Funny Pic Thread (Episode I: An Innocent Premise)

• Thread starter ceiling_fan
  • 3,914 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the customer services of some American companies are estabilished in other countries, like India.

Ultrabeat, look up outsourcing. Companies, like Dell and stuff, and too cheap to pay Americans to work for them, so, instead, they give whatever potential American jobs they can to people in India and other countries. Less pay for the Outsourced = More profit for the company. This, however, has been making some American families suffer, and it also has bad effects on American commerce.

Thanks for killing the joke, too.
ohyeahyoulikethat4vd.gif
Watch yourself.

I don't know. There's too much going on. A UPS truck in a ditch in a park, some bloke in a graduation outfit, holding a miniature sewing machine.

Omnis
Ultrabeat, look up outsourcing. Companies, like Dell and stuff, and too cheap to pay Americans to work for them, so, instead, they give whatever potential American jobs they can to people in India and other countries. Less pay for the Outsourced = More profit for the company. This, however, has been making some American families suffer, and it also has bad effects on American commerce.
Then again, you could look at it this way:

Perhaps consumers, who buy stuff from Dell, are too cheap to pay what it costs to have highly-trained Americans available for technical support, so the company outsources those jobs to somebody willing to do it for less. Less pay for the outsourced = lower costs for technical support = lower cost of the computer = more profit for the consumer purchasing it. This, however, has been making some foreign families suffer less, and it also allows more money to be spent on other items by American consumers.

But you'd only want to look at it this way if you weren't interested in getting an anti-Capitalist dig in wherever you could.

eliseracer
I don't know. There's too much going on. A UPS truck in a ditch in a park, some bloke in a graduation outfit, holding a miniature sewing machine.
yeah WTF, a sewing machine?!

Duke
Then again, you could look at it this way:

Perhaps consumers, who buy stuff from Dell, are too cheap to pay what it costs to have highly-trained Americans available for technical support, so the company outsources those jobs to somebody willing to do it for less. Less pay for the outsourced = lower costs for technical support = lower cost of the computer = more profit for the consumer purchasing it. This, however, has been making some foreign families suffer less, and it also allows more money to be spent on other items by American consumers.

But you'd only want to look at it this way if you weren't interested in getting an anti-Capitalist dig in wherever you could.

Good point. But, what happens to american jobs when everything becomes outsourced? Doesn't that eliminate the middle class? People won't have money buy products in the first place, and it hurts the government because the Indians don't pay the taxes that Americans do. (right?)

Omnis
Good point. But, what happens to american jobs when everything becomes outsourced? Doesn't that eliminate the middle class? People won't have money buy products in the first place, and it hurts the government because the Indians don't pay the taxes that Americans do. (right?)
Oh, I agree. But it is not purely corporate greed that causes outsourcing. Consumers love low prices and so that is what drives the market. But if the US is not going to lose this tier of jobs, they need to understand that their Dell might be $50 more expensive to keep that job in the US.

^ all seems a little heavy for 'funny pic thread' but both of you make some good points, and Duke, i'd never thought of it like that 👍

Outsourcing here in the UK alaso sucks, mainly because i get at least 10 phone calls per week from random call centres staffed by indians who cannot pronounce my surname properly.

It was also funny on top gear when JC was trying to get a quote for the Veryon, and the indian in the CC suggested that the buggati was a Rover, took 25 mins to get the answer 'sorry sir, we do not insure this car' I've nothing personal against asians, but when speaking over the phone i'm sure it helps to be speaking to someone whose first language is the same as yours.

MachOne
Why don't you all just STFU.

You too Duke.

You thought I was going to be bold and challenge him, didn't you? :lol:
No, I just think that you don't have the balls to do it for real. However if you were using that to challenge anyone. What you just said would be more often than not, a 12 year olds response.

DRIFT4EVA
No, I just think that you don't have the balls to do it for real. However if you were using that to challenge anyone. What you just said would be more often than not, a 12 year olds response.

Christ, you people are so hung up on yourselves it's ridiculous.

I'm 12, holy crap, you made a point!

See, only lame-asses like, oh maybe you, point out somebodies age if their younger than you in an argument. What a dumbass.

Oh.... Kay

So it definitely seems like it's time for spreading immaturity with some stupid pics

In reply to MachOne
He was pointing out the fact that your response was characteristic of a 12 year old's maturity level, something that you seem to be trying to avoid.

You like teetering on the edge don't you?

Ok then lets get back to the funny pics. Not MachOne and his antics.

HAHAHAHAHA! That Jako one is funny.

Duke
Oh, I agree. But it is not purely corporate greed that causes outsourcing. Consumers love low prices and so that is what drives the market. But if the US is not going to lose this tier of jobs, they need to understand that their Dell might be $50 more expensive to keep that job in the US.

👍 Cool.

So, in light of all this, how bout some Perry Bible Fellowship?

PBF037BCBananaScientists.jpg

PBF053ADLordGloom.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back