Gran Turismo 4 Modding Discussion

Thanks, I thought dealer descriptions were some kind of description of the car like in the previous games, not the specs! Sorry for the confusion...

As for the restoring of the engine, you could implement it as a "create a new car in the garage of the same model and with the same parts bought and same settings setup, then delete the original car" like you do when changing colors (or so I read), I think that could be easier to implement than editing the save to bring back to 0 the engine life and mileage
I forgot about the non-English language part so what pez mentioned could by why you never spotted it. I would like to port the descriptions across for other languages but it's a bit of a big task that I want to figure out some proper automation to solve at some point.

Creating a copy of the car like the paint method is the backup idea I had in mind, yeah, I think if I struggle to do it the proper way that I was hoping to then I'll just do it that way instead. Only annoying part is that you'd lose any current wheels and wing just like repainting would.

I forgot about the non-English language part so what pez mentioned could by why you never spotted it. I would like to port the descriptions across for other languages but it's a bit of a big task that I want to figure out some proper automation to solve at some point.

Creating a copy of the car like the paint method is the backup idea I had in mind, yeah, I think if I struggle to do it the proper way that I was hoping to then I'll just do it that way instead. Only annoying part is that you'd lose any current wheels and wing just like repainting would.
I would say this is a good compromise.

Also, I made a cheat for GT4 retail that can remove the wing, though it only works while in races and requires a custom wing be installed. Is there any way to have a permanent wing removal in GT Auto if desired?

Back