Gr 1 Prototype Series HELP

United States
Colorado
I can't figure this race out. I'm try to win the Gr1 Prototype Series Race at Road Atlanta (30 min). And
the closest I have gotten is 12th place . I know that I'm have to stop more than the other cars but I only change my tires once. I'm using a great setup by Praiano Tunes which I use all the time. If someone can please tell me what I'm not doing so I can finish this race. I've only been trying to
win this race for 3 days now with no luck. SOMEONE HELP me please.

garystevens64

Without seeing, any adivce is guessing.
Generally Gr.2 and Gr.1 cars rely on speed to be fast around corners.
If you cant confidently keep your foot down, there is no helping it other than saying: try again, and try better.
This means finding out where do you need to brake + what speed can you carry.
If the AI pulls away then it just is what it looks like: you were too slow.

It is like Mr. Clarkson once joked:
"sorry officer, I couldnt adhere to the speed limit because otherwise I wouldnt be able to take the corner".

What car are you using? The Gr.1 field is not balanced very well at all. The Mazda LM55 VGT Gr.1 is my favorite, but I haven't tried many others. Those I have tried were junk (at least for the Gr.1 Prototype Series races), or needed a lot more tuning to be competitive.

You should be able to get away with Soft (RS) tires for this race. So if you are pitting more frequently than every ~9 laps, you need a car with better fuel mileage.
Without seeing, any adivce is guessing.
Generally Gr.2 and Gr.1 cars rely on speed to be fast around corners.
If you cant confidently keep your foot down, there is no helping it other than saying: try again, and try better.
This means finding out where do you need to brake + what speed can you carry.
If the AI pulls away then it just is what it looks like: you were too slow.

It is like Mr. Clarkson once joked:
"sorry officer, I couldnt adhere to the speed limit because otherwise I wouldnt be able to take the corner".
This is good advice for a starting point. The Gr.1 cars have tons of grip at high speed - notice in the car setup screen, the 240 km/h rotational grip is very high compared to 60/120.

Also, Road Atlanta is a track that definitely rewards carrying speed through corners. For example, you should be able to take that 1st turn flat-out, or maybe with a slight lift off the throttle. If you're braking, you're losing a lot more time than you think.

I can't figure this race out. I'm try to win the Gr1 Prototype Series Race at Road Atlanta (30 min). And
the closest I have gotten is 12th place . I know that I'm have to stop more than the other cars but I only change my tires once. I'm using a great setup by Praiano Tunes which I use all the time. If someone can please tell me what I'm not doing so I can finish this race. I've only been trying to
win this race for 3 days now with no luck. SOMEONE HELP me please.

garystevens64
You should give more infos :
  • What car are you using.
  • What tyre compound.
  • What pit strategy
  • What fuel strategy

and above all : what are your lap times ? and what lap times do AIs are achieving ?

Back