Give Your Review of GT5 Spec 2.0 (Read OP BEFORE You Post) Poll Added

On a Scale of 1-10, What Would You Rate GT5 Spec 2.0?

• Total voters
United States
Virginia
ParkourVeyron
OK guys, with the oncoming release of Spec 2.0, I figured I would fire up a new thread/poll so everybody can give their reviews of GT5 Spec 2.0 when it drops.
Here are the rules:
DO Give a general review about the new features in Spec 2.0
DO Tell your favorite new feature included in Spec 2.0
DO Tell about a few features that you would have liked to have in Spec 2.0, but didn't make it in.

DON'T post useless or hateful comments
DON'T post before Spec 2.0 is released
This isn't a flame war thread! Remember that before you post!

And feel free to make your review as long or short as possible. I hope we'll see some good reviews. And remember to vote on the poll. 👍

Last edited:
GT5 2.0
Hum still got the old Intro movie might be a bug with servers ofline.
Dam New Nascars cost 500,000 still
Info button on GT Home screen takes you to the news section.
Don't like the New photo location It rushes you to much.
Indy%252520-%252520NASCAR%252520Pit%252520Stop.jpg

Not as much fun trying to do it fast.
Like the new settings sheet shows you it all in one.
Gut instinct on New Icons on pre race screen don't like.
Track intro stays on screen instead of creating a loading screen the icon vanish and you are given a PSN loading icon this is alot better than the Loading screen.
Endurance race save is only when pitting and you are forced to continue the endurance the next time it loads GT5.

In cockpit on Standard car.
The blacked out closed cockpit versions look bad. Not good at all. really bad, ok crap.
The open cockpit look fine as they had to be modelled when they went passed the camera any way but there is something of about the FGT, think its that the steering wheel has only the basic animations, rotate and gear change.

Last edited:
Just a few initial impressions.

Track loading is FAST! 12 seconds (I pulled out the stopwatch :)) to load a one-make practice race on Nordschleife.
And general UI responsiveness does seem to have been improved as well, but I haven't really looked around here yet, as the server is still down for maintenance and I hate that notice popping up all the time.

Time, weather and track condition changes - on the tracks where they are available - are changed after track loading (I haven't played multiplayer much so I can't recall if that's how it is there as well?) and happen pretty much instantaneously with no track reloading required.

I've tried five standard cars so far - cockpit views in the Caterham Seven Fireblade and the Formula Gran Turismo look great, and with my focus naturally on the road ahead, they can almost (only almost) fool my eyes into thinking I'm driving a premium car.
In the hard top cars the cockpit is just a blacked out area of the screen, but it does follow the shape of the car - the cockpit shape of a Lamborghini Countach looks very different from the shape of a BMW M3, which again looks different from a TVR Cerbera.
And crucially for those of us with 3D TVs, despite the simple black shapes, they do have depth and stretch into the screen just fine - particularly the Countach with its low, slanted shape. And the Caterham with it's modeled cockpit looks really great in 3D.

A missing cockpit view is what has been keeping me from using standard cars, but I'll definitely do that now. Even those simple black shapes do enough to provide a semblance of a look out of a cockpit - with the visual obstructions whose missing presence in bumber/hood cam always makes me feel I'm cheating in those views - to make a huge difference for me.

As for the supposed improved physics. Some of the cars do feel a little more alive to me than they did before (using a Logitech G25) but for now I'll assume there's a good 95% chance that's just my imagination playing tricks on me :).

Overall though this feels like a fantastic update - just the standard car interior views and the vastly improved track loading times alone will have a huge impact on my enjoyment of the game.
Some new tracks in DLC (cars wouldn't hurt either, but I'm not desperately missing any) and I'll be playing GT5 for a long time to come.

In cockpit on Standard car.
The blacked out closed cockpit versions look bad. Not good at all. really bad, ok crap.
The open cockpit look fine as they had to be modelled when they went passed the camera any way but there is something of about the FGT, think its that the steering wheel has only the basic animations, rotate and gear change.

I don't get what people expected. Seems to me, most people think adding cockpit view to every car is a simple task to accomplish. I really prefer this to bumper cam. Bumper cam, although it lets you see everything really well which I enjoy, it isn't anything close to using cockpit view, whether or not there's detail. I also think people underestimate how clean the standards are for "last-gen". 1080i isn't so last gen, and at least, GT has the only game developer that was able to produce 1080i gameplay out of a PS2 or Xbox game.

With this update, I will finally feel like I have more options to choose. The track options are just amazing.

All in all, I gave it an 8, would have been an 8.5 if we got to choose what we want for the HUD. I can't stand having all those other unnecessary things to look at. All I need is the Rev. Meter and speedometer. I would hope that more people bring this up because I know a lot of people agree about this, but I don't think enough noise has been made about it.

First off, I can be tough to please with racing games, especially the GT series.

Right off the bat, I noticed a huge improvement in physics. I drive with the Logitech DFGT wheel, so I feel like I can comment on this. Those of you that drive with the controller can't really comment on the physics because you can't "feel" the car.

What I used to notice is that there was a seemingly spring-loaded effect on the wheel to return to center, and when it did return to center, there was a distinct hardness in the wheel right when it passed through the middle of the wheel, i.e. tires going from right turn to left turn. It made it very easy to over-correct when trying to save the car from a spin, and made drifting nearly impossible. That sensation seems to be gone, so counter-steering, and overall driving is a lot more intuitive. Those of you that have played Shift 2, it feels a lot more like the controls in that, which is a good thing. They've struck a good balance here.

To the standard cockpits/dashboards. While yes, they are very simple, I find the standard cars to be 10 times more enjoyable to drive simply because of the perspective. You also get that shakiness in the camera that you get when in the cockpit of the premium models. Most of the time, you are concentrating on your line anyways, and the perspective helps, and you don't notice that it's just a flat black. The first two standard cars I drove were the RUF and then Chapparal 2D, and both of the interior views were positioned correctly, with the "outline" of the inside of the car in the correct spot. They are all unique in that the outline that you see is specific to that car.

A/I: Noticeable improvement. Two things used to bother me a lot. One was that cars seemed to almost never pass you, and the other was that they would drive at race pace in the straights and slow down severely for the corners. This has been improved. I took the new GTR and raced the 24H Nurburgring Dream car race, and had a hell of a battle with the Raybrig NSX for 6th position. He would pass me on certain portions, and I would pass him on certain portions. I was forced to think how I was going to pass him. Also, before the race loaded, it appeared that the computer calculated which order to place the cars based on their speed, kind of like a mock-qualifying and placed me in 7th which was correct based on the pace of my car. If this truly is the case it is a great addition.

Overall, I rate 2.0 at around an 8. It would be closer to a 9 or 10 if even some of the standard interiors had some detail/depth to them. I'm back to GT5 for now!

10, it makes the game feel new again, the different camera angles before starting a race, fast loading times, new cars, and overall improved. I love it!!! :D I just hope though more DLC's will come though.

Overall , is a good update . I like the standard cars interior, I feel like driving them now !

Only bad thing ,is there is no actual improvment in the menus. Car selection in Arcade mode is still bad ,unlike the awesome GT4 car selection menu

There are a lot of good features as mentioned above. Multiple tunes for cars is way overdue and a great addition. One thing they epic failed on is the new restrictions for limiting participants in online races. You can specify certain manufacturers or Gt500 for example, but within that restriction you can't limit hp/weight or pp, so once you pick "Ferrari" for example it's a free for all with no limits. That part of the update, which held so much promise, is just about completely useless.

The best part off this update is the no tuning button.Online single make championships are going to be awesome from now on.No single racer will have an advantage over other players who have issues setting up cars.All in all very impressed 10/10.Now with a download button in the menus u know that dlc1 is just the start.

I love the cockpits. I can now use standards.

The AI have just become great and have given me 32 laps of pure racing. One of them even overtook me while drifting.

The in-race saves I'm happy about for others wanting it, not too bothered myself.

Setting sheets are great. Saves me having sets of the same car with different tunes.

UI is a lot faster. Nice

Physics are better in my opinion. Braking, cornering and accelerating traction seems more realistic.

Other stuff is OK

Back