Funny/Strange News Stories

What would they do with a flag like this?

full
Prohibit it? I very much doubt that one side of it represents a country to which they vow no allegiance causes any kind of internal turmoil.

Last edited:
Not sure if this guy just snuck into the 2023 Darwin Award contest or was one of the first to enter the 2024 contest, but...

An Edinburgh gangster was shot at 11.50pm on New Year's Eve after taunting gangland rivals on social media earlier in the evening.

Not content with goading his rivals on social media, he told them exactly where he was (a dodgy pub in a dodgy part of Edinburgh) and challenged them to 'come and get it'.

Two people have now been arrested on suspicion of his murder.

Last edited:
That is up there with the "what are you gunna do? Stab me?" guy.
To be fair, I'm surprised anyone in Granton was sober enough at 10 minutes to midnight on Hogmanay to pull this off.

Sometimes revenge is a dish best served by Deliveroo.

Last edited:

The products of paper mills often look like regular articles but are based on templates in which names of genes or diseases are slotted in at random among fictitious tables and figures. Worryingly, these articles can then get incorporated into large databases used by those working on drug discovery.

Others are more bizarre and include research unrelated to a journal’s field, making it clear that no peer review has taken place in relation to that article. An example is a paper on Marxist ideology that appeared in the journal Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine. Others are distinctive because of the strange language they use, including references to “bosom peril” rather than breast cancer and “Parkinson’s ailment” rather Parkinson’s disease.

He struck out.

I don't know if there's a word to describe the sense of relief and achievement M. Plaud feels right now. Towering?

He certainly saved his teeth from gnashes and champs elysee at least, eh? That rollercoaster ride turned out to be an arc of triumph.

Last edited:
Back