Funny Pic Thread VII - No swearing. No sex. No complaining. (READ FIRST POST)

• Thread starter Max Powers
  • 49,615 comments

This technique is called the dread pirate roberts.

I’m not getting it. Gruber fell from a building, as did Clapton’s son, one of the others didn’t?

Edit: Hull fell from a roof too. I don’t know who the other bloke is.
Eric Clapton's the one that didn't fall to his death. The other fella is from One Direction, just died falling from a balcony while off his knockers.

The other fella is from One Direction, just died falling from a balcony while off his knockers
I just googled him. I guess One Direction had some rock n roll after all.

But Clapton’s son fell from a tower, hence Tears in Heaven.

Last edited:
But Clapton’s son fell from a tower, hence Tears in Heaven.
Yeah, he didn't though. The others all did.

I remember back in the 90's Vauxhall used 'Layla' in their advertising campaigns, which featured Tom Conti as a slightly clumsy fella who fella who fell out of a window in one of the ads. It was swiftly pulled.

Layla is one of my favourite Clapton tracks. Apparently he had a thing for Ringo Star’s missus and that song was the result.

Layla is one of my favourite Clapton tracks. Apparently he had a thing for Ringo Star’s missus and that song was the result.
Close. It was George Harrison's wife, Pattie Boyd, who later married Clapton. According to wikipedia, however, Clapton remained close friends with Harrison, who took to calling Clapton his "husband-in-law" :lol:

Oh yeah, that’s right. I knew it was Harrison but my brain misled me.
Still, for my money, one of the best riffs of the time. Probably only bettered by some Floyd solos.

Back