- "Go!" - SFGTP5 - Results & Photos Thread (More photos than results as yet...!)

Can I report the last couple of pages as being off-topic (lol)!?

Only if I can report that there are no results up yet hahaha. Nothin' but love for ya Nick :)

Jerome

Only if I can report that there are no results up yet hahaha. Nothin' but love for ya Nick :)

Jerome

Forget the final results. I was having so much fun I can't even remember which events I won or came in as. I was just glad to actually being thier with a bunch of characters racing each other and hearing thier side remarks for every race incident live and in person. You guys are the greatest, as one of the girls put it, "Dorks" to be racing with. So let's start a new post on possible dates for the next one and see how many want to attend.

I was having so much fun I can't even remember which events I won or came in as.

I know. I even spaced on writing twice about favorite races. Absolutely had the time of my life. Thanks to all involved.

I have started dropping hints to people around here, CoCo county, about an event at my place. Need to get the truck out of the shop first. Damn thing takes up a lot of floor space. Nick, you willing to give a hand with race planning? I'll get some warm bodies together, ie victims, and maybe Ramon can help with a few seats. Keep it small to start, 6 people for just one day?

Anyway i have been running the snot out of my GT4. Too tired tonight, but i can feel it pulling at me out there in the living room. Can't wait for the next one.

Hey Nick, you listening? haha!

Oh, I just got back from the cruise. Got you guys an Igloo. Let me know if you want to get together. I also have some extra padding for your RIGG.

*Posting from England...*
Being as I grossly overestimated how much racing we'd get through, I somewhat overestimated what I needed to plan for SFGTP5, thus I've got plenty already prepared for SFGTP6, a 5 car handicap, 3 Pick'n'Mixes and it'd be pretty easy to come up with with a Dutcho selection of 18 - 24 cars depending on how many racers are coming.

Will think more about it when I get back in mid-August, but end of November is looking likely. What does everyone have planned around Thanksgiving? (Apart from vast overconsumption of turkey?)

*Posting from England...*
Being as I grossly overestimated how much racing we'd get through, I somewhat overestimated what I needed to plan for SFGTP5, thus I've got plenty already prepared for SFGTP6, a 5 car handicap, 3 Pick'n'Mixes and it'd be pretty easy to come up with with a Dutcho selection of 18 - 24 cars depending on how many racers are coming.

Will think more about it when I get back in mid-August, but end of November is looking likely. What does everyone have planned around Thanksgiving? (Apart from vast overconsumption of turkey?)

Sounds like a vast amount of racing hopefully!!!! Oh! yeah we have to find something for the girls to do too maybe DDR competition or Singing star...LOL that way they don't get to just sit around and call us a bunch of "DORK's"

Last edited:
What does everyone have planned around Thanksgiving? (Apart from vast overconsumption of turkey?)

I for one would rather wait until GT5 comes out before another event happens Maybe have one soon after the holidays (assuming it comes out in Dec.). You can even have us guys over as a treat for Rachel on Valentine's Day Weekend :dopey:

Jerome

Still no results? :nervous: Did you forget about us lowly pheasants? :)

Jerome

Ah, er, ahem, yes, er, well, ah, results you say? Ah, er *bolts for the exit!*

As yet I've not got around to them. Was distracted by abundance of free beer / wine / whisky on the BA flight back to England and their excellent seatback entertainments in World Traveller Plus section, ditto the journey home... so I didn't start compiling them yet.
I've begun my last push for 100,000 A-spec points now, as I really must get that done before GT5 finally arrives, and given that I'll be on vacation for 2 weeks of September I need to get a move on!

They'll be forthcoming soon enough...

Anyone interested in a final hurrah for GT4, SFGTP6 on Thanksgiving weekend? Nov 28th & 29th?

Sounds do-able. HOPEFULLY by then. I'll have the Comet up and running and have my license. The license bit is just getting up and going to the DMV. It's just so intimidating. My parents refuse to go with me for some reason, so I'd be there by myself. But again. as the past 2 SFGTP's put me as a maybe but leaning more towards to the definite side this time.

Anyone interested in a final hurrah for GT4, SFGTP6 on Thanksgiving weekend? Nov 28th & 29th?

I'm in if y'all can deal with me again. How about I promise to quite eating granola the week prior to the event?

Was hoping to put something together for friends in my area, but with the tranny/rear end issues I just went through, I think i will hold off.

Hey Nick, I'm in but seems some of us want to hold off until GT5 is out so I was wondering how many in our group has PS3 and actually go online with GT5p. If you already have a PS3 we could even start our own SFGT online races.

I'll most likely be in Vegas, so I think I would be out.

Will let you know if that changes. đź‘Ť

GT5P is SO OLD :P I'm game for it, we can coordinate what time to meet up and in what cars and such. Even if GT5 has great online play and private rooms and such, I'd still want to fly down for the SFGT5 events :) Nick is a great host, I've gotta admit that đź‘Ť

Jerome

GT5P is SO OLD :P I'm game for it, we can coordinate what time to meet up and in what cars and such. Even if GT5 has great online play and private rooms and such, I'd still want to fly down for the SFGT5 events :) Nick is a great host, I've gotta admit that đź‘Ť

Jerome

Even if GT5 has online play there's no way it can replace meeting with a bunch of guys to do LAN racing. It's just the social part that makes it so great.đź‘Ť

What about me?! :sly:

...and the pretties! :bowdown:

Last edited:
Well said man! Plus Kevin's beers man o man those alone are worth the trip.

Jerome

Still no results? :nervous: Did you forget about us lowly pheasants? :)

Jerome
Relax, Jerome, you didn't win any races this time :lol:.

Chances are that I'll have to pass on the next gathering...I'll be house-hunting in October/November, and my sister is having a wedding party 11,000 miles away next year :). Maybe I should ask my new boss for a raise :lol:.

GT5P is SO OLD :P I'm game for it, we can coordinate what time to meet up and in what cars and such.

Jerome

Hey Nick are you game? It's a good time to buy the new slim PS3 then you can start coordinating the online races. Unless someone in our group wants to volunteer to be race coordinator. A little practice for online races until we get our private room in the full version of GT5.

I'll reiterate again: It's not happening with GT5:P.
Limited car selection + Exceedingly small track selection = Lame.

Also if you're going to wait until real GT5, then we're going to need around 6 - 8 months for everyone to get a grip of the game, unlock cars, tracks, etc., before it's even conceivable for me to try and start testing similar sets of vehicles for LAN racing assuming it's even going to be possible to LAN with PS3s, which isn't an outright certainty at the moment.

I've still got outstanding goals within GT4 to finish before I'll consider buying a PS3, and with vacation coming up and other things on my plate to organise I'm not really up for taking on anything else at the moment. :indiff:

You guys that're interested and have PS3/GT5:P go ahead and set it up amongst yourselves if you wish.

I'll reiterate again: It's not happening with GT5:P.
Limited car selection + Exceedingly small track selection = Lame.

I've still got outstanding goals within GT4 to finish.

You guys that're interested and have PS3/GT5:P go ahead and set it up amongst yourselves if you wish.

WOW! okay, "GT4 Fanboy"....just kidding. LOL

Back