GBRC "Grumpy British Racing Club" Home of clean racing.

Will do. I've just added Lunchbox & CokeBloke, what's your PSN? I searched for your forum name but couldn't find any with that.
Clockwork psn is GBRC-clockwork.

Have fun tonight chaps while I'm stuck at work.

Thanks for all the help. Are the Thursday and Sunday sessions standalone? I'm struggling to make tonight but I can definitely make Sunday.

Thanks for all the help. Are the Thursday and Sunday sessions standalone? I'm struggling to make tonight but I can definitely make Sunday.
Sunday is race night , so usually practice is Thursday for the race , but you are welcome to join on Sunday...there is a lobby open most nights anyway. Do you have discord? All the info and schedules are on there...

We cannot post links to other websites clockwork.
Could you delete the link by editing your post please. 👍

Last edited:
1000049427.png

This will be my prevailing memory from this evening. Like Alonso at Monaco 😅

Tonight's schedule

Lobby opens from 18:30 uk time

Classic formula practice.
If anyone joining that does not have the Honda RA272 formula car we will switch over to testing.

Mazda RX-8 Spirit R '12 Testing
Testing for new series with the Mazda RX-8 Spirit R '12 With the following specification.
Racing exhaust.
Power restrictor.
Brake balance controller.
Racing pads and Brakes
Customisable racing transmission
Customisable racing susspension
customisable lsd
Racing clutch and fly wheel.
Weight reduction stages 1, 2 and 3
Wide body modification
Front aero type B.
Rear aero type A.
Wing custom, low, type 07
Just so I'm on the right page, I assume this is the setup for Sunday's race too? Racing mediums, restricted to 221BHP?

Just so I'm on the right page, I assume this is the setup for Sunday's race too? Racing mediums, restricted to 221BHP?
This is the spec for Sundays race.

Car:
Mazda RX-8 Spirit R '12 @ 221 BHP - 1053 Kg

Specification:
Racing medium tyres
Customisable race suspension
Customisable LSD
Customisable ECU
Customisable transmission
Racing silencer
Racing brakes and pads
Brake balance controller
Racing clutch and fly wheel
Weight reduction stages 1,2 and 3
Adjust ECU to 87% to get to 221 BHP
Wide Body
Front splitter type B
Rear diffusor type A
Wing custom set low type 07

Updated OP:
It is important to reply to this thread before adding GBRC-members to your PSN friends list.
This allows us to verify incoming friends requests.

Hello guys, thanks for responding to my friend request on the PS. I’ve played Gran Turismo on and off since GT3, always on the controller and offline so still very much new to racing online and joining teams. I mentioned to Lunchbox that I’m in a different zone so let’s see how that plays out! Thanks and looking forward to some clean races with all of you - though I’ll probably finish dead last haha :)
Most of of our drivers use wheels, I myself use a controller as well.
We cater for drivers new to online racing so you're in good company there.
Racing and practice starts 8pm UK so you will be early in the morning when you race I think.
Time and positions are not what we look for, all we want is gentlemanly conduct on track and off track and most of all for you to enjoy yourself.
Look forward to seeing you on track soon.

Hello. Very interested in joining this
Hi send out some friend request's to get you started.

Hi, just sent friend request to GBRC-Lunchbox, hoping to join Sunday night racing if possible
Welcome Mcfc13, i am working late shift this week and won't be available until the weekend.
Feel free to join GBRC-Cokbloke's lobby's during this week.

You'd be welcome to join us, DJJ86. Add Lunchbox, myself and cokebloke. Look forward to racing with you.

Last edited:

GBRC host's practice and race nights on Sunday & Thursdays from 8pm-10pm UK time every week with a regular presence on GT7 during the week.
We are a small but growing racing community of mature, clean and gentlemanly drivers.
Established in 2010 on GTplanet and have a core membership of drivers who race GT7 PS5.

We have drivers in their 30's through to the their 70's with an average age of 55.

We accept all skill levels and abilities and only ask you to race clean and fair for the enjoyment of everyone. We are open to new ideas for cars and tracks, suggestions' are always welcome.
We also have a PSN chat room which is welcomed but not compulsory to join. The chat can be a bit blue at times and only recommend it for the more mature drivers.

Rookie driver's are more than welcome and we offer tuition on improving your driving level.
We can also offer help with your media presence including setups and advice.

We race all kinds of cars from classic to modern and have built a driving roster of clean racers.

Lobbies will be hosted by:
GBRC-Lunchbox
GBRC-Cokebloke
GBRC-skiddo
Feel free to add us on PSN to join our lobbies.
Please reply to this thread before adding GBRC members to you're friends list.
This allows us to verify incoming friends requests.

To race make sure you have the cars listed below to specification and read the casual racing rules.
Please post details here if interested and we look forward to racing with you soon.

Car's we tend to race on GT7
MX-5 Roadster touring car
Mini cooper s ‘05
Renault Clio V6 24V '00
Radical SR3 SL '13
Volkswagen Golf I GTI '83
Honda Civic Type R (EK) Touring Car
BMW M3 Sport Evolution 1989
Honda RA272 '65
GR3 & GR4 car’s

We also use two cars to begin with for easy pick up and play reasons. There will be a front wheel and rear wheel drive car to keep in your garage so your ready to race.

Mazda Roadster Touring Car.
Fx32-_WWIAAzP1y

Standard specification
Race hard tires
BHP: 205
Weight: 795kg

MINI Cooper S 2005
Fx35eS4WAAYX6uq

Custom specification
Racing medium tires
BHP: 271
Weight: 967

Parts:
Full custom suspension
Full custom differential
Full custom transmission
Racing intercooler
supercharger : high end torque
Racing air filter
Racing silencer
Racing exhaust manifold
Racing brake discs
Racing brake pads
Brake balance controller
Racing flywheel and clutch
bore up
engine balance tuning
polished ports
high lift camshaft
racing crankshaft
weight reduction stage 1,2 and 3
wide body fitted
custom parts front, side and wing type A

Quick Reference Guide to GBRC GT7 Casual Racing Rules

At GBRC we pride ourselves in clean racing with minimal contact.
We have an active team of Race Admin members who take part in all races & study the race replays.
We aim for realistic racing and would ask drivers to drive as if it was their car.

Below is a brief version of our Online Racing Rules ;

The Track ;
The game will issue penalties for track limits.
If a driver breaks the track limits and gains an advantage you should give up that advantage.

Qualifying ;
Just like in real life racing, do not obstruct other drivers who are on a fast qualifying lap.
Please move off the racing line or off track.
Do not park on track while qualifying is still in progress.
If you catch up to a driver then it’s your responsibility to back off.
Do not hinder the car in front.

The Race ;
Avoid contact with other cars.
If you make contact with another car & either make them lose control / leave the track / spin, you must wait for the car to rejoin and allow him past.
If another car is ahead & on the racing line when braking into a corner, you must back out of any manoeuvre to avoid contact or spinning the other car around.
Continual contact / rubbing the car in front is not acceptable
Weaving to avoid slip streaming / towing the car behind is not acceptable – you can move once.
If you leave the track, care must be taken to safely re-join without hindering other drivers.
Be prepared to leave racing room for cars that are alongside or 'overlapping' you
The race is not won in the first corner – be patient on the first few corners.
You must make every effort to avoid collisions, this would include going off track.

Two words to think about - Patience and Awareness.

Be gentlemanly,polite and respectful.
Respect the stewards and Admin.

Persistent, careless, abusive driving could result in a Permanent ban from GBRC.

View attachment 1370058

GBRC shout out from Tidgney

GBRC Racing

Hello!

I would love to join your online racing. I am an average driver and would like to improve myself. only thing attract me is that you have no age limits :) because I am near 50 :)

please let me know if I can join you.

thanks!!

Hello guys, thanks for responding to my friend request on the PS. I’ve played Gran Turismo on and off since GT3, always on the controller and offline so still very much new to racing online and joining teams. I mentioned to Lunchbox that I’m in a different zone so let’s see how that plays out! Thanks and looking forward to some clean races with all of you - though I’ll probably finish dead last haha :)

Hi Ral.
Your welcome to join us. We will be practicing tonight, usually from 6.30-7 onwards,so feel free to drop in to the lobby. Add GBRC- Clockwork, Cokebloke, lunchbox, or any of the other members, on PSN.
It helps if you have headset/mic. Look forward to seeing you.

Back