General Workout Routines and Questions

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 1,955 comments
Since we're on impingement, I also have found some issues. I have never worked side delts, but I wanted to target them now. I saw some videos on full ROM side laterals. Then I discovered that even before I raise my hands above my hands above my shoulder line I already hear popping somewhere between 45 and 90 degrees. I'm not sure if that's an issue, but I don't think I want to find out. I tried some modifications and it was still there. The machine seems to be the best option.
I have that too and according to my experiences its a sign of not having done a proper warm up. Before doing your working sets do 3 sets of that exercise in slow motion using 50% of the weight you use in your working set. Focus on form and especially when you hit that angle where the popping occurs, slow down a lot. And if its easy for you to upset your shoulders don't do lateral raises beyond parallel, thats where you get into impingement territory.

As for my workout related stuff - can anybody tell me why weighted push ups (4 sets of 25 reps with 25kg or around 55lbs on my back as backpack) make my chest burn like CRAZY and I get an insane chest pump while I hardly feel any of my muscles doing paused bench presses with 130kg / 285 lbs 6 reps 4 sets (125 at the last set). It makes no sense.
No matter the rep range and weight I bench I don't get the same effect.

Last edited:
I have that too and according to my experiences its a sign of not having done a proper warm up. Before doing your working sets do 3 sets of that exercise in slow motion using 50% of the weight you use in your working set. Focus on form and especially when you hit that angle where the popping occurs, slow down a lot. And if its easy for you to upset your shoulders don't do lateral raises beyond parallel, thats where you get into impingement territory.

As for my workout related stuff - can anybody tell me why weighted push ups (4 sets of 25 reps with 25kg or around 55lbs on my back as backpack) make my chest burn like CRAZY and I get an insane chest pump while I hardly feel any of my muscles doing paused bench presses with 130kg / 285 lbs 6 reps 4 sets (125 at the last set). It makes no sense.
No matter the rep range and weight I bench I don't get the same effect.
25 reps with weights may have played a role, or it’s just the result of a different/new workout

I got a Spud Inc ab strap and after using it for the first time today, I'm having a hard time moving. :lol: Hip flexors are sooooo weak. I could barely move 20 lbs and driving home was scary. Smoked out my hamstrings too. I also tried the Lee Priest pulldowns where you just have the strap loops around your elbows, so it takes the biceps completely out of the pulldown or row. I haven't felt a back pump or squeeze like that in my life, ever. Usually my biceps are the first things to get smoked on back days. This thing is sick.

Last edited:
I got a Spud Inc ab strap and after using it for the first time today, I'm having a hard time moving. :lol: Hip flexors are sooooo weak. I could barely move 20 lbs and driving home was scary. Smoked out my hamstrings too. I also tried the Lee Priest pulldowns where you just have the strap loops around your elbows, so it takes the biceps completely out of the pulldown or row. I haven't felt a back pump or squeeze like that in my life, ever. Usually my biceps are the first things to get smoked on back days. This thing is sick.

Oh man, if it’s been a while (or never), you’ll be brutalized for sure. :)

In other news, had a great delt day today. Had a great pump and nasty mind to muscle connection.

57 weeks to put in as much tissue as I can for my next show.

IMG_4888.jpeg

Last edited:
IMG_4888.jpeg

How do I get jacked like that? Do I have to play bass?
Yes, and you must have heavy tube amps and lots of speakers. You of course have to help the drummer and guitar player load in and out every gig. It will make you big and strong. 💪🏼 🤘

Back