Funny Pic Thread (Episode II: Attack of the Reposts)

• Thread starter ceiling_fan
  • 4,006 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
That spider picture IS my worst nightmare. Imagine walking in and seeing those suckers strafing around like they own the place.

117014744523587524.jpg

scary harvestman bugs o.o apparently they arent actualy spiders :odd:

They're something in between... they're arachnids in that they have eight legs, but they aren't true spiders.

Oddly, my phobia can tell the difference. I'm scared to death of spiders, but harvestmen don't bother me.. I used to play with them when I was a child.

I believe they're carnivorous, or at least omnivorous, eating small insects and the like. But they're not poisonous, and they don't seem to acknowledge humans as a threat, so they rarely bite, even if they're handled. Bites have no effect other than the initial "ow" due to the lack of venom. As I said, I used to play with them as a child, letting them wander around my arms and such. Never once had one bite or even behave aggressively, they seemed to always view me as part of the environment (no doubt due to the size difference).

Probably a good topic for the general Rumble Strip. :)

As I've heard, the Daddy Longlegs arachnid (Pholcus phalangioides) is actually poisonous. In fact, its' venom is actually quite potent. However, it is of little consequence because their fangs are not long enough to penetrate human skin.

So don't worry 'bout it. They're basically harmless to you.

Edit - Oh, right. The whole 'funny picture' thing.

cankwalk1kk.jpg

Heh... good thing this doen't apply to my car!

As I've heard, the Daddy Longlegs arachnid (Pholcus phalangioides) is actually poisonous. In fact, its' venom is actually quite potent. However, it is of little consequence because their fangs are not long enough to penetrate human skin.

So don't worry 'bout it. They're basically harmless to you.

Actually, if you read around a bit, you'll find that's an urban legend, and completely false. The animal, in fact, has no venom whatsoever. That makes it a good deal less harmless than most "harmless" spiders.

Even though I want the Colts to win:

super_bowl_xli.jpg

:lol:

edit: Holy crap, I need one of those asian scooters.

Haha, those sell for 4 bucks at Burger King. Eb can be cheap at times. Once I tried to trade in my psp copy of GTA and they would only give me about 7 bucks, yet when I walk over to the psp games they have a used copy of the exact game I want to trade going for 30 bucks.

Actually, if you read around a bit, you'll find that's an urban legend, and completely false. The animal, in fact, has no venom whatsoever. That makes it a good deal less harmless than most "harmless" spiders.

Yep and I believe they even covered this on an episode of Mythbusters.

Even though I want the Colts to win:

super_bowl_xli.jpg

:lol:

edit: Holy crap, I need one of those asian scooters.

Judging by the outcome of the game, this picture is more appropriate.

Oh my god. If that somehow worked, the level of awesomeness + kickassness of that could no be described.

yes it would kickass but im pretty sure an explosion is 10x better than a chainsaw. It looks cool at first but the uselessness of it comes to you after a little thought.

Its still wicked funny though :lol:

It may be worthless in battle but think of it this way... 2 terrorists are sitting around talking about things... One guy says to the other "hey man, those americans have some pretty big bombs..." then the 2nd guy says "yeah, but that'll only hurt for a second and after that I'll be in heaven with my 72 virgins" then a 3rd guy walks in and says "yeah, but they also have rocket propelled chainsaws..."

after that you'd just have three christians sitting around in prayer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back