Free “My First Gran Turismo” Demo Coming Later This Year

• Thread starter Famine
  • 196 comments
It’s funny how I posted about missing the PlayStation magazine and GT demos and PlayStation are releasing a GT demo.

Looking at the current Free Racing demos available in the PlayStation Store I’m sure Gran Turismo will be a hit. ;)
IMG_5162.png

I really hope its an upscaled classic GT. Just so some of these old head can take off their rose-tinted-nostalgia glass and move on.
A lot of old heads still play the older games and find them more enjoyable today

Are you supposing that this demo will have content that will not be included in GT7, so if you want to use a track in the demo it won't be driveable in GT7, only in the trial demo?

If so, that sounds terrible and very frustrating for GT7 players.
I was responding to swishbone complaining about the "lack of content" in GT7, but I don't see how us, and everyone else, getting a free playable demo can be frustrating.

If it's pulling resources from GT7 I can see where you're coming from, but even if it is I don't think any of us will ever know if that's the case.

If we don't get an update for a few months then we might have precedence to gripe.

1) Ok. Still a lot of content for the investment.

2) It isn't a primarily online game, but online content makes for fresh gaming options in perpetuity.

3) Compared with 4 it is lacking in number of races, compared to all the others not so much. Let's not forget best-in-business photorealistic models and tracks, a deep physics model that previous entries can't even come close to (even though it still needs work), VR support etc. etc..

The shortcomings are more than made up for in other areas. And if you're lacking in the races you desire, you have myriad options to make your own through custom races.

And let's not forget that we're in a thread about a free demo with more content... for free.

You're more than welcome to be sad about it though.

1) I disagree, a lot of tye features added are unwanted coupled with horrifically grindy gameplay

2) it is very much online focused, Sport mode, weekly trials, daily races.

3) from information posted elsewhere it is only close to GT1 in terms of low race. Photo realistic models, who cares? The gameplay is below par, what does it matter if it looks nice? VR support, seriously, who cares? It is not available on anything but PS5 and almost no one plays it that way. Deep physics model? Is that why people have stopped playing due to problems with peripheral support?

Free demo, for free, eh? Watch it require PS+, meaning, not free

1) I disagree, a lot of tye features added are unwanted coupled with horrifically grindy gameplay

2) it is very much online focused, Sport mode, weekly trials, daily races.

3) from information posted elsewhere it is only close to GT1 in terms of low race. Photo realistic models, who cares? The gameplay is below par, what does it matter if it looks nice? VR support, seriously, who cares? It is not available on anything but PS5 and almost no one plays it that way. Deep physics model? Is that why people have stopped playing due to problems with peripheral support?

Free demo, for free, eh? Watch it require PS+, meaning, not free
1) Such as? I'll give you music rally.

2) Online focused? What about the 300 or so single player races, and all the license tests and missions with hour long endurance races? Most games become "online focused" when you've completed the 100+ hours of single player content. How much is enough?

3) If you don't care about the love and attention pored into making GT7 the most realistic and beautiful looking car focused game, and also the most successful (they only defined a genre and have literally influenced entire real life markets), then you've just lost the plot.

The gameplay is "below par"... says who? Based on what? Because ACC and iRacing have better physics models? Good luck playing either of those in a lasting single player campaign.

VR support, while lacking, is a literal game changer. If you haven't tried it you have no basis to judge, and if you had tried it, you'd likely not discount it as "who cares". Yeah, PS5 only, but the game should have been a PS5 exclusive anyway.

The people that have stopped playing it also have a lot of time in the game, and often stop playing it because of things I've already gone over. I don't know of anyone who stopped using VR because of a lack of support for the set itself. We want more, but that doesn't change it being an amazing bit of kit.

The article only mentions the demo being "free". PS plus will likely not be a requirement... moot point... just another complaint without merit about free content of all things.

We're in game valhalla, and the more we have the more people seem to put a lot of energy into complaining. As someone who grew up with games and knows where we've come from it's kinda ridiculous.

At the end of the day I'm sure Forza or some other game has what you're looking for... oh wait...

I hope the demo will gift players a car with a special livery (à la the movie GT-R or the recent Time Attack AMG GT3) that they can then transfer to their GT7 save file if they play GT7 in the future/are already a GT7 player. This would incentivise new and existing players alike to really work through the entirety of the demo.

Or, more realistically, going by their past antics, I can see them including in the demo a new car yet to debut in GT7 that they'll only release on GT7 on late January 2025.

Or we could just get Music Rally and nothing else in the demo. It's PD; I'm not expecting much.

Maybe it will entice the fashionistas and include more matching outfits with helmets, suits, and car styles matched like the Dior Mangusta

1) Such as? I'll give you music rally.

2) Online focused? What about the 300 or so single player races, and all the license tests and missions with hour long endurance races? Most games become "online focused" when you've completed the 100+ hours of single player content. How much is enough?

3) If you don't care about the love and attention pored into making GT7 the most realistic and beautiful looking car focused game, and also the most successful (they only defined a genre and have literally influenced entire real life markets), then you've just lost the plot.

The gameplay is "below par"... says who? Based on what? Because ACC and iRacing have better physics models? Good luck playing either of those in a lasting single player campaign.

VR support, while lacking, is a literal game changer. If you haven't tried it you have no basis to judge, and if you had tried it, you'd likely not discount it as "who cares". Yeah, PS5 only, but the game should have been a PS5 exclusive anyway.

The people that have stopped playing it also have a lot of time in the game, and often stop playing it because of things I've already gone over. I don't know of anyone who stopped using VR because of a lack of support for the set itself. We want more, but that doesn't change it being an amazing bit of kit.

The article only mentions the demo being "free". PS plus will likely not be a requirement... moot point... just another complaint without merit about free content of all things.

We're in game valhalla, and the more we have the more people seem to put a lot of energy into complaining. As someone who grew up with games and knows where we've come from it's kinda ridiculous.

At the end of the day I'm sure Forza or some other game has what you're looking for... oh wait...

You say that with this title - the one with invite RNG locked content, FOMO exploiting limited content, real-world price fluctuating indexed content, missing endurance content (1 hour? Endurance? PFFT!!! GT4 and Grid had 24 hour endurance), microtransactions & crap AI - "we're
in game valhalla" and you have the effrontery, the bare-faced cheek to say I've lost the plot?

I think you need to put down the copium mein freund

Also "grew up with games", dude, I was gaming on a BBC Micro at one point, don't act so pretentious

Last edited:
What I want. Three new tracks and 16 new cars.
What I'll get. Three tracks and 16 cars from GT7.

This would have made sense when the movie was releasing.

As it stands now it makes me wonder how bad the management situation is at Sony and by extension pd. Specifically, it feels as if they are listening too much to the marketing/accounting types.

Personally, actually finishing the physics update, as well as fixing the ffb across wheels(wicked oscillating on the ddX at high speeds). Additionally, supporting full force, and cleaning up true force, would be priorities prior to going out to try picking up new blood.

Corporate people 🤷‍♂️

This would have made sense when the movie was releasing.

As it stands now it makes me wonder how bad the management situation is at Sony and by extension pd. Specifically, it feels as if they are listening too much to the marketing/accounting types.

Personally, actually finishing the physics update, as well as fixing the ffb across wheels(wicked oscillating on the ddX at high speeds). Additionally, supporting full force, and cleaning up true force, would be priorities prior to going out to try picking up new blood.

Corporate people 🤷‍♂️
Not sure who's listening and relishing the confirmation bias to whom in whatever echo chambers 🎧, but the decision makers seem to ensure mediocrity to misery ⛓️, which is no surprise with the 'market place of ideas' that punish critical analysis and worship gossip. 🤷‍♀️ More and more releases are abysmal and talent is bleeding out from incompetent bean counters with studio after studio lay offs for years now 🤡.

Yet there are fantastic examples of great leadership and success, Star Citizen, iRacing, BeamNG/Automation, etc 🥇. It's mind blowing that we escaped having to grovel for shelf space and moved to infinite and unlimited unshelved space and an entirely new model for creation, distribution, updates with self publishing models, and hyper scaled best practice design patterns freely available in democratized troves of knowledge 🌄 and somehow fintech cap types can't stop repeating themselves and getting fools to buy into the self enslavement, and ensured listening and following of those with no clue to what quality or vision is 🍟. Alghieri weeps 😿 at such purgatorio 🔥.

What I want. Three new tracks and 16 new cars.
What I'll get. Three tracks and 16 cars from GT7.
Care to explain this outlook, which you seemingly share with quite a few people?

I’d be beyond annoyed if PD gave me incentives (new cars etc.) to download a demo for a game I already own.

It's genuinely amazing that we've now gone five pages and the meaning of this MFGT thing - made, as GT is the PlayStation's #1 all-time best-selling title franchise, to mark the console's 30th anniversary - is that Polyphony Digital is bad and incompetent and somehow a year late...

... with no further information than a four-line blurb and a picture.

Anyway, I'm not thinking "My First" when I see "MF" GT...

1725718537934.png

Last edited:
Care to explain this outlook, which you seemingly share with quite a few people?

I’d be beyond annoyed if PD gave me incentives (new cars etc.) to download a demo for a game I already own.
Pessimism. Based on PD output. Simple really.

You say that with this title - the one with invite RNG locked content, FOMO exploiting limited content, real-world price fluctuating indexed content, missing endurance content (1 hour? Endurance? PFFT!!! GT4 and Grid had 24 hour endurance), microtransactions & crap AI - "we're
in game valhalla" and you have the effrontery, the bare-faced cheek to say I've lost the plot?

I think you need to put down the copium mein freund

Also "grew up with games", dude, I was gaming on a BBC Micro at one point, don't act so pretentious
Yep... that's what I'm saying. And car invites, pricing and the microtransactions that were never necessary and never used doesn't change that. A game doesn't have to be absolute perfection... It can be great with it's flaws, but saying it's "bereft of content" is disingenuous and insane. Your hyperbolic nonsense gets you nowhere with rational people.

If you think that real-time 24hr races makes or breaks it then you might be a masochist. What game is giving you that with all your offline content by the way? None.

And we are in game valhalla. That is more of a general comment on the gaming world as a whole, GT included. The crazy part, still, is that games offer hundreds of hours of content, often free, giving us experiences we couldn't have imagined a couple decades ago... but eeyores on the internet still see fit to tear the world apart because of the little things.

Can't see the forest for the trees.

As well as fixing the ffb across wheels(wicked oscillating on the ddX at high speeds). Additionally, supporting full force, and cleaning up true force, would be priorities prior to going out to try picking up new blood.

Corporate people 🤷‍♂️
How much do FFB wheel players weigh compared to all players? And to all potential players?

That's because you are not the target audience for that demo (because you already own it)

I am expecting a cut-down version of the game to appeal to people who have never played it. I am not expecting there to be much for existing players, except perhaps for those of us who are completists.

"My first Gran Turismo" seems not to be aimed at folks who are on their seventh or eighth GT .... Maybe some nostalgia Easter eggs to raise a smile or two.

That's because you are not the target audience for that demo (because you already own it)
If someone does not already own the game, why would it be important to the person that the tracks and cars in the demo aren’t already in GT7? It shouldn’t matter.

How much do FFB wheel players weigh compared to all players? And to all potential players?
Well..to be frank i have a theory that the ffb and physics issues are linked. The point is, have your house in decent order before trying to appeal to new people. Also, while I appreciate the ddX being unnerfed it would be great if they finished the job with the physics upgrade. Which, by the way, i largely really like and feel it was needed. Crazy oscillations aside, the ddX is good as its been yet and im really enjoying it…just can’t go into 6th gear on a gr2 without the wheel oscillating so hard the ear buds from psvr2 fall out. Its cool when the wheel’s turning, straight at high speeds a trip though.

Anyway, apologies for that rabbit hole. To answer your question: most people i know aren’t really into console gaming, but because motorsports mentions it a lot, know about sim racing. Dropping people into my fanatec ddX with psvr2 and telling them to not think about a game, and just drive, has blown minds and sold wheels and consoles.

Also, the controller experience in gt7 is clearly head and shoulders above any other driving game on either console. So thats pretty stitched up.

Back