GR.3 Saturday

• Thread starter TexasJDC
  • 21,901 comments
First FIA win for me.

PS_App_20210520_033746.jpeg

How do you guys do it? Every time I enter those things I get a bunch of brazilians taking people out and it is usually me being divebombed and taken out.
It was a rumble bro. Started 5th made a little mistake which sent me down two places and then as I moved up the grid again it became a shoving match. Was rear ended 3 times until I passed the morons driving and it was clean sailing all the way to the front. It helped that two of the leaders were running softs and had to stop. I ran one set of Hards the whole race. I’ll post the video later it was one to watch.

Well down at my level, losing the slip isn't the death sentence it is higher up, and race intelligence isn't always at the pointy end. At least in my B lobbies, people race like lap 1 is the last lap.

I started 3rd, and went off, and scraped the tires at t4 on the cold tires, misjudged braking. Down to 10th, but got going and caught up to 9th by end of lap 2. Since everybody is scrapping and bumping trying to pass going into the hairpin, I just stay patient and get a better drive out. I think I passed 3 cars on the straight on lap 3 since they went into the hairpin 3 wide, I just drove around them.

Had good racing after that going from slip to slip and passing at the hairpin or t4. Into P2 with 5 to go, and am 10s behind P1 and 4 seconds ahead of P3. Gaining about .8s/lap on P2 and putting about .5 a lap gap on P3. Then P1 pits on the last lap from S to H, and I cruise for an easy last lap.

That's right P1 ran softs for 24 laps. :lol:

Other people's strategy is how I win. :cheers:

Last edited:
Well down at my level, losing the slip isn't the death sentence it is higher up, and race intelligence isn't always at the pointy end. At least in my B lobbies, people race like lap 1 is the last lap.

I started 3rd, and went off, and scraped the tires at t4 on the cold tires, misjudged braking. Down to 10th, but got going and caught up to 9th by end of lap 2. Since everybody is scrapping and bumping trying to pass going into the hairpin, I just stay patient and get a better drive out. I think I passed 3 cars on the straight on lap 3 since they went into the hairpin 3 wide, I just drove around them.

Had good racing after that going from slip to slip and passing at the hairpin or t4. Into P2 with 5 to go, and am 10s behind P1 and 4 seconds ahead of P3. Gaining about .8s/lap on P2 and putting about .5 a lap gap on P3. Then P1 pits on the last lap from S to H, and I cruise for an easy last lap.

That's right P1 ran softs for 24 laps. :lol:

Other people's strategy is how I win. :cheers:
Sounds vaguely familiar to my race. Made most of my passes on T4 as everyone seem to misjudge the break and would go off into the grass. Lambo with AWD just zoomed past them. My biggest problem was being sent wide multiple times from ppl not understanding what brakes are for preferring to use my rear bumper instead.

Sounds vaguely familiar to my race. Made most of my passes on T4 as everyone seem to misjudge the break and would go off into the grass. Lambo with AWD just zoomed past them. My biggest problem was being sent wide multiple times from ppl not understanding what brakes are for preferring to use my rear bumper instead.
Yes. I run bumper cam and watch my mirror like a hawk at every braking zone if anyone is within 1.5s. I have let them go by several times and turned in late. Still lose time, but not as much as being punted. Plus it's fun to see them flash by with no hope of stopping while my entry is compromised my exit usually is ok.

Car selections will begin Monday at roughly 7:00pm EST (you must wait until I say go to start selecting). Only 4 drivers allowed per vehicle. As always you may reserve a car for your team mates if they can't be on for selection. But we do ask that everyone please try to select for themselves if they can.

Latest Posts

Back