC – Sept. 25 5pm PT | Sept. 26 12am UTC)
Forza Touring Car Spec Series (Sept. 25 5pm PT | Sept. 26 12am UTC – Oct. 2 5pm PT | Oct. 3 12am UTC)
Forza GT4 Spec Series (Oct. 2 5pm PT | Oct. 3 12am UTC – Oct. 9 5pm PT | Oct. 10 12am UTC)
Forza Touring Car Spec Series (Oct. 9 5pm PT | Oct. 10 12am UTC – Oct. 16 5pm PT / Oct. 17 12am UTC)
Open Series

A Class Series, D Class Series and X Class Series (Sept. 11 5pm PT | Sept. 12 12am UTC – Sept. 18 5pm PT | Sept. 19 12am UTC)
B Class Series, R Class Series and E Class Series (Sept. 18 5pm PT | Sept. 19 12am UTC – Sept. 25 5pm PT | Sept. 26 12am UTC)
S Class Series, C Class Series and P Class Series (Sept. 25 5pm PT | Sept. 26 12am UTC – Oct. 2 5pm PT | Oct. 3 12am UTC)
A Class Series, D Class Series and X Class Series (Oct. 2 5pm PT | Oct. 3 12am UTC – Oct. 9 5pm PT | Oct. 10 12am UTC)
B Class Series, R Class Series and E Class Series (Oct. 9 5pm PT | Oct. 10 12am UTC – Oct. 16 5pm PT / Oct. 17 12am UTC)
Spotlight Series

2019 Ferrari F8 Tributo (Sept. 11 5pm PT | Sept. 12 12am UTC – Sept. 18 5pm PT | Sept. 19 12am UTC)
1993 McLaren F1 (Sept. 18 5pm PT | Sept. 19 12am UTC – Sept. 25 5pm PT | Sept. 26 12am UTC)
2003 Porsche Carrera GT (Sept. 25 5pm PT | Sept. 26 12am UTC – Oct. 2 5pm PT | Oct. 3 12am UTC)
2021 McLaren 765LT Coupe (Oct. 2 5pm PT | Oct. 3 12am UTC – Oct. 9 5pm PT | Oct. 10 12am UTC)
2018 Saleen S1 (Oct. 9 5pm PT | Oct. 10 12am UTC – Oct. 16 5pm PT / Oct. 17 12am UTC)
Rivals Events

Spec Division: Forza GT3 – Any Forza GT3 Car – Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (Sept. 11 5pm PT | Sept. 12 12am UTC – Oct. 16 5pm PT | Oct. 17 12am UTC)
VIP: Superveloce Speed – 2016 Lamborghini Aventador Superveloce – Yas Marina (Sept. 11 5pm PT | Sept. 12 12am UTC – Oct. 16 5pm PT | Oct. 17 12am UTC)
eRacing Association Alpha Cup II – 2023 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 – Daytona International Speedway – Sports Car Course (Sept. 11 5pm PT | Sept. 12 12am UTC – Sept. 25 5pm PT | Sept. 26 12am UTC)
Logitech G Challenge Qualifier Bonus Stage – 1988 McLaren #12 Honda McLaren MP4/4 – Maple Valley – Full Circuit (Sept. 11 5pm PT | Sept. 12 12am UTC – Sept. 25 5pm PT | Sept. 26 12am UTC)
Race Mobil 1 Pro Driver: Jenson Button* – 1971 Lotus Elan Sprint – Maple Valley – Short Circuit (Sept. 25 5pm PT | Sept. 26 12am UTC – Oct. 9 5pm PT | Oct. 10 12am UTC)
Spotlight: Ferrari – 2019 Ferrari F8 Tributo – Laguna Seca (Sept. 11 5pm PT | Sept. 12 12am UTC – Sept. 18 5pm PT | Sept. 19 12am UTC)
Spotlight: McLaren – 1993 McLaren F1 – Kyalami (Sept. 18 5pm PT | Sept. 19 12am UTC – Sept. 25 5pm PT | Sept. 26 12am UTC)
Spotlight: Porsche – 2003 Porsche Carrera GT – Nordschleife (Sept. 25 5pm PT | Sept. 26 12am UTC – Oct. 2 5pm PT | Oct. 3 12am UTC)
Spotlight: McLaren – 2021 McLaren 765LT Coupe – Watkins Glen (Oct. 2 5pm PT | Oct. 3 12am UTC – Oct. 9 5pm PT | Oct. 10 12am UTC)
Spotlight: Saleen – 2018 Saleen S1 – Road America (Oct. 9 5pm PT | Oct. 10 12am UTC – Oct. 16 5pm PT / Oct. 17 12am UTC)
*Finish in the top 50% in the Race Mobil 1 Pro Driver: Jenson Button leaderboard to get the Mobil 1 50th Anniversary Driver Suit, which will be gifted to all qualifying players with the release of Update 13 in mid-October.

Challenge Hub

Featured Challenges

Mid-Engine Challenge (Sept. 11 5pm PT | Sept. 12 12am UTC – Oct. 23 5pm PT | Oct. 24 12am UTC)
Complete all series in the Mid-Engine Tour OR Complete 10 races in the Mid-Engine Series in Featured Multiplayer
Reward: 2023 McLaren Artura
Open Class Challenge (Sept. 11 5pm PT | Sept. 12 12am UTC – Oct. 16 5pm PT | Oct. 17 12am UTC)
Complete all series in the Open Class Tour OR Complete 10 Open Event races in Featured Multiplayer
Reward: 2022 Lamborghini Huracán EVO Spyder
Jordan Luka 3 Challenge
Complete the Jordan Luka 3 Motorsport Series in Career
Reward: Jordan Luka 3 Racing Suit
Down to Earth
Complete 4 races in Career OR Complete 4 races in the Forza Touring Car Series in Featured Multiplayer
Reward: Liquid Earth Driver Suit
Heating Up
Complete 12 Laps in the Spec Division - Forza GT3 Rivals Event OR Complete 4 races in the Multi-Class Series in Featured Multiplayer
Reward: Molten Driver Suit
Logitech McLaren G Challenge
Complete a lap in the “Logitech McLaren G Challenge Bonus Stage” Rivals Event
Reward: Logitech Driver Suit
Weekly Challenges

Sept.11 5:00 PM PT – Sept. 18 5:00 PM PT | Sept.12 12:00 AM UTC – Sept. 19 12:00 AM UTC:

Spotlight Challenge
Complete 20 laps in the 2020 Ferrari F8 Tributo
Reward: 25,000 Credits
Weekly Skills Challenge
Complete a race 5 positions ahead of where you started
Reward: 10,000 Credits
Weekly Safety Challenge
Complete 5 races without receiving an FRR Penalty in Featured Multiplayer
Weekly Rivals Challenge
Beat a rival in the weekly Spotlight Rivals Event
Sept.18 5:00 PM PT – Sept. 25 5:00 PM PT | Sept.19 12:00 AM UTC – Sept. 26 12:00 AM UTC:

Spotlight Challenge
Complete a race in this week’s Spotlight Featured Multiplayer Event
Weekly Skills Challenge
Get on the Podium in any Featured Multiplayer race OR Get on the Podium 3 times in Career races
Weekly Safety Challenge
Weekly Rivals Challenge
Sept. 25 5:00 PM PT – Oct. 2 5:00 PM PT | Sept. 26 12:00 AM UTC – Oct. 3 12:00 AM UTC:

Spotlight Challenge
Complete 5 clean laps in the 2003 Porsche Carrera GT
Weekly Skills Challenge
Complete a race 5 positions ahead of where you started on the grid
Weekly Safety Challenge
Weekly Rivals Challenge
Oct. 2 5:00 PM PT – Oct. 9 5:00 PM PT | Oct. 3 12:00 AM UTC – Oct. 10 12:00 AM UTC:

Spotlight Challenge
Reach Car Level 5 in the 2021 McLaren 765LT
Weekly Skills Challenge
Get on the Podium in any Career Event
Weekly Safety Challenge
Weekly Rivals Challenge
Oct. 9 5:00 PM PT – Oct. 16 5:00 PM PT | Oct.10 12:00 AM UTC – Oct. 17 12:00 AM UTC:

Spotlight Challenge
Complete 10 laps in the 2018 Saleen S1
Weekly Skills Challenge
Complete a race 5 positions ahead of where you started
Weekly Safety Challenge
Weekly Rivals Challenge
Bug Fixes and Improvements
Stability and Performance [All Platforms]

Fixed an issue with the system initialization order. [1783374]
Fixed an issue where the game crashes when a photo or replay is selected to be viewed. [1835457]
Fixed a crash that would occur when changing the tune type of a car, for example when using a pre-tuned car in a spec-based Featured Multiplayer series and then using that same car in another game mode. [1812611]
Fixed a crash that could occur when selecting an unowned DLC car in Buy Cars and going to the purchase options scene. [1752709]
Players will now receive a "Not Enough Space" error when their downloaded UGC exceeds the allocated cache space on their device for each UGC type. [1667962]
Rendering [All Platforms]

Improved track streaming for rolling starts. [1766291]
Fixed a bug in our LOD system that was skipping the ghost depth pre pass and allowed you to see into an opponent’s. [1821575]
Fixed an issue with visible artifacts in car tire smoke when using Performance RT render mode on Xbox Series X consoles. [1803875]
Addressed a bug that causes car focus in Photo Mode to not work correctly when NVIDIA DLSS is enabled on PC. [1792228]
Fixed a crash in the ray tracing update model. [1599818]
Memory and system improvements for PCs that support GPU upload heaps. [1817888]
Gameplay [All Platforms]

Rivals events now set the default Fuel & Tire setup to minimum Fuel Load to lower vehicle weight (for all cars) and automatically equip Soft tires for maximum grip if player car is currently equipped with "Race" tires. As before, fuel use and tire wear are not simulated in Rivals. [1541490]
Fixed an issue in Rivals where the Fuel Load slider did not apply the correct amount of fuel to the car and did not properly affect vehicle weight. [1670363]
Fixed rival ghost popping in-and-out after the first lap of a Rivals event. Please note that the rival ghost may still take a bit of time to pop in. [1820890]
Fixed an issue where TCS driving assists were behaving unexpectedly. [1830513]
Fixed an issue where car upgrades may be removed when entering the car selection menu for a race with Class restrictions. [1823348]
Multiplayer [All Platforms]

Fixed an issue where some players could not see each other's cars during Qualifying. [1792979]
Added staggered Start HUD improvements for Multi-Class Races that utilize it.
The tire wear scalar for Multi-Class Series has decreased from 6x to 4x. [Enabled via recent server-side change]
The tire wear scalar for all ‘Long’ events has decreased from 6x to 4x. [Enabled via recent server-side change]
2019 Porsche #70 Porsche Motorsport 935 has been removed from the Forza GT3 Series and added to the Modern Factory Racecar Series. [1833337]
General voice over lines have been added for distance-based penalties and end of race callouts. [1768433]
Fixed an issue where ineligible cars could be utilized in the Vintage Le Mans Sportscar group in Endurance Series. [1866684]
Race settings now properly reset when loading saved presets in Private Multiplayer. [1832334]
Livery Editor [All Platforms]

Fixed a crash that could occur when backing out of the livery group selection scene. [1840934, 1842840]
The game no longer crashes when switching tabs by selecting tab items directly using mouse input in Find Designs scene. [1822723]
Fixed an issue where the incorrect vinyl would be chosen when selecting a vinyl to apply to the design. [1784021]
Fixed an issue with the loading spinner animation appearing after sharing a livery. [1830407]
Unsaved changes popup should no longer appear when selecting a new livery group and moving it or resizing it but not placing it. [1793043]
UI [All Platforms]

Fixed an issue where the Color tab names were missing when buying a car. [1822179]
Star icon for host designation now properly appears next to the host in the pre-race menu during Private Multiplayer events. [1820394]
Fixed the game flow after downloading and saving tunes. Players will no longer get kicked out to the Setup Manager. [1830333]
Fixed an issue where a "Controller Disconnected" popup would be shown when using a wheel controller and inviting friends to Private Multiplayer, naming liveries or viewing Gamercards. [1817796]
Fixed an issue where the vibration scale for wheels was greyed out. [1789472]
Fixed an issue where voiceover subtitles do not disappear after skipping an intro cinematic, ending practice, exiting a race, and returning to the Main Menu. [1784066]
Fixed an issue where resetting the Free Play Advanced Event Setup to default will set the Drivatar Designs setting to On. [1745022]
Fixed an issue where backing out of a Career race from the Upgrade & Tune menu will lock the My Cars menu to only display cars available from the previous Career race. [1751550]
Fixed an issue where the Delete button did not function as expected for saved photos and replays. [1826936]
Drivatar AI [All Platforms]

Fixed an issue where AI would move laterally into the player when driving alongside them on a straight. [1812911]
Fixed an issue where the AI would struggle to stay on course after the use of Rewind. [1805201]
Fixed an issue where some cars would unexpectedly swerve just after the race had started. [1824231]
Fixed an issue where some high-powered AI cars were struggling to enter the pit lane smoothly. [1832342]
Cars [All Platforms]

Fixed a low-quality texture issue on the 2017 Bentley Continental Supersports. [1673668]
Fixed an issue with the 1973 BMW 2002 Turbo where the Gauges and HUD were out of sync. [1686273]
Remove wing option now correctly removes the wing from the 2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type-A. [1686900]
Fixed an issue with the 2014 Audi #2 Audi Team Joest R18 e-tron quattro where wipers and raindrops were out of sync. [1724978]
Fixed an issue where the livery was missing parts from the 2017 BMW #24 BMW Team RLL M6 GTLM model. [1786681]
Accessibility [All Platforms]

Improved Screen Narration while selecting options for tires, fuel, and repairs during pit stops. [1775427]
In multi-class race results, we have added Group numbers to Screen Narration. [1803306]
Screen Narrator now narrates each vinyl shape in the Livery Editor’s Vinyl Select scene. [1389297]
Fixed an issue where the numbering of items in the decal selection scene were incorrectly read out by the Screen Narrator [1828195]
Audio [All Platforms]

Updated all audio related to distance and environmental sounds for saved race replays and to support the release of Spectate mode. With these changes, both races and replays will sound better and more consistent:
Improved distance model.
Improved environmental audio (reverb and sound reflections) on all tracks.
Improved audio support for new Replay and Spectate cameras.
Fixed a bug where audio was not attenuating correctly when pitting.
Known Issues [All Platforms]

We’re aware of the following bug in Update 12 and plan to have a fix available for it in mid-October as part of Update 13:

Logitech wheel RPM LEDs are not working consistently. [1862191]

Back