Gran Turismo 7’s New Physics Are Not Entirely Going Well

• Thread starter Famine
  • 398 comments
Doc Brown Fly GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

I get that they will patch this out but if could keep as a special mode called trampoline mode I would be very happy. It would just be something to do when I'm bored or to entertain my children with 🤣 . @Famine thanks for sharing those different clips I thoroughly enjoyed all of them

Might be a good opportunity to get a good look at all tracks from a great height to find previously unknown sections and similar stuff. I remember seeing a top-down-view of Special Stage Route X a while ago which showed that there is more than just the oval itself. Any takers?

Might be a good opportunity to get a good look at all tracks from a great height to find previously unknown sections and similar stuff. I remember seeing a top-down-view of Special Stage Route X a while ago which showed that there is more than just the oval itself. Any takers?
And curiously the garage scene shows some foresty/grassy reflections in the windows even though it's an indoors showroom.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7’s New Physics Are Not Entirely Going Well

Although today’s Gran Turismo 7 game update, 1.49, has brought in a sweeping set of physics changes that have largely been for the better, it’s safe to say that not everything has gone to plan...
They added damage aswell,even when it's turned off on the settings,bit more better but not by much,the new wheels are nice..also even if you have a private lobby it won't let you on your own track because of PP..

Last edited:
That's hysterical!

So the physics update was performed by the intern after a Friday night bender on the streets of Tokyo? This is what hangovers do to you....

And I thought I was going insane today :lol:
I was racing with a fully tuned (but not engine swapped) E36 M3 at the Tokyo 600pp race, and the car would always take a hard turn to the right or left more or less after crossing the starting line. Not as dramatic as the jumping cars but still bizzare.

How did this get through testing?

Wondering this myself: the dev team behind the physics must have a pretty good understanding about extreme scenarios and while coding, you always try something like that to break stuff and learn about possible issues and bugs you wouldn't notice otherwise. It's a spectacular QA fail to have this coming out in such state.

And I thought I was going insane today :lol:
I was racing with a fully tuned (but not engine swapped) E36 M3 at the Tokyo 600pp race, and the car would always take a hard turn to the right or left more or less after crossing the starting line. Not as dramatic as the jumping cars but still bizzare.

Seems like the Eiger issue I linked before.

Last edited:
Back