GPS Data Visualizer app.

• Thread starter pzkpfw
  • 88 comments
If you really want to compare this feature to an iPod, you still lose. The iPod was released in several countries, and even if you weren't living in one of those countries, you could still purchase one through other channels. You don't need a special iPod computer to use your iPod, it will work on most semi-modern PC's. You did need to use Apple software, but you didn't have to use the iTunes Store. So while still somewhat restricted, it was nothing like the new feature in GT6.
I've been admonished to stop double posting and to use the edit button (not so easy on the iPhone sometimes). So I'm outta here.

You're right about the iPod, and I threw that in to troll for a reaction. Although when it was first introduced, there was no windows version of iTunes, and even Apple users thought it was useless. It's not completely irrelevant as an example, but I would classify it as an orange to your apple.

Bye!

I've been admonished to stop double posting and to use the edit button (not so easy on the iPhone sometimes). So I'm outta here.

You're right about the iPod, and I threw that in to troll for a reaction. Although when it was first introduced, there was no windows version of iTunes, and even Apple users thought it was useless. It's not completely irrelevant as an example, but I would classify it as an orange to your apple.

Bye!
Have a good night, I hope you enjoy using that new GT6 feature you're so happy about...oh, wait...you can't...

I’ve tried in another thread to discuss this but was met with basically “you’re an idiot”. I’m willing to give it another go but with a different approach. Let’s do this, very simple:

Jbaffoh is implying that this GPS Visualiser is useful now but only for those over in Japan with a specific car and option, even though it specially reads “This feature allows YOU to import data” Says nothing about “at a later time” or some variation. Fine.

Also that we the player can race someone who has created a lap and uploaded it for us to analyze and chase down on the track. Fine

All that’s great....

So here’s the catch... is that REAL driver driving a car with “glitched” camber? No
Is Gran Turismo 6, at it’s current state running with a proper Suspension model. No
As seen
here using the new data logger we see that camber is still an issue.
So how exactly will I be able to simulate, learn and gain experience from a REAL driver with a game that is not in proper form?

The issue here is that not only can a very, very small minority of people use this feature AFTER June 2nd (still two months away), now the people who can, will not be able to accurately compare their Real vs Virtual experience.

What may have been a better approach was not to sell out to advertising a product, but get feature that are most requested from the Suggestion Section of GTPlanet, things that most if not all people can use. Then while the community is busy with that, you can work on a less requested and accessible features. I am NOT part of the “this is useless” club because yes this is neat technology and a good step in the future. But in today’s day, in this economy, do you really think can just drop hundreds of dollars on the tools needed like this GPS Visualiser?

We are not talking about phones and VCR’s. Those are single pieces of technology that you either had because you could afford it or didn’t. This is a piece an entertainment, with many different features. Everything has a time and a place. Is right now really that time for this GPS Visualiser? For me it’s a no, not right now. When it’s more world wide, possibly. There are other pressing issues. Let’s take out the new future goodies out of the equation, there are problems with the core of the game, and not just the camber or “tire bug”. It’s like having a pimped out car and an engine on it’s last leg.

You know, there’s a part of me that thinks something big will happen when the new competition is released in Project Cars. They need a reason to keep things fresh and new. Maybe Spec 2.0? Something to bring you back like the things most requested. Things with more of an impact and exciting. Hopefully it’s not too late by then. There’s got to be a reason why things from the previous games take longer to bring back rather than new stuff. Priorities are the problem, not the ideas.

I’ve tried in another thread to discuss this but was met with basically “you’re an idiot”. I’m willing to give it another go but with a different approach. Let’s do this, very simple:

Jbaffoh is implying that this GPS Visualiser is useful now but only for those over in Japan with a specific car and option, even though it specially reads “This feature allows YOU to import data” Says nothing about “at a later time” or some variation. Fine.

Also that we the player can race someone who has created a lap and uploaded it for us to analyze and chase down on the track. Fine

All that’s great....

So here’s the catch... is that REAL driver driving a car with “glitched” camber? No
Is Gran Turismo 6, at it’s current state running with a proper Suspension model. No
As seen
here using the new data logger we see that camber is still an issue.
So how exactly will I be able to simulate, learn and gain experience from a REAL driver with a game that is not in proper form?

The issue here is that not only can a very, very small minority of people use this feature AFTER June 2nd (still two months away), now the people who can, will not be able to accurately compare their Real vs Virtual experience.

What may have been a better approach was not to sell out to advertising a product, but get feature that are most requested from the Suggestion Section of GTPlanet, things that most if not all people can use. Then while the community is busy with that, you can work on a less requested and accessible features. I am NOT part of the “this is useless” club because yes this is neat technology and a good step in the future. But in today’s day, in this economy, do you really think can just drop hundreds of dollars on the tools needed like this GPS Visualiser?

We are not talking about phones and VCR’s. Those are single pieces of technology that you either had because you could afford it or didn’t. This is a piece an entertainment, with many different features. Everything has a time and a place. Is right now really that time for this GPS Visualiser? For me it’s a no, not right now. When it’s more world wide, possibly. There are other pressing issues. Let’s take out the new future goodies out of the equation, there are problems with the core of the game, and not just the camber or “tire bug”. It’s like having a pimped out car and an engine on it’s last leg.

You know, there’s a part of me that thinks something big will happen when the new competition is released in Project Cars. They need a reason to keep things fresh and new. Maybe Spec 2.0? Something to bring you back like the things most requested. Things with more of an impact and exciting. Hopefully it’s not too late by then. There’s got to be a reason why things from the previous games take longer to bring back rather than new stuff. Priorities are the problem, not the ideas.
Well, for the record, Jbaffoh did not imply this was useful now. To the contrary, I flatly stated that it is absolutely useless at this point in time. But like the overpriced early VCR's that had limited access to media (for entertainment, no less), it needed introduction to the market before both the market and the product evolved into something useful for nearly every household. Gotta start somewhere.

I do not believe the use of this feature will be limited to GT-86 drivers in Japan with the funds to equip their car. If that's PD's plan, then it's absurd. Rather, I would imagine race cars around the world would be outfitted so we can download their races and chase them instead of AI. Or, more cars will gain capability, or smartphones, and we can all share our real world laps. I think every one of us will benefit from this feature, even if we never capture anything from our own cars.

I have a hunch this is just the tip of a cool iceberg. Perhaps it will be incorporated into community features or a track editor in the next major update. Who knows?Maybe I'm very wrong. All I know is that this is a small part of a minor 0.01 incremental update.

I understand the arguments that resources should be used to fix the existing flaws in the game. I agree, as stated in earlier posts. But we don't know how PD is staffed, do we? What teams are working on what? What obstacles stand in the way? How close they are to fixing the big issues? How close they are to v1.5, 2.0, etc? It's pure speculation to say the GPS team somehow delayed the camber team, or whatever.

Bottom line? There are many things to complain about, but I don't think this budding feature is one of them.

Well, for the record, Jbaffoh did not imply this was useful now. To the contrary, I flatly stated that it is absolutely useless at this point in time. But like the overpriced early VCR's that had limited access to media (for entertainment, no less), it needed introduction to the market before both the market and the product evolved into something useful for nearly every household. Gotta start somewhere.

I do not believe the use of this feature will be limited to GT-86 drivers in Japan with the funds to equip their car. If that's PD's plan, then it's absurd. Rather, I would imagine race cars around the world would be outfitted so we can download their races and chase them instead of AI. Or, more cars will gain capability, or smartphones, and we can all share our real world laps. I think every one of us will benefit from this feature, even if we never capture anything from our own cars.

I have a hunch this is just the tip of a cool iceberg. Perhaps it will be incorporated into community features or a track editor in the next major update. Who knows?Maybe I'm very wrong. All I know is that this is a small part of a minor 0.01 incremental update.

I understand the arguments that resources should be used to fix the existing flaws in the game. I agree, as stated in earlier posts. But we don't know how PD is staffed, do we? What teams are working on what? What obstacles stand in the way? How close they are to fixing the big issues? How close they are to v1.5, 2.0, etc? It's pure speculation to say the GPS team somehow delayed the camber team, or whatever.

Bottom line? There are many things to complain about, but I don't think this budding feature is one of them.
Talking about yourself in the 3rd person? Very cool. What happened? Couldn't sleep? You said you're done and you said bye, but now you're back.

You still can't compare VHS to this new feature. So stop making comparisons to other technology, just because it makes sense in your head, it doesn't mean that it makes sense in real life.

PD released a feature that 99% of its current users are not able to use. So how is this beneficial to you? You are making assumptions on what you will be able to do in the future with it, but there is no basis for your assumptions.

When VHS came out, you bought it, brought it home, hooked it up and played a VHS movie. With this new feature in its current state, you need to be in Japan, on one of three tracks, in a specially outfitted Toyota 86. How is this beneficial to you? Please don't make assumptions on what this feature will do in the future as you don't have a clue just like the rest of us, and those who know, aren't saying much.

Here is the official press release from Toyota: http://newsroom.toyota.co.jp/en/detail/1507891/
It won't even be available until June 2nd, over a month and a half away from now. The price is US $900 at today's conversion rate, not including the price of the Toyota 86. So...again...it's completely useless at this time.

They could have implemented real life racer laps into ghost replays that we could have downloaded, but they didn't.

Last edited:
Apparently not. I agreed that there are more urgently needed fixes and additions to the game. I'm also not sure where you picked up the "fantastic" quote, or why you added "sic."

sic
/sik; English sɪk/ word, phrase, passage, etc., that may appear strange or incorrect has been written intentionally or has been quoted verbatim:

I'm just taking issue with the notions that (1) it's a dumb idea nobody will use, (2) that it's presence now is in any way harmful to your gaming experience, and (3) that this somehow delayed other promised or needed features.

I will address each point in turn.

1) As it is currently presented only a handful of people will be able to use it. Therefore "a dumb idea".
2) Yes, it is harmful because time and energy has been expended at PD when it could have been directed towards fixing real urgent issues.
3) See above in #2

When I originally read about this idea of a "GPS Tracker" and downloadable app. I thought what a great idea. Just run around your favourite piece of road, upload this to GT6 and it would use Course Creator to produce a track. I thought it would probably just overlay it on Google maps but that would still be fine. That way you could show your friends some of the roads you actually drive on. I am now a little bit underwhelmed by what has been presented and yes, to recap, it is a dumb idea in my opinion.

I hope that clears things up.

Deifie, why do you keep repeating yourself and going on about things I've already conceded? Please try to read and understand. For the third time; yes, this is useless to me at the moment.

Also, pay attention. As I already explained, you could not rent a movie when VHS came out. Just like you can't input your car's data (yet) in GT6.

You're accusing me of speculation? How astute! It should be obvious that I conceded that several times. I'm speculating the glass is half full, while you're speculating that it will remain bone dry. Since I've gotta believe that the creator of a game you obviously care enough about to relentlessly post here must have some rationality to obtain this following, I'm betting that rationality will result in some usefull fluid in the glass instead of dust. But as I have frequently conceded here, I could be wrong.

I don't know your level of education or what line of work you're in, if any, but you seem to have extreme difficulty comprehending the written word and the abstract ideas to which they relate.

I am done typing to you. My previous response was to somebody else--not you. And why on Earth would you think I went to bed? The sun had not even set here. I know you need to have the last word, but I ask that you limit it to things I actually said, including the contextual caveats such as "perhaps" or "similar to," or "I could be wrong," or "if, then," etc. Don't make up stuff about my bedtime, or suggest I ever said this feature is useful to me today, or anything else you've imagined. And before you attempt to distinguish my analogies again, read them, think, and then look up the definition of analogy. Ok, carry on.

Deifie, why do you keep repeating yourself and going on about things I've already conceded? Please try to read and understand. For the third time; yes, this is useless to me at the moment.

Also, pay attention. As I already explained, you could not rent a movie when VHS came out. Just like you can't input your car's data (yet) in GT6.

You're accusing me of speculation? How astute! It should be obvious that I conceded that several times. I'm speculating the glass is half full, while you're speculating that it will remain bone dry. Since I've gotta believe that the creator of a game you obviously care enough about to relentlessly post here must have some rationality to obtain this following, I'm betting that rationality will result in some usefull fluid in the glass instead of dust. But as I have frequently conceded here, I could be wrong.

I don't know your level of education or what line of work you're in, if any, but you seem to have extreme difficulty comprehending the written word and the abstract ideas to which they relate.

I am done typing to you. My previous response was to somebody else--not you. And why on Earth would you think I went to bed? The sun had not even set here. I know you need to have the last word, but I ask that you limit it to things I actually said, including the contextual caveats such as "perhaps" or "similar to," or "I could be wrong," or "if, then," etc. Don't make up stuff about my bedtime, or suggest I ever said this feature is useful to me today, or anything else you've imagined. And before you attempt to distinguish my analogies again, read them, think, and then look up the definition of analogy. Ok, carry on.
You tell me to pay attention, but you can't even spell my screen name properly. I never said the glass will remain bone dry, that's just you speculating again. Your posts demonstrated that you have a problem with English comprehension as you misunderstood my posts several times. What I don't understand is how you constantly bring in comparisons to VHS or other technologies which shouldn't even be compared to the new feature. I have to keep repeating myself, you somehow don't understand what I'm writing, so maybe reading it a few times over will help you.

sic
/sik; English sɪk/ word, phrase, passage, etc., that may appear strange or incorrect has been written intentionally or has been quoted verbatim:

Gee, thanks.

You introduce a word into a debate, put scare quotes around your own word, and then (sic) it to indicate your own useage is improper. In all my years of journalism courses and 28 years of law practice, I've never seen that. Here, it is used to indicate a misspelling or improper useage is being faithfully quoted from original text created by someone else.

Gee, thanks.

You introduce a word into a debate, put scare quotes around your own word, and then (sic) it to indicate your own useage is improper. In all my years of journalism courses and 28 years of law practice, I've never seen that. Here, it is used to indicate a misspelling or improper useage is being faithfully quoted from original text created by someone else.
You asked and he answered. The word he used was fantastic, I'm sure it was meant as sarcasm, or an incorrect fact, for which "(sic)" is somewhat accepted.

You really love tooting your own horn don't you? First implying I might not have a job (I do, and I make a pretty good wage), the boasting about your years of journalism and 28 years of law practice. Who cares about all that? Does that make you any better than any of us? You seem really keen on attacking people who don't agree with your point of view. You couldn't understand what I was writing about, you tried to twist my own words, told me to pay attention when clearly you can't do the same, and since I didn't let you off so easily, you go after someone else. Pretty petty stuff from an old man.

What do you call 1,000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?...A good start.

I hope your law cases went smoother than this thread. How many times did you use a VHS analogy in court?

Forget it with those two. Go have a glass of wine or a beer.
Hah! Why do you think I keep posting! (Actually, whiskey.) I think it's pretty clear somebody lied about his age on his profile, though, don't you?

The (sic) is a daily staple in my line of work--hence the reference to my experience, and the reason why it was misused, in my opinion. In my line of work, one must establish the qualifications of an expert witness before they can testify. I have no horn to toot, except to the extent that in the context of my (sic) using life, I've never seen it misused like this.

Anyway, your advice is sage, and loud & clear. Cheers!

You asked and he answered. The word he used was fantastic, I'm sure it was meant as sarcasm, or an incorrect fact, for which "(sic)" is somewhat accepted.

You really love tooting your own horn don't you? First implying I might not have a job (I do, and I make a pretty good wage), the boasting about your years of journalism and 28 years of law practice. Who cares about all that? Does that make you any better than any of us? You seem really keen on attacking people who don't agree with your point of view. You couldn't understand what I was writing about, you tried to twist my own words, told me to pay attention when clearly you can't do the same, and since I didn't let you off so easily, you go after someone else. Pretty petty stuff from an old man.

What do you call 1,000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?...A good start.

I hope your law cases went smoother than this thread. How many times did you use a VHS analogy in court?
Clearly,not directed at you. Calling someone an old man? Hey what part of Canada do you live in ,Toronto? I live in Guelph,Ontario, just down the 401,maybe when the weather is better, I can hop on my HOG and we can hook up. If you ever visit this area, please feel free to come by or PM me, for a drink. Have a nice night.:cheers:

Gee, thanks.

Yep, got it in one. I was acknowledging my improper use of a word :-) Even though that word was never actually used I could not quote it but in essence it was the interpretation I got from reading the post I was responding to. I basically used a word that over simplified another's position that he had not used.

Your right, but it should have started AND stayed at Toyota, just like self parking cars and cars that stop on their own if to close to another vehicle. I didn’t see Volvo or any other company run to Sony during the GT5 days and say “hey let’s test this in the video game”. “It will help inexperienced drivers learn how to brake properly”, or some gimmicky excuse. Why make (random numbers) 10 people happy when you can make 1,000’s happy.

I know it’s not the “official” reason but wasn’t the whole idea of a PS3 release over PS4 to attract a larger crowd? Not being disrespectful, but if “Gotta start somewhere” is the excuse from PD, then they could have started with a PS4 release of their next GT. What's another year right? Too little RAM, hard to program, so on and so on are crummy excuses not to produce a proper game. Why is this GPS ok to wait for, but not a properly functioning simulator. We know the answer and it stinks. Hint $$$ > integrity.

I agree it would be silly just to have it only in Japan. As you say it will be expanded upon as time goes by, that’s a given. Question is though, why are only Japanese tracks supported initially? Jordan’s experience seemed pretty good at Willow Springs and I believe he said there was a few bugs, not a disaster.

You are not wrong in that this GPS stuff will be neat. You know how to solve all this though. One magical word, COMMUNICATION. Like the current competition does. People in the community can express their opinions and assumptions all they want on both sides, but at the end of the day, it’s up to PD to set the record straight. They had no problems doing an event at Silverstone or E3. Now they got the money “ha, ha suckers”?

Think of it like this: when you tell an elderly family member “you shouldn’t do that” automatically you are wrong. But if the Doctor says the same thing, the Doctor is right. I know, I’m living it. I’m sure most would agree we’d like to hear from the Dr. Kaz and not GTPlanet member #9875104824683 the direction with the series and future updates. Then there would be much, much less complaining. What else do we have to discuss/complain about? They (Sony/PD) make the decisions, not us on what’s “best for business”. We just react.

Hah! Why do you think I keep posting! (Actually, whiskey.) I think it's pretty clear somebody lied about his age on his profile, though, don't you?

The (sic) is a daily staple in my line of work--hence the reference to my experience, and the reason why it was misused, in my opinion. In my line of work, one must establish the qualifications of an expert witness before they can testify. I have no horn to toot, except to the extent that in the context of my (sic) using life, I've never seen it misused like this.

Anyway, your advice is sage, and loud & clear. Cheers!
Lied about my age? Lol...wild assumptions again. You need to give it a rest.

Clearly,not directed at you. Calling someone an old man? Hey what part of Canada do you live in ,Toronto? I live in Guelph,Ontario, just down the 401,maybe when the weather is better, I can hop on my HOG and we can hook up. If you ever visit this area, please feel free to come by or PM me, for a drink. Have a nice night.:cheers:
A few weeks ago you didn't want me to message you, now you start talking about your hog and you want to have a drink? Not likely.

Last edited:
Just logged in after more than 3 weeks of non-activity to see if this months update is released. i see an update for nearly 300 meg and hope that more content or course creator has been added only to find something nobody can use....the logic escapes me :s

I truly believe PD employs trained chimpanzees, there is no other explanation that can account for GT6, or any of the updates.

One magical word, COMMUNICATION. .

Ahhhhh.... if only PD and Kaz would pick up on this sage advice :-(

What is sooooooooooo hard about having a weekly update from PD on their website?

Here is an example of what some of the latest news releases should have been.

We were working on the course maker software but thought we would suck up to Toyota instead and showcase a useless device for 99.99% of GT6 users. Further, we were going to release more tracks and cars but just couldn't be bothered. Kaz thought it more important to big note himself in online doccos. As far as 1.06 update goes, well, we let the work experience kid do it again with the corresponding errors included in the release. We then had to get a senior programmer away from the Sake bottle long enough to introduce a Hot Fix. Regarding all the bugs and glitches that are still in the game, we still just can't be bothered. There will be a new work experience kid in the office in 2 weeks and we will let him have a go so expect more retrograde updates out soon. We have had pressure put on us by Red Bull so expect a time trial at the GT Arena using X10 fan car on comfort hard tyres with no aids in the near future.

Nuff said :-(

Sorry... read the arguments and I still think this is the most useless and misrepresented feature added to a game I have ever heard of...

With so many other features lacking or badly implemented in GT6, to waste an update on this useless crap, aimed at an incredibly small segment of the market is almost fraud in my opinion... it certainly shouldn't have been a forced update

I got the 1.06 update, excited that I might be able to log my laps at Barber Motorsports Park this coming weekend, then replay the track all week with different cars in GT6 - then I read this thread and found out how limited the functionality is.

Now that reality has set in and I realized I cannot use the feature for anything like what I imagined, I will say the following:
- It would be nice to drive any road or track and recreate it in the game!
- I want it to be an open format, that people can record with android phones / GPS / OBD II port technology.
- I want the files to be editable, in order to correct minor road issues
- This BETTER NOT BE specifically licensed to Toyota in some crazy proprietary format only (or I will be steamed)!!!
- I believe the Course Generator in GT5 was better than this new GPS vizualizer feature in GT6. This feature had more potential, but it isn't being harnessed correctly. It should be a course generator where YOU collect the data and feed it into the game!

Maybe it is starting on one car for a few tracks. But eventually expands to many cars and many tracks. It has to start somewhere.

That phone analogy was perfect.

Ahhhhh.... if only PD and Kaz would pick up on this sage advice :-(

What is sooooooooooo hard about having a weekly update from PD on their website?

Nuff said :-(

While weekly updates would be quite nice (and would spoil us), monthly info would be fair. Almost like a news letter of sorts. Nintendo Power comes to mind.

As I've said before pictures, tease trailers (like we had in January), text, anything showing progress, a sneak peak in the studio. No secrets need to be shown.

A picture showing Merlot, Merlot the user name typically used by PD, in a lobby organizing a club event would go along way. What could you get from that? Community features are coming along. The discussion and speculation would be neat.

Something Course Maker related or B-Spec. Just don't have a date attached like the teased track a few months ago. If the check won't clear, don't write it. It really is that simple.

While weekly updates would be quite nice (and would spoil us), monthly info would be fair. Almost like a news letter of sorts. Nintendo Power comes to mind.

As I've said before pictures, tease trailers (like we had in January), text, anything showing progress, a sneak peak in the studio. No secrets need to be shown.

A picture showing Merlot, Merlot the user name typically used by PD, in a lobby organizing a club event would go along way. What could you get from that? Community features are coming along. The discussion and speculation would be neat.

Something Course Maker related or B-Spec. Just don't have a date attached like the teased track a few months ago. If the check won't clear, don't write it. It really is that simple.

Well........... yes and no really. Considering we are supposed to get a DLC pack once a month, with new cars and tracks for the first six months of GT6's life that would essentially negate the need for monthly newsletters. That is why I suggested a weekly update. I mean, all they have to say is "No news this week". Four words didn't take long to write BUT it does show some consideration and attempt at communication. Although, after they wrote that week after week we would be somewhat annoyed as well.

Remember in GT5 we had weekly online race/TT updates.

Bottom line is, PD are just not interested in communication with us and treat us with contempt now that they have our money. They can't even be bothered properly testing there updates!

They then sling us a bone (this GPS Tracker) and think it will keep us happy because it appears they are doing something! A bit like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic ;-)

As useful as mammary glands on a male bovine quadruped! ;-)

Well........... yes and no really. Considering we are supposed to get a DLC pack once a month, with new cars and tracks for the first six months of GT6's life that would essentially negate the need for monthly newsletters. That is why I suggested a weekly update. I mean, all they have to say is "No news this week". Four words didn't take long to write BUT it does show some consideration and attempt at communication. Although, after they wrote that week after week we would be somewhat annoyed as well.

Remember in GT5 we had weekly online race/TT updates.

Bottom line is, PD are just not interested in communication with us and treat us with contempt now that they have our money. They can't even be bothered properly testing there updates!

They then sling us a bone (this GPS Tracker) and think it will keep us happy because it appears they are doing something! A bit like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic ;-)

As useful as mammary glands on a male bovine quadruped! ;-)

Oh I'm not disagreeing with you at all. I'm sorry if it sounded that way. But considering we're not getting anything monthly, I thought that would be the next best thing. Believe me, and I think most would agree, I would very much like to see PD come through with their statements (promises), both before and after release. A simple "date mistake" (which is the reason they chose to stick to) with the Red Bull caused an uproar. Saying "HEY EVERYONE.... we got nothin'" would cause meltdowns meltups. Yes it would get that bad.:lol:

It seems their decisions are more based on the "right now" factor, like most of the "whiny community" is accused of, hence a feature still two whole months away. I hope Toyota of Japan wasn't expecting a flood of customers lining up to buy this car and expensive option. Not every Toyota owner plays Gran Turismo to appreciate such a feature.

Yes I remember the weekly seasonal events. Not making an excuse here, but I feel the reason is because of... well the cars. Look at how the Super Laps are dealt with, most of them are based around a prize car or very cheap model of car. The expensive ones are loaners like the Ferrari FXX and most recent the Tajima E-Runner. Or, they are just lazy. Maybe the constant complaining about the A.I. is also a contributing factor. Sure, they stink most of the time, but I've had a handful of "whew" finishes also.

I want to believe Kaz and team PD cares enough about us, but is just pleasing the powers above. I can't believe PD or a rep for PD would intentionally advertise something like this mysterious track in January, then yank it. And of all people, to have the owner of the largest GT base website to support this announcement/discussion by being the host. That sounds like a move from someone to deep in the money and not in the know.

- This BETTER NOT BE specifically licensed to Toyota in some crazy proprietary format only (or I will be steamed)!!!

Though I like your ideas of use for the course maker, this ^^ is all it is at the moment, and for the next foreseeable months.

Maybe it is starting on one car for a few tracks. But eventually expands to many cars and many tracks. It has to start somewhere.

True, but Toyota are likely to be keeping formats for this feature as an exclusive for themselves and PD for some time before allowing other parties to use it. We now have the Visualiser, but still no-one can use it until June at the earliest. How much longer before the majority of GT6 players can use it freely?

Last edited:
I'm thinking

1) Guy buys car, gets it with the stuff needed. Blah blah blah all the details...

2) Guy drives this car to track & runs some laps and after he uploads the data.

3) The data gets uploaded to GT6 to create a replay ghost. The "replay" is then shared.

4) We all can now race a ghost in GT6 of a run done IRL. Maybe? Eventually?

Does that not sound epic!!! Even if exclusive to 1 car and 3 tracks, just think about it...

5) PD can use the data to further improve the game physics.

4) We all can now race a ghost in GT6 of a run done IRL. Maybe? Eventually?

Does that not sound epic!!! Even if exclusive to 1 car and 3 tracks, just think about it...
Not in the slightest. I don't even use leaderboard ghosts available now. And that doesn't take a whole dang whopping update that is apparently tripping up PS3s across the land to use.

5) PD can use the data to further improve the game physics.

How do you think they build this game? They've already had cars going around using telemetry and cameras and gobs of cool stuff. This is simply useless.

Back