Gran Turismo 5 arts & concepts (heavy edit)

• Thread starter Big Ron
  • 2,057 comments
Hmm it looks to me like the car is glowing, did you do that on purpose? Because i do not really like that effect, the reflection and rain itself looks good btw.

nice, that looks like a road from NFS Hot pursuit

@bossie, yes, the picture is entitled Glow Stick, the car is suppose to have a glow in the dark paint

I've been working on a Boss 302 mustang, and can't get it as well as I'd like, but this is the best version I have so far:

its so ugly but I posted it anyway

Last edited:
monteasoasfaltot.jpg

.​

GPR
It would have to be a type of layer blend mode I'd say. Or a colour alteration of the body itself even.
-Or- and that is very unlikely, is that snypir took two photos of 'Stangs, each with a different color (Black and red in this case) and used masks to create the vinyl.

Or... He have a real picture of the car and made a mask of the parts he wanted and pasted on the bottom of the GT5 shot :D

Or... He have a real picture of the car and made a mask of the parts he wanted and pasted on the bottom of the GT5 shot :D

Also possible but quite unlikely I would have thought.

So which is it Snypir? :sly:

kinda both, typically I use the two layers/two color cars and cut out the top layer, but for this one the decal was made (by tracing the real thing, but still had to be made), put into postion, then the reflections are clone stamped over the decal, then faded in with opacity/fill and eraser.

With most pictures you can change the hue and color easily, but the problem with black or white is you can't really add much color without a lot of defects. So the red decal had to be made, and then fake in the shine/reflections.

Really not too hard, you're really just mimicking the shading and shiny areas of the car over the decal. In all honesty this one looks like crap up close. But I look at it on flickr in a 23" 1920x1080 monitor about a foot+ away, and try not to get too nit picky

I also openly share my PSD files, just PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Last edited:
for the multi color car/layer and cutting method:
Keep in mind, this top layer is to cover up/put back the cutting into the tires, headlights, etc
the white areas are the areas I cut/erase into with a flame brush

maybe not the best representation, but it might help people get the idea

Thanks GT-R. How smoother? :/ I like to put 0,2/ 0,3 of sharpness to wipe out some blur... Is about that that you're talking about? :)

Thanks GT-R. How smoother? :/ I like to put 0,2/ 0,3 of sharpness to wipe out some blur... Is about that that you're talking about? :)
No matter how much you've sharpened the picture or not, the edges are too sharp and thus pixelated.

Back