Gran Turismo 7’s New Physics Are Not Entirely Going Well

• Thread starter Famine
  • 398 comments
There is something up with the suspension and weight transfer. My engine swapped Jimmy was great before now you can't even drive it as it wobbles around all over the place. Lowering it to the max and stiffening everything up helps but it's still extremely hard to drive now.

However stock cars are great so far. Did the Eiger circuit experience and the Alfa was great fun

Wondering this myself: the dev team behind the physics must have a pretty good understanding about extreme scenarios and while coding, you always try something like that to break stuff and learn about possible issues and bugs you wouldn't notice otherwise. It's a spectacular QA fail to have this coming out in such state.

Seems like the Eiger issue I linked before.
A QA fail? I guarantee these issues were noted and found. Devs pick and choose which bugs to fix.

There is something up with the suspension and weight transfer. My engine swapped Jimmy was great before now you can't even drive it as it wobbles around all over the place. Lowering it to the max and stiffening everything up helps but it's still extremely hard to drive now.

However stock cars are great so far. Did the Eiger circuit experience and the Alfa was great fun

Yep, seems to be something suspension related. I have a extreme bizarre Abarth setup for the Daytona grind. It now refuses to calculate the PP level of the car. The suspension setting just naturally pushes to the right, but other than that, I have seem crazier lol.

A QA fail? I guarantee these issues were noted and found. Devs pick and choose which bugs to fix.

If they were, why are they here? And as I said: I am sure the dev team knew about the extremes we are seeing. Maybe they didn't brought it to the attention to the QA team, assuming there is one, and in this case, again, this amounts to quality assurance failure: you released something broken to the public, making your work and the company meme fuel.

If everyone knew and the QA was briefed and still they decided this was ok to release, well, again, where I work this would be call a QA fail.

Last edited:
Spending some time browsing the forums while waiting for my upload to finish... getting a good laugh at the chaos.

Interesting, PD... interesting.

cocaine-cocaines-a-hell-of-a-drug.gif

I am almost in tears watching all this silliness. Do we bill PD directly for any damaged computer peripherals (e.g., keyboards, monitors, and such damaged from spitting out drinks) or any medical bills resulting from dangerously intense laughter?

Quoting this from the undocumented changes thread:
The Kombi also gets launched from the turntable

Last edited:
And I thought I was going insane today :lol:
I was racing with a fully tuned (but not engine swapped) E36 M3 at the Tokyo 600pp race, and the car would always take a hard turn to the right or left more or less after crossing the starting line. Not as dramatic as the jumping cars but still bizzare.
Is your car slammed to the ground?

Please do an article on this joke of an update and more specifically the FFB.

Just booted the game up, had to put the ingame ffb to 10 from my previous 4 and some cars feel a little better, some cars feel a little worse but man... The Super Formula has zero weight what so ever until you reach 150km/h. And I mean zero weight.
I played this game yesterday and everything (well, not quite) felt good. What a damn joke this is..

Please do an article on this joke of an update and more specifically the FFB.

I am almost in tears watching all this silliness. Do we bill PD directly for any damaged computer peripherals (e.g., keyboards, monitors, and such damaged from spitting out drinks) or any medical bills resulting from dangerously intense laughter?
I genuinely had to clean my screen after the Eiger one with all the different engine-swapped cars.

Beep... beep... beep... BOING «everything goes into orbit»

And then, six seconds later, suddenly landing Abarth.

Last edited:

I genuinely had to clean my screen after the Eiger one with all the different engine-swapped cars.

the ending is almost suspicious, like "this was edited together", almost too good to be true lol.

I know some of you younger folks are probably tired of games being broken are are triggered by things like, but I've been playing GT for 25 years and I can live with one ACTUALLY, REAL and HILARIOUS mis-step. I think PD has earned a bit of grace.

I was looking for more of a rant on it being a complete joke but fair play :)

I'm just so damn disappointed, the FFB feels like 1.15 all over again..

This one is pretty amusing: you crash before you get to control your car in Eiger.

And I thought I was going insane today :lol:
I was racing with a fully tuned (but not engine swapped) E36 M3 at the Tokyo 600pp race, and the car would always take a hard turn to the right or left more or less after crossing the starting line. Not as dramatic as the jumping cars but still bizzare.

I had this happen about a year ago when I went to some races at Red Bull Ring in an 02 Mazda RX-7 with the 26B engine. The race would be about to start and the car said, ok, hard left!! right into the wall. It was consistent. I think there may be videos of it.
Maybe with flying cars I can finally win at Maggiore!

Wait, what did I just see?? This pain medication is a tad stronger than codeine...

I know some of you younger folks are probably tired of games being broken are are triggered by things like, but I've been playing GT for 25 years and I can live with one ACTUALLY, REAL and HILARIOUS mis-step. I think PD has earned a bit of grace.
They must have an absent-minded professor or two on the payroll.

Maybe PD is too ashamed to admit that something went wrong here, so instead they will frame the narrative and say this is exactly what they intended the new physics to be.

Then a few years from now GT8 will launch as “The Real Bouncing Simulator”. :nervous:

Just opened GTP to report this issue. Tried to drive my new swapped M3 around and it kept inputting steering left and right by itself. It crashed on the race start countdown a few times before I could even get the race started

Back