G27 learners who would like training.

• Thread starter SLaBaTaC
  • 150 comments
Australia
South Australia
SLaBaTaC
Ive been noticing a higher number of G27 users and alot of them raging due to not being able to drift.Ive only had my wheel for a period of 4 months now but am above average and still increasing in skills.

Ive taught a couple newcomers on the G27 and have got them drifting in a few weeks time ( took me months... ) and i am more than happy to answer any questions or offer any advice which i see fit.I drift on a daily basis,lately been hosting my own lobby's so feel free to drop by and join a relaxed and stress free environment.My ingame name is SLaBaTaC and ill check the GTP forums regularly.

:gtplanet:

Nice idea but for starters our timezone won't help (Mostly US and European people lurk this forum) and most of the people have gotten on with drifting now (Either gave up or they learned individually) since the game is three years old.

In the meantime do you teach people how to drift with the clutch or not? Just out of curiosity :lol:

time zones are of no issue the MLD and TXR boys would know im always available even though im aussie :P. well i can teach either or but the clutch system in this game is quite poor

just letting every1 know, i am 1 of slabs students. its my 4th week owning a g27 wheel. when i started i couldnt make a corner without losin it. but now im capable of drifting multiple laps before losing it. i drift with the clutch, honestly because i cant handle not using it for drifting. i to am more than happy to help slab with teaching others. i still have a couple of set ups that i started out on. if any1 is after an easy to drift tune im more than happy to help.

thanks for the feedback th137z :P been driftn hard with u the past few weeks now uve come along way and much quicker than i did.

Ive been noticing a higher number of G27 users and alot of them raging due to not being able to drift.Ive only had my wheel for a period of 4 months now but am above average and still increasing in skills.

Ive taught a couple newcomers on the G27 and have got them drifting in a few weeks time ( took me months... ) and i am more than happy to answer any questions or offer any advice which i see fit.I drift on a daily basis,lately been hosting my own lobby's so feel free to drop by and join a relaxed and stress free environment.My ingame name is SLaBaTaC and ill check the GTP forums regularly.

:gtplanet:

When are you mostly online ? I would love to tandem you some time :)

hi there SLaBaTaC i have a big issue in drifting im using also the g27 my problem is that i can drive and drift all day long on snow and dirt tracks but i cant drift 1 single corner on the road !!! plzzz help i so so so so want to drift on road what am i missing ?!?

what tyres do u use? we are accustomed to ch tyres and rwd vehicles. good car choise to start off with generally is a 350Z, and i parctised with 500 hp (roughly).

i can jump online now if you want

hi there SLaBaTaC i have a big issue in drifting im using also the g27 my problem is that i can drive and drift all day long on snow and dirt tracks but i cant drift 1 single corner on the road !!! plzzz help i so so so so want to drift on road what am i missing ?!?

that would have alot to do with your cars setup as your so attuned to 4WD drift hehe.you've just gotta get used to the characteristics of the FR drift style.i could inbox you a beginners template to begin with and see if that helps you at all ?

I have the Logitech Driving Force Pro. Is that a good wheel for a beginner? Or should I just go and get a G27? Also what about the driving force GT? If anyone can help me out until I get the G27. My psn is SharpKilla891, all the help I can get would be great. I tried adding you, SLaBaTaC, but it said your friends list was full. Can anyone help me and send me a tune template?

Last edited:
I have the Logitech Driving Force Pro. Is that a good wheel for a beginner? Or should I just go and get a G27? Also what about the driving force GT? If anyone can help me out until I get the G27. My psn is SharpKilla891, all the help I can get would be great. I tried adding you, SLaBaTaC, but it said your friends list was full. Can anyone help me and send me a tune template?

G27 is the go purely for the clutch not sure if the driving force pro has clutch.cheers for the headsup ill go make some space on my friends list.and i can send you a beginners template to start off with.

the clutch is good for transistions, eg left to right. ive also used the clutch to save me if ive gotten too much angle. other times its a matter of if a car isnt powerful enough to make thew whole corner a clutch kick will help heaps. start little. the bigger the drift the harder it is to control. 1 last thing. dont hold the steering wheel in the 1 spot. keep the wheel active so you know exactly where the sweet spot is.

Hello everyone, its me again LOL. I am having the problem where when I try to turn out of the drift the car wants to not come out of the drift it just wants to hold the angle. Also Its like I am not getting enough gas or something because I stop mid drift. Can anyone tell me or show me in game how to solve these issues? Thanks in advance. Also I am using a s15 with the tune template that SLaBaTaC gave me. Whats a good track to practice on? and is their a better car to start with?

Last edited:
sounds like you needa practice counter-steer.but see what happens when your in mid drift and you put the clutch in :P in basic terms you gain traction and begin 2 freeroll to a degree.

I have had my wheel for just about a year (I think) and for the last 3 months, I have searched the mighty world of GTPlanet and got heaps of different options. I ended up asking people for tunes to learn in, They were not enough for me, I like to go that little but faster, I tuned my own car and drifted that, I thought it was alright but was to hard to get around tight corners, In the last few days, I have found this wonderful person called SLaBaTaC, He has helped me a heap, Gave me tips on Force feed back and controller sensitivity, and a nice base tune for me to learn in, I told him sometimes I spin if I flick it a bit too much, He straight away told me, What I should be doing and what to edit on his base tune, He is a great listener and did not mind me asking questions, Over all the people I have talked to and got help from, He would be the best, I can actually get the tighter corners now, like I have wanted to for a long time.

Thanks a heap SLaBaTac

Your Sensorially
SDC (Shoot_Da_Car)

hehe not a problem shoot its about time someone stepped up and taught people how to wheel drift.Feel free to send more people my way who seek advice or opinions and any more questions you have feel free to ask.happy drifting ^^

hehe not a problem shoot its about time someone stepped up and taught people how to wheel drift.Feel free to send more people my way who seek advice or opinions and any more questions you have feel free to ask.happy drifting ^^

Exactly, people have needed to do what you do for a long time.I will send people your way if I find any. Thanks.

Latest Posts

Back