G27 modification Updated12 DEC Page 4 wheel buttons plate added

• Thread starter MARC BOLAN
  • 89 comments
Hi
From which car you took the wipers & beam control?
my friend who help me to collect said ,it's took form 80's Honda civic & integra include hand brake. I get total two set of these parts.
Basically are the same, but have minor different.
I think most of these control stick can use .
Originally ,I want to get a HiAce Van wiper & light control first,also can use to do the same thing.

Holy ****...
This is the most amazing thing ever built. Ever.

One question about reverse mounting the pedals. Is the piece of the frame that the pedals are mounted to ~perfectly vertical? Is it as simple as popping them out of the case and securing them to a vertical surface is what I would like to know. Mine have been in the base for over a year now and I'm itching to get them right side up.

Holy ****...
This is the most amazing thing ever built. Ever.

One question about reverse mounting the pedals. Is the piece of the frame that the pedals are mounted to ~perfectly vertical? Is it as simple as popping them out of the case and securing them to a vertical surface is what I would like to know. Mine have been in the base for over a year now and I'm itching to get them right side up.
The pedals angle is depend on your driving position. Your seat height, distance between with the pedals are affect the pedals angle.
My pedals stand not perfectly vertical, little bit toward to me around 5 degree.
I need to do adjustment many times to get a better result.
Now I need a wheel quick release adapter to extended the wheel distance,
then set my seat more backward,
because the pedals very close to me, my feet not very comfortable.:nervous:

The pedals angle is depend on your driving position. Your seat height, distance between with the pedals are affect the pedals angle.
My pedals stand not perfectly vertical, little bit toward to me around 5 degree.
I need to do adjustment many times to get a better result.
Now I need a wheel quick release adapter to extended the wheel distance,
then set my seat more backward,
because the pedals very close to me, my feet not very comfortable.:nervous:

I see. Thanks!

As soon as I saw the first post :drool:

What made it more amazing was your skills and dedication that truly made this awesome cockpit.

UPDATE On PAGE 1: NRG QUICK RELEASE-
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=215155
IMG_2452.jpg

My misses would kill me if i spent that long, and that much money, lol
But top marks for doing it
Makes my project look, well, like nothing lol
regards
Josh

Awesome quick release dude
questions for you:

1. What do you use for button box Labelling ? the writings are white and nice
2. what PCB you use with the button box? is the missile switch have in game function or just a latching switch that cuts off the conection to the key?
PS: Im using Cthulu PCB for Fightsticks from Shoryuken.com therefor I can use it for PS3 and PC too.( the button box Im making right now)

the reason im askin gthe Missile switch is because all the button in PS3 are "momentary" , if you use a latching switch ( in this case missle switch) for ingnition (not starter key), im sure you know latching toggle switch acts as if the button being pressed continuously.

The Button Box Labeling are using ALPS printer to print out water slide deco then stick it on, Alps can print white color.

I using a 3rd party PS3 DS3 controller pcb, tried other fighting stick pcb, but in GT5, it cannot act as a ds3 pad, so can't remap key function normally.
The "missile switch" have 2 type, toggle and auto centering. I using the toggle type to act as the light power ON/OFF switch, and using 2 way centering type to work as function key, so without any problem at all~:)

Sparco P310 with wheel buttons plate(for GT RACE CARS).
88fba17c.jpg

e02a2740.jpg

3559e6d6.jpg

8 PIN DIN CONNECTOR for G27 6 wheel buttons
b06bd39c.jpg

8a58647b.jpg

Momo Team 280 with wheel buttons plate( For F1)
ee8774a3.jpg

269af2f5.jpg

8bba6d2f.jpg

Very nice job Marc... Who pays the electric bill?:)
I hope to build a nice cockpit one day, for now it's G27 and my Playseat. I would definately look back to your creation and take pointers if you don't mind. Thanks for sharing this!

Sparco P310 with wheel buttons plate(for GT RACE CARS).
88fba17c.jpg

e02a2740.jpg

3559e6d6.jpg

8 PIN DIN CONNECTOR for G27 6 wheel buttons
b06bd39c.jpg

8a58647b.jpg

Momo Team 280 with wheel buttons plate( For F1)
ee8774a3.jpg

269af2f5.jpg

8bba6d2f.jpg

The GP wheel, when it rotates more than 360 degree, doesn't the electric line be pulled out? The design seems not work!

The GP wheel, when it rotates more than 360 degree, doesn't the electric line be pulled out? The design seems not work!

Absolutely no problem, the end of the electric line are attach to the wheel adapter inside, just like the original wheel button cable, so all the cable are moving together with the rotatory axis, that's mean haven't any movement corresponding to the rotatory parts. Everything run smooth and 100% work!

Do you only play GT5? You've got a great talent for this kind of stuff, you would have even more freedom if you try some PC sims as well.

OU EM GEE DUDE what HE ^^ Said
tried to do a button box for ps3 still waiting for box to arrive and you already skipped another planet

XXI
Very nice job Marc... Who pays the electric bill?:)
I hope to build a nice cockpit one day, for now it's G27 and my Playseat. I would definately look back to your creation and take pointers if you don't mind. Thanks for sharing this!

I live with my girl friend so I'm the only one to pay the bill~:yuck:
G27 is a very good wheel base for customize,please feel free to took any ideas you want!

Do you only play GT5? You've got a great talent for this kind of stuff, you would have even more freedom if you try some PC sims as well.
I have no room for a windows PC & don't have enough time play...
Actually, I looking to r-factor 2, probably will get sli-pro or roso F1 wheel if I decide to jump into pc race sim.

Marc, I can't seem to order from the Frex site for the clutch pedal+. Do you have to call them to order this for the G27?

thanks

Hi There

Wow!!!! Awesome set up man!.
Just want to know does the Sparco wheel that your using as a GT/DTM wheel fit straight on the G27 with the Chilicoke adapter?

Marc, I can't seem to order from the Frex site for the clutch pedal+. Do you have to call them to order this for the G27?

thanks
Sorry that late reply, hope still useful.
Frex pedal V1 have been discontinue, just provide replacement parts for order.
They selling V2 clutch pedal with simclutch parts now, and price too high.

Hi There

Wow!!!! Awesome set up man!.
Just want to know does the Sparco wheel that your using as a GT/DTM wheel fit straight on the G27 with the Chilicoke adapter?
Yes, this can fit on chilicoke adapter. :) all six bolt 70mm PCD steering wheel is ok.

They selling V2 clutch pedal with simclutch parts now, and price too high.[/q
They selling V2 clutch pedal with simclutch parts now, and price too high.

2 years but better late than never :P

Thanks

They still sell the clutch (and hydrobrake) add ons at frexgp. I presume this is because the hydrobrake and simcaliper is complicated and expensive (when u have already dropped a chunk of change on the pedals that work great as is, with pots). That said, the hydrobrake//simcaliper is the best I have used. I'm regretting selling them already.
... As for the add on clutch, I'm not sure surplus inventory is the reason it persists in their catalogue... Rather, it's probably down to the fact that it's literally a bag of bolts with a spring and a few elbow plates [6 of them to be precise.] Anyway, the clutch add on is relatively cheap at frexgp... You just have to click around til u find a section of the store called "parts for v1 pedals" they also sell an 8 but pcb for just the pedals if u r interested...
Anyone know why this guy used a din connector?

Back