FS: rare sales!

• Thread starter exigeracer
  • 2,084 comments
1723252693063.gif

Be interesting to see what it goes for since it seems be another car that's very difficult to find a home for.

An article from Magneto Magazine was written about it last year, stating it had 35 miles on it at the time & was being offered by Maxted-Page Limited (who specialize in historic racing Porsches; they've had some incredible 90's/2000's racing Porsches). It looks like Kidston took ownership of the car around January, which would explain why it's at least gained some extra miles. They're usually very good about moving their inventory quickly as their cars have desirable histories behind them, so I imagine 8 months later, they're ready to offload this 962CR.

Last edited:
Be interesting to see what it goes for since it seems be another car that's very difficult to find a home for.

An article from Magneto Magazine was written about it last year, stating it had 35 miles on it at the time & was being offered by Maxted-Page Limited (who specialize in historic racing Porsches; they've had some incredible 90's/2000's racing Porsches). It looks like Kidston took ownership of the car around January, which would explain why it's at least gained some extra miles. They're usually very good about moving their inventory quickly as their cars have desirable histories behind them, so I imagine 8 months later, they're ready to offload this 962CR.
I follow Simon Kidston on Insta and he has been driving it arround a fair bit, no doubt to drum up some clicks and likes to build interest in it. Its apparently surprisingly docile on the road. At regular road speeds at least.

RM Sotheby's auctions will be offering both a CLK-GTR and a CLK-GTR Roadster for a combined estimated $18,000,000+ :eek:
https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/...0016-1999-mercedes-benz-clk-gtr-coupe/1424810
e83da5d09028af52c0cd27f4b673c67b8a83ad44.jpg

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/...7-2002-mercedes-benz-clk-gtr-roadster/1424821
8bfe8c271be30f517ee4b0bae2bf8716efb383b5.jpg

Maybe this is my sign to finally play the Powerball:cool:
So the Roadster that sold apparently sold again since the auction or was being restored because it was recently acquired by a friend of Youtuber Shmee, and was fitted on HRE's that IMO do not fit the car; but the new owner plans on driving it quite often which gives them an A+ in my book. Apparently new tires can no longer be sourced for the original wheels. Still am hoping that chassis #17 shows up at some point because chassis #19 was assumed to be lost for years until it showed up a few years ago via Mechatronik.
35m1bq5s89id1.jpeg

Now owned by @fastrrr_llc on Instagram:cool:

RM Sotheby's has secured the rights to sell off a selection of cars from the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum:

The highlights being the 1965 Le Mans winning '64 Ferrari 250 LM & the '54 Mercedes W196 Streamliner driven by Fangio & Sir Stirling Moss. Auction details are still being put together, but from what I've read, the Mercedes looks to be valued as high as $50-70 million & the Ferrari may bring in $40m+ as well.
Moss.jpg

1965ferrari250lm-front3quarter-final.jpg

It seems that this car has been unfortunately pulled at the last minute.

Last edited:
The F40, Testarossa and the 355 all look so much better in colors other than red (or yellow) that it's a crime that's always considered the default.

One of the more well known 911 GT1 race cars sold yesterday at Broad Arrow Auctions for $7,045,000. Came in under the expected estimates quite a bit, but that seemed to affect almost all the lots from what I can tell.
gt1.webp

A few treats for any rich Gran Turismo fans out there, starting with the DTM 2000 CLK Show Car:
867882.jpg

https://racecarsdirect.com/Advert/Details/146377/dtm-amg-mercedes-hwa-official-show-car

Gillet Vertigo one of 3 race cars:

I believe this is the one the GT4-Onwards model was based on
834904.jpg

https://racecarsdirect.com/Advert/Details/142767/gillet-vertigo-streiff-race-car-the-works-car

GT300 Nissan Nismo 350z, I remember this one from the 360 Forza games:
856990.jpg

https://racecarsdirect.com/Advert/Details/138975/nismo-super-gt-z33-gt3gt300

Restored 1994 Alfa Romeo 155 DTM:
884128.jpg

https://racecarsdirect.com/Advert/Details/148192/alfa-romeo-155-v6ti-dtm---top-condition-very

Last edited:
A few treats for any rich Gran Turismo fans out there, starting with the DTM 2000 CLK Show Car:
867882.jpg

https://racecarsdirect.com/Advert/Details/146377/dtm-amg-mercedes-hwa-official-show-car

Beautiful show piece, but the fact it's missing an engine & one can not be installed, I'm curious what they'd realistically want for it. A similar era-DTM Merc sold last year for $600,000.

Edit* That dealer has some really cool stuff! Lot of F1 pieces & other show cars including another DTM Merc. & a Speed 8 show cars.

MercedesC-DTM_klein-3-1200x801.jpg

bentleyspeed8_klein-68-1200x801.jpg

GT300 Nissan Nismo 350z, I remember this one from the 360 Forza games:
856990.jpg

https://racecarsdirect.com/Advert/Details/138975/nismo-super-gt-z33-gt3gt300
This one is pretty dope. SuperGT/JGTC cars coming to market are rare as I assume the manufacturers/teams prefer to just retain the cars long past their racing days.

I found the importer selling this, asking $395,000. I'm guessing that's Aussie dollars though, meaning it's roughly under $275,000 here. I think that's at least a fair offer for a Championship winning Super GT car given the GT500 examples are likely near the 7 figure range like that Denso Sard Supra in England.

Last edited:

For decades, a mythical collection of incredible cars has sat in the hot California sun, some covered, some exposed to the elements. A collection whose existence was only a rumor, or mere whisper shared amongst enthusiasts. Inside of its barbed wire fence lived legends like the rarest Mercedes-Benz ever built, an Alloy Gullwing, long thought lost, and other fabled and rare cars. It was a collection never to be seen by the inquiring minds who had all tried, and failed, to gain entry. That is, until now. RM Sotheby’s is delighted to announce the ‘The Junkyard: The Rudi Klein Collection,’ the world’s most secretive collection.

One for @SuperSportX, WeAreCurated secured a CLK GTR Roadster (& a Reventon). Don't know if the car is officially for sale, but it's sitting in their showroom. Both cars coming out of the famous SBH Royal Auto Gallery which hasn't been active in a while; wonder if the royal family is considering selling off parts of it.

One for @SuperSportX, WeAreCurated secured a CLK GTR Roadster (& a Reventon). Don't know if the car is officially for sale, but it's sitting in their showroom. Both cars coming out of the famous SBH Royal Auto Gallery which hasn't been active in a while; wonder if the royal family is considering selling off parts of it.

The past 12 months have seen possibly the most CLK-GTRs for sale I think since around the time they were originally released.

So far I know Sothebys had the FIA GT 1997 winning CLK-GTR GT1

The CLK-GTR roadster that was recently acquired by @fastrrr_llc on HRE's

The CLK-GTR that formally belonged to Redshift75, rumor has it that it's supposedly purchased by Drake which I really hope isn't true as I have a strong dislike of him, I know it's in the process of being restored for a few months now so who knows.

The GTR Roadster being sold/held by Curated.

Even though it's not a GTR, the road converted LM being sold by Joe Mecari still seems to be up for sale, I estimate they want around $10 million for it.

That makes atleast 4 not including the LM in the past 12 months.

Also rumor has it that even though it's not publicly for sale supposedly the blue CLK-GTR SuperSport owned by Mechatronik is reportedly worth around $20 million which sounds about right as that's what I estimated it would cost due to being a far more rare version than the already rare Strassenversion and these very rarely if ever show up for sale as almost all of them seem to be owned by literal billionaires making the chance of one ever being sold slim to none.

Curated has had some truly amazing cars come through their Showroom, they even had the one of Lotec C1000 at one point which I personally think of as the true road car variant of the Sauber C9.

Back