GOOD "Techno" tracks........House/Trance...ect...Music 

• Thread starter Option2
  • 85 comments
Originally posted by slip2rock
hahahahaaa

Damn, guess he had a sense of humour failure.

hahahahaaa?

dude get a new laugh :P

Try Downloading eddy murphy - deleroius
I think thats the one where he disses T

:lol:
Yeah that bit was funny!

Mr T: I hear you been tellin jokes about me.
EM: (uses the jedi mind trick) no I didnt.
Mr T: Im gonna kill the foo who tell me dem lies.

All right members, lets get back on topic. The current Topic at hand is:

GOOD "Techno" tracks........House/Trance...ect...

If you want a thread on the educational discussion of "E", then make a thread on it, and you will be shown that a good time for a period of time can be traded for long term ill effects.

If you want a thread to discuss Mr. "T", then by all means, do so. Make your Mr. "T" thread.

Now, for my interpretations of "this" kind of music, I wouldn't go as far as calling DJ's or Spinners, musicians, but I would call them artists, as they sculp sounds of other musicians. I've been away from this type of electronic drum loop, synth generated music for quite some time. Actually, I really haven't heard much since I got rid of my Rockford 15's out of my Toyota. A person's opinion of what "Good" music might be is totally subjective to a personal view of genuine interest of the production of the music or what is currently "Trendy" at that particular point in time.

What I would like to see is a reply from Option2 as to why he considers his list as a "Good" list. What makes it "Good"?

:cheers:

Expect an in-depth reply from me probably Sunday night or Monday morning, as I'm leaving for the Mr Olympia early Saturday morning (super early).

Originally posted by Option2
Expect an in-depth reply from me probably Sunday night or Monday morning, as I'm leaving for the Mr Olympia early Saturday morning (super early).

arnold.jpg

:lol:

What makes the tracks I posted "good" as opposed to "sarina paris/Sandstorm/feel the beat/" type stuff? The sarina paris/darude stuff is CHEESE. It's by artists who arn't artists, they're not DJ's, and they're very poor producers. It's like Alice Deejay, it's catchy **** you like to hear on the radio, but the only club you'll hear it in is Chucky Cheese.

I posted good examples of various genre's of "Techno" (but I didn't post ANY actuall Techno tracks...how ironic). It annoys me to see kids running around saying they like "Techno" and this and that "techno" song is great.....when it's actually just a poorly produced Synth-Pop song.

I posted this thread to show/expose ppl to good examples of House, Hard House, Trance, and Hard Trance.....the stuff they'd think of as Techno.

What makes Sandstorm Techno? b/c it was created with a synth? So are all the beats for NSYNC, Britney Spears, and some of Depeche Mode...Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park use DJ's, does that make them Techno?...............No.

So good Techno is more of a process then a genrea. Interesting, as people usually classify music within their groups of particular styles based on other common sytles of music, but what I'm hearing you say is that "Good" techno is taking synth pop, ect...and making it Techno by their mix, live, in front of the house. Am I understanding you correctly? So your list is more of "Good" DJ's and "Good" producer's than actually "good" music?

Just looking for some clarification...

:cheers:

I don't understand what you're asking..

????

That list is a mix of both good DJ's (most are house) as well as good producers (most trance DJ's arn't very good dj's, but are great producers).

What makes the tracks I posted "good" as opposed to "sarina paris/Sandstorm/feel the beat/" type stuff? The sarina paris/darude stuff is CHEESE. It's by artists who arn't artists, they're not DJ's, and they're very poor producers. It's like Alice Deejay, it's catchy **** you like to hear on the radio, but the only club you'll hear it in is Chucky Cheese.

I guess what I was hoping for was what makes it cheese. You know, I mean anyone can say that "those guys suck", but what I was looking for I guess is "those guys suck because their phrasing is inconsistant. The rythms seam to be just thown together in a random array of beats with no real drive. The synths sounds are outdated and over used. The mix is unbalanced with too much emphisis on the Korg d12's 'trippy' effects without really getting the point accross and making the mix muddy. The kit's samples have been used for the last 10 years and they failed to even take the time to make up original bass lines..." Is kinda what I was after.

I posted good examples of various genre's of "Techno" (but I didn't post ANY actuall Techno tracks...how ironic).

This is why I thought you were actually talking about the DJ's that made "good" techno "good". It wasn't the tracks themselves, but the actual arrangement made by the DJ's that made them "good".

Hey Op can you give me some electronica tracks with some good bass in it? My friend just hooked up a sweet system in his car. There are 3 15's and 2 12's in the trunk. We need some bass. Can you help?

I honestly don't quite know how to answer Pako's question.

Deep bass?....Check out "Silence" by Delirium or "road rage" by Dieselboy. Silence has Sarah McGlau-fin (hell, i can't spell her name..lol ) singing vocals......Sounded GREAT in my old system.

I'll look for some more choice tracks and post'em tonight or tomarrow.

If you want some gooooooood Techno, check out some live mixes of Danny Howells. Specifically "Danny Howells Live @ Tel Aviv". Danny's the deffinetition of "kinky funk" techno. The man BEATS IT on the dancefloor. Big Bang'n Beats, with nice female vocals.

Deep bass?....Check out "Silence" by Delirium or "road rage" by Dieselboy. Silence has Sarah McGlau-fin (hell, i can't spell her name..lol ) singing vocals......Sounded GREAT in my old system.

sorry but i can't spell anynames, "sarina paris" "darood"??

yO streetracer,check out "Rachels Song" by Vangelis. It's an aria (oprea, by a female vocalist) , but it sounds I C R E D I B L E.

KaZaa is were I get them from. Any file sharing site should have em.

Back