Assetto Corsa 2 Will be Called "Assetto Corsa Evo", Coming 2024

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 548 comments
I don't know what "models" have actually been "stolen" from other games that had a big impact.
None which come to mind really, all of the mods that had a big impact in AC1 over the years were all scratch made which are from RaceDepartment or paid ones from VRC, RSS, URD, etc...

And as for tracks, I see it more as a co-operation between each track's sanctioning body rather than other game companies such as Motorsport Games, since some games hold the official license of the whole track and its organizing body such as Le Mans Ultimate (Automobile Club de l'Ouest).

I don't know what "models" have actually been "stolen" from other games that had a big impact.
Except for the RSS, VRC, URD, ASR and a few other mods (very few) all models are stolen/ported from ACC, LMU, Forza, GT and others, with the GT models being the most sought after for their high modeling detail. In fact, many of these models are sold as their own mods using the stolen model, with data modified from the original Kunos cars and then encrypted. Many others use parts from various models to make a single mod and then sell it. To put it in an easy and simple way, in AC1 many have made money by stealing and reselling what never belonged to them.

Last edited:

Attachments

• R.png
    R.png
    52.3 KB · Views: 1
Back