Gr 1 - Prototype Endurance series - which car to buy?

• Thread starter GA 52
  • 60 comments
Norway
Philippines
Good morning all. Any suggestions on which Gr 1 prototype to purchase for the endurance race? (Having fuel consumption and tire-wear in mind). Thanks.

The Porsche 919 is a solid choice, it's very stable and fast compared to its counterparts. However that doesn't include the VGTs so there could be something good or bettee among them.

I did the race with the Porsche as well. With RH tyres, I finished with over 40 seconds up on second place. Great pace, and stability. And besides, after so long waiting for Porsche to arrive... why not? :)

Cheers

I ran it with the Nismo LMP 100% stock , huge front tyre wear as expected , still won with about 60 second margin (1'44 laps average) The race was 34 laps IIRC.

EDIT: 3 stop strategy started on RSS tyres , switched to hards on lap 5

I ran it with the Nismo LMP 100% stock , huge front tyre wear as expected , still won with about 60 second margin (1'44 laps average) The race was 34 laps IIRC.

I bought the Nissan and sold it again, it was fast, no question about that, but i couldn't control the front wheel spin with controller, even with all aids on :embarrassed:.
@GA 52 my favorite is the Porsche 919, it's fast and fairly easy to drive with a controller, at least with all aids on which i always use :).
My second choice is the Toyota TS050 and my third choice is the newest Audi R18.

Last edited:
Obviously I decided to go for the Nissan first. I noted the FF drivetrain. It was horrible to drive and the front tyres degraded faster than anything I have seen in GT Sport. Switched up to the Peugeot HDI and had a much more pleasant experience. Credit to MadMax for persevering with the Nissan and winning.

The Porsche 919 is a solid choice, it's very stable and fast compared to its counterparts. However that doesn't include the VGTs so there could be something good or bettee among them.

The Porsche 919 is by far the fastest Group 1 car, and it is one of the greatest driving experiences you will ever have. The only choice.

Obviously I decided to go for the Nissan first. I noted the FF drivetrain. It was horrible to drive and the front tyres degraded faster than anything I have seen in GT Sport. Switched up to the Peugeot HDI and had a much more pleasant experience. Credit to MadMax for persevering with the Nissan and winning.

Thank you all - very good advises. I bought the 919 - and it is a FAB car to drive! - Which tyres did you prefer to start off with? US, SS or S?
While waiting I tried to start off with RS - then after 1/2 tank pitted changed to RSS until tank empty - then same procedure one more time - last pitting after lap 30 - then back to RSS - winning with 35 seconds ahead - all in all --- 34 laps and 400.000 in my wallet. :)

Last edited:
I had the 919 but had just won the 2016 Audi that day for my daily workout so used that. Started on RH, fuel lean, pitted half way through turned fuel to rich for the duration and pitted when necessary. Easy win.

I did enjoy this race and will do it multiple times. Going to start experimenting with other cars - may even try the nismo after reading you guys on here!

I have not gone near the Gr.1s yet nor left Sport or Lobby. This has piqued my interest though.

Could anybody answer some questions for me.

Do I need to unlock this race (I guess it us in Campaign) or can I just jump straight in?

Which track is the endurance race at?

Gow long does it take to complete? Over and hour?

Thanks

Think I used the original R18 or the TS050, both of which are nice to drive. Just ignored fuel maps and efficiency, and hammered it with two stops on RM tyres. 👍

I have not gone near the Gr.1s yet nor left Sport or Lobby. This has piqued my interest though.

Do I need to unlock this race (I guess it us in Campaign) or can I just jump straight in?

Thanks

It's a Level 30 requirement I think. 1 hour race at Nürburgring GP circuit.

I do wonder how they figured the performance for that thing... maybe I'm being harsh but it seems more like a VGT than an actual LMP1 car, given how it actually performed

I would go with the Toyota, fastest LMP Car right now in GTS, the Porsche is easier to drive but the toyota is a hellfast car cause of top speed

Maybe my comparism video helps

That's because in-game it's using the hybrid system, where it didn't in real life. How it works in GT is a mystery if it's accurate or not since we didn't get to see it run in any race fully functional. It runs on hopes and dreams~

Thanks

GT League mode on Campaign.
Endurance League has only two races, as @baldgye said, is required Emerald level to unlock (level 30)
Both races are one hour races, one with the Porsche 991 GT3 RS road car at Suzuka, and the Gr. 1 Nurburgring GP race.

I would go with the Toyota, fastest LMP Car right now in GTS, the Porsche is easier to drive but the toyota is a hellfast car cause of top speed

Maybe my comparism video helps

Great video - I know this is the Nurb 24 - but where on GTS did you race this Minkihl?

Great video - I know this is the Nurb 24 - but where on GTS did you race this Minkihl?

hey, what exactly you mean with „where on gts you race this?“

I drove it in timetrials if that was the question, captured during my Setup routine

hey, what exactly you mean with „where on gts you race this?“

I drove it in timetrials if that was the question, captured during my Setup routine

I see - I did the Endurance race in "Campaign" (on the top bar in the home section) - and then GT League - then after opening up whats required to play it (Endurance League) - you chose the Prototype Endurance series. Cheers and enjoy! -- :)

Last edited:
Good morning all. Any suggestions on which Gr 1 prototype to purchase for the endurance race? (Having fuel consumption and tire-wear in mind). Thanks.

Audi R18 TDI '16, since it is a diesel hybrid, you can short shift all day long, plenty of power and even better MPG.

I used the Hyundai for the Nurburgring Endurance, but it has a pretty small fuel tank. Then again, it does have way better grip than the 'real' LMP1's. For a short race I'd recommend the Hyundai.

Here's what I've worked out since I've also simulated mini endurance runs with the Gr.1 cars in the Custom Races even before the GT League came out:

I'll make this simple - it's basically a gang war between real life LMP1s and VGTs.

- VGTs are obviously faster than the LMP1s in terms of speed in general, along with the wider range of power tuning. Their weakness is their endurance capability. Even the hybrid VGTs sip way more fuel than the LMP1s. Some notable exceptions are the Bugatti and Hyundai which can humiliate the real life rivals with their handling.

- LMP1s handle better to compensate for the speed (and power tuning) disadvantage and as well as being conservative on fuel and tires (except for the GT-R since it's obvious that it's an FF car and eats up front tires like a starving person).

I only did that endurance race once. I used the 2016 R18 since I found it to be the most fuel efficient in Gr.1 class. Its cornering ability is pretty much on par with the Porsche 919 and Toyota TS050.

I had the 919 but had just won the 2016 Audi that day for my daily workout so used that. Started on RH, fuel lean, pitted half way through turned fuel to rich for the duration and pitted when necessary. Easy win.

I did enjoy this race and will do it multiple times. Going to start experimenting with other cars - may even try the nismo after reading you guys on here!
Agree - me too! - enjoyed lots and will do many more races here. :) - May I ask how you change your fuel settings from lean to richer?

May I ask how you change your fuel settings from lean to richer?

Use the D-pad and choose the fuel management thing, by pressing either left or right, for change from lean to richer, press up for ritcher and down for leaner. 1 is lean, 6 is rich.

Use the D-pad and choose the fuel management thing, by pressing either left or right, for change from lean to richer, press up for ritcher and down for leaner. 1 is lean, 6 is rich.
Thanks Rob, but I don't have a D-pad on my Logitech steering wheel but I have a MFD button displaying TCS, do you know if this is the same thing? Adjustable from 0 to 5.

I have a MFD button displaying TCS, do you know if this is the same thing?
MFD is what i mean, TCS is traction control, but if you can scroll in MFD, you will find the fuel consumption thing, i'm starting GT S now and i will take a screenshot of the fuel mapping thing :).

Edit.

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180113003057.jpg

does your wheel look something like this? If it does, turn the dial for the MFD controls and when you see the fuel mapping, use + and - to lower or increase the fuel consumption.

this is how fuel map looks like:

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180113003834.jpg

and i was wrong, 1 is rich and 6 is lean.

Last edited:
MFD is what i mean, TCS is traction control, but if you can scroll in MFD, you will find the fuel consumption thing, i'm starting GT S now and i will take a screenshot of the fuel mapping thing :).

Edit.

View attachment 705961

does your wheel look something like this? If it does, turn the dial for the MFD controls and when you see the fuel mapping, use + and - to lower or increase the fuel consumption.

this is how fuel map looks like:

View attachment 705962

and i was wrong, 1 is rich and 6 is lean.
Tanks a lot for helping me here but unfortunately I do only have choices between Track map / Torq. Tistr. / Brake Bal. / TCS / Session Best and Radar. Can't find the fuel thing here.... may be my steering wheel is too old ( two to three year old)?? :(

Last edited:
Tanks a lot for helping me here but unfortunately I do only have choices between Track map / Torq. Tistr. / Brake Bal. / TCS / Session Best and Radar. Can't find the fuel thing here.... :(
It dosent show up unless you have fuel consumption on, it's on in the endurance races in GT League, but in custom races you have to turn fuel consumption on :).

Last edited:
It dosent show up unless you have fuel consumption on, it's on in the endurance races in GT League, but in custom races you have to turn fuel consumption on :).
God Rob - I'm an idiot and am embarrassed, can't even find out how to turn on my fuel......... sorry. Tried every button on my wheel... --It looks like we have the same steering wheel.

Back