Funny/Strange News Stories

How does the fact that he didn't spend a day in detention feel to you, not whether he was tried as an adult.
I'd want to know what steps are being taken so to ensure that he and his buddies can't rape anybody else, not fume about the UNCHR's ruling and wish for it to be overthrown. I find it hard to believe that they won't be under some kind of police surveillance to make certain this is the case.
So should it affect the judge's decision on whether they deserve to be behind bars?
I've repeatedly posted why I don't want to retry this case in the court of human opinion. I'm not sure why you keep asking me to.

Last edited:
I'd want to know what steps are being taken so to ensure that he and his buddies can't rape anybody else, not fume about the UNCHR's ruling and wish for it to be overthrown. I find it hard to believe that they won't be under some kind of police surveillance to make certain this is the case.
Sorry, which UNHCR ruling?
I've repeatedly posted why I don't want to retry this case in the court of human opinion. I'm not sure why you keep asking me to.
I'm asking about the judge's decision.

Sorry, which post. I couldn't see it in my petticoat post.
It's on the previous page and says minors can't be locked up indefinitely. Perhaps the court's hands were tied and they were forced by law to impose a suspended sentence. Without knowing the legal reason for that decision, challenging it seems like a waste of time to me.
But why? We question judges' decisions and their rationale all the time here, including some of the most influential in the world (scotus)
Nobody's stopping you from questioning it. I'm bored of going around in circles yet again though, so please count me out.

Last edited:
It's on the previous page and says minors can't be locked up indefinitely. Perhaps the court's hands were tied and they were forced by law to impose a suspended sentence. Without knowing the legal reason for that decision, challenging it seems like a waste of time to me.
Can you link the post? I'm on a train and having a hard time finding it.
Nobody's stopping you from questioning it. I'm bored of going around in circles yet again though, so please count me out.
I don't think we're going round in circles.
We arrived at the point where we are discussing whether, and how much the expert's opinion should matter to the judge.

Last edited:
Can you link the post? I'm on a train and having a hard time finding it.

I don't think we're going round in circles.
We arrived at the point where we are discussing whether, and how much the expert's opinion should matter to the judge.

I think we are going round in circles. If the expert's opinion didn't matter to the judge then maybe he shouldn't have called her as I said before. How much it should matter to them isn't up to me.

I think we are going round in circles. If the expert's opinion didn't matter to the judge then maybe he shouldn't have called her as I said before. How much it should matter to them isn't up to me.
Thanks.

I don't think that UNHCR point is relevant in this case??

Also, I'm not sure if the judge called the expert witness. She did give an interview on the decision that's somewhere on the Web (quick Google search should bring it up)

Thanks.

I don't think that UNHCR point is relevant in this case??

Also, I'm not sure if the judge called the expert witness. She did give an interview on the decision that's somewhere on the Web (quick Google search should bring it up)
Thanks. Maybe I'll come back when you provide links since I'm completely exhausted by this conversation. However, I think I've said everything I need to say about how I feel about this at great length.

Last edited:
Thanks. Maybe I'll come back when you provide links since I'm completely exhausted by this conversation. However, I think I've said everything I need to say about how I feel about this at great length.
Links to what?

So we should just accept the judge's ruling because....she's a judge? And if she was (I'm not sure this is the case - your UNHCR point is talking about indefinite detention of a minor which isn't applicable here) limited in terms of sentencing options it's not worth being appalled at that?

That is an odd stance to take I must say.

Links to what?

So we should just accept the judge's ruling because....she's a judge? And if she was (I'm not sure this is the case - your UNHCR point is talking about indefinite detention of a minor which isn't applicable here) limited in terms of sentencing options it's not worth being appalled at that?

That is an odd stance to take I must say.
Links to the thing you expected me to Google for you. And while I get that you're appalled that the judge was limited in terms of sentencing because the perpetrator was underage I don't know whether it's worth removing protections from minors in order to make sure he's punished in the way you'd prefer.

Links to the thing you expected me to Google for you.
Ah. That was because I was out so was time limited.

I found it from Reddit:

Make of it what you will.

And while I get that you're appalled that the judge was limited in terms of sentencing because the perpetrator was underage I don't know whether it's worth removing protections from minors in order to make sure he's punished in the way you'd prefer.
There is such a thing as a too lenient sentence.

As an aside, I really recommend watching the film Promising Young Woman.

Last edited:
Make of it what you will.
I can't make anything of it as the link is behind a paywall and attempting to access it with web.archive.org just leads to snapshots of the paywall for me.
There is such a thing as a too lenient sentence.
It might be interesting to see how the judge justified her decision since she's way more qualified to talk about the case than I am.

Last edited:
Sounds like a rather harsh sentence 143 years.

What stood out to me is, the talking to God and carrying a Bible along with hiding from the police behind a bush. It sounds like the man’s has had some kind of breakdown or under the influence. While that shouldn’t excuse his actions, what good is it going to do if no help is going to be provided to him.

Just another lost soul locked up for a crazy amount of years.

What stood out to me is, the talking to God and carrying a Bible along with hiding from the police behind a bush. It sounds like the man’s has had some kind of breakdown or under the influence. While that shouldn’t excuse his actions, what good is it going to do if no help is going to be provided to him.

I had similar thoughts on reading the story. These are not the actions of a sane person.

chess.jpg

Season 1 Nbc GIF by The Good Place

How does it feel to you as a person?
How does the fact that he didn't spend a day in detention feel to you, not whether he was tried as an adult.
lol
As it stands you're just appealing to emotion.
lmao

I had similar thoughts on reading the story. These are not the actions of a sane person.
Sounds like psychosis. I wouldn't speculate on the cause but I wonder if the defence argued he was suffering from a mental health issue.

Some of the recent stabbings in the UK fit the bill too I'd wager.

Whatever you do, don't sign up for a free trial of Disney+

Doing so signs your legal rights away for ever, even if they kill a family member in one of their restaurants

This is absolutely insane. How????? What a load of rubbish yet again from the Disney Corporation.

As someone who works with architectural plans, daily questionable decisions and columns that are ALWAYS in the way, I find that glorious. :lol:

Back