Funny Pic Thread VII - No swearing. No sex. No complaining. (READ FIRST POST)

• Thread starter Max Powers
  • 49,575 comments
When I was a child, my father told me that dust was the result of interplanetary collisions from long ago.

It's a crazy lie, but it's not 100% inaccurate, and it sure sparks up the imagination on a long, dull day.

649bmmm.jpg

ATWI2868.JPG

x6ns2Xs.jpeg
CLTT3185.PNG

AOGX7819.PNG

CUPQ8335.JPG

Hyuk, vegans are so stoopid they don't know whether to check a restaurant caters to them before showing up for a meal... :dopey:

Meanwhile even a meat eater like me can see the difference between personal preference over what you eat and whatever it is animals do.

FB_IMG_1642376494407.jpg

Last edited:
Change that caption to CoVID CuRe and you got a funny meme.
Meh, it makes a fair point. Bet it wishes it could be posted in a more relevant thread. Constantly shouting "horse dewormer" is no more scientific than the arguments of those who promote its use despite no significant benefit being found in studies, actually less since "horse" is just a matter of dosage.

Yet another example from today:

Why not just say "Ivermectin" in the headline?! Why imply that it isn't approved for human use when by the second paragraph they have to say that it is, for accuracy's sake?! Dumb. Not as dumb as idiots who would take it rather than the vaccine, but still dumb.

Meh, it makes a fair point. Bet it wishes it could be posted in a more relevant thread. Constantly shouting "horse dewormer" is no more scientific than the arguments of those who promote its use despite no significant benefit being found in studies, actually less since "horse" is just a matter of dosage.

Yet another example from today:

Why not just say "Ivermectin" in the headline?! Why imply that it isn't approved for human use when by the second paragraph they have to say that it is, for accuracy's sake?! Dumb. Not as dumb as idiots who would take it rather than the vaccine, but still dumb.
Indeed, it's a general antihelminthic, with genuine, human therapeutic uses*. It's only horse dewormer when they're literally buying horse dewormer (and, similarly, sheep dewormer) from a veterinary supplies store, because their doctor sensibly won't prescribe them the much lower dosage human-safe form.

Lazy headline writing.

*Of which COVID is not one

Almost all veterinary medicine starts out as human medication, which probably caused issues with bipeds. Or it's a different dosage. Or they rebrand it with a friendly animal on the package.

But hey, if there's sheep that want to take sheep medication, then good for you...

Last edited:
Back