Forza Motorsport Update 10: Proximity Radar, Forza GT Splits, Nemesis Tour, and More

I've been a dedicated player since Forza 3..
The things that I'm angry about are two things:
  • The BoP.. Some cars have ridiculous performance out of slow corners. Making alot of the races a one-make thing.
  • The lack of content. The championship is too short. There's noting to do for a single player in the game!

Everything else is just semantics

This is the GT5 of Forza games

Last edited:
I've been a dedicated player since Forza 3..
The things that I'm angry about are two things:
  • The BoP.. Some cars have ridiculous performance out of slow corners. Making alot of the races a one-make thing.
  • The lack of content. The championship is too short. There's noting to do for a single player in the game!

Everything else is just semantics

This is the GT5 of Forza games

Couldn't agree more... I just want my IndyCars back!!!

The Fomo effect of the game annoys me.
At first I fell for it because I didn't want to miss out on the cars, as at the moment at least that's the only way to get them.
I also didn't want to miss out on the cool races.

But there's a lot more going on in my life and so it came as it had to, I've already missed a few of the cars... and that has turned my motivation extremely negative.
I hope to get out of the hole I'm in soon and find some motivation to play Forza again.
Because after all the updates it got a lot better than in the first days.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

Same here about the fomo crap, I really don't like how the studio doesn't respond to the criticism from long-time series fans and just keeps introducing timed events and focusing on multiplayer. I've already stopped playing a while back, but it's still on my ssd, hoping that Turn 10 will change their approach to post-launch support.

I'm a little confused at the reactions... I also don't like the FOMO tours, but I just basically skip them. Instead you can just use Free Play and drive whatever you want against the AI in solo play.

Looking back at the career modes of my last 2 Forza Motorsport games (FM4 and FM7), they both had large career modes, but even so it was only around 60 hours of gameplay before you'd finished the career and had to switch to racing Free Play in those games.

So what exactly do you want from single player tours? Is it simply more curation of interesting cars and tracks combinations? Is it more reward cars (those do come with the FOMO)? Or is the entire issue around FOMO locking out specific reward cars and hating that, but blaming the entire single player system instead of the FOMO system?

I'm a little confused at the reactions... I also don't like the FOMO tours, but I just basically skip them. Instead you can just use Free Play and drive whatever you want against the AI in solo play.

Looking back at the career modes of my last 2 Forza Motorsport games (FM4 and FM7), they both had large career modes, but even so it was only around 60 hours of gameplay before you'd finished the career and had to switch to racing Free Play in those games.

So what exactly do you want from single player tours? Is it simply more curation of interesting cars and tracks combinations? Is it more reward cars (those do come with the FOMO)? Or is the entire issue around FOMO locking out specific reward cars and hating that, but blaming the entire single player system instead of the FOMO system?
Proper career mode, man.

For me, there are two points that "bother" or block me.
Firstly, I can't understand why the cars on the tours can't simply be bought?
and the other is the absolute lack of understanding as to why the tours can't simply remain permanent - that wouldn't harm anyone.
But this way I feel stressed about doing the tours. This gives the whole thing a compulsion which for me really reduces the fun of the game.

The free play argument is all well and good, but I personally don't like it. But it wouldn't be bad because I think the rival thing is great, for example. But the whole FOMO mechanic forces me (yes I know I could just leave it alone) to do without it unnecessarily in order to complete the tours in time.

Of course you can say 5 weeks or even 6 should be enough, but if you have a family and also want to play one or two games, it's going to be tight.

They.. stopped making these new cars available all the time? I think I remember some of the update cars staying available even after their updates, or maybe it was just after their event but still the same update? Hate Horizon for that, 5 even more so, because in 4 at least you had many new cars available as prizes for a single championship, and they kept adding more ways to get hard-to-find cars, how's it working now in Mot8sport?

Also, Forza and GT really seem like they be battling out on car roster sometimes, that classic Renault from Horizon 5 and in an update to GT7, now this Lancer III..

They.. stopped making these new cars available all the time? I think I remember some of the update cars staying available even after their updates, or maybe it was just after their event but still the same update? Hate Horizon for that, 5 even more so, because in 4 at least you had many new cars available as prizes for a single championship, and they kept adding more ways to get hard-to-find cars, how's it working now in Mot8sport?

Also, Forza and GT really seem like they be battling out on car roster sometimes, that classic Renault from Horizon 5 and in an update to GT7, now this Lancer III..
Two cars in each update are marked as "reward cars" and can be obtained for limited time (ca. 4 weeks) only by completing thematic career mode events (usually 16 races per car). The remaining cars are permanently added to the showroom and can be bought anytime (it applies to Lancer Evo III).

So I think it's a much better system than the one used in FH5 where nearly every new (or recycled) car is available only for one week and then goes missing for many months. However, the issue with Forza Motorsport lies in the fact that, at the moment, we don't know when can we expect to get another opportunity to obtain those reward cars. So that FOMO factor is still annoying :)

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back