Gran Turismo 7 Booklet Confirms Ferrari F8 and F12, More Details on Car Dealers & Tuning

• Thread starter Famine
  • 210 comments
Interested with the "Music Rally." Was thinking it might be connected to the Northern Isle "Festival" Gymkhana events we had on GT Sport. Maybe some kind of stunt driving montage type thing synchronized to music. All just speculation.

So, not drag racing then, but rather the usual 0-400m test from previous titles.
No idea - it's under "Mission Challenge", so it could be anything.

However "zeroyon", the term used in that section, is a specific term used in Japanese street racing to mean a 0-400m drag race. As North American drag racing is now 1,000ft/333.3yd, and European drag racing remains at 1,320ft/440yd, and a 400m drag race is 1,312ft/403yd, I don't know that there's any obvious difference between "drag racing" and "zeroyon".

This brand is very strong... I still dream of seeing a Ferrari on the cover of a Gran Turismo. ;)
Well, there was this:

1639772906427.png

Could "Music Rally" be something similar to Sierra Time Rally from GT6? It had the arcade sound effects and rally in the title, drop a few catchy songs in there and it could fit the title.
I can see that. Mission Challenge have the Time Rally as well.

Is Music Rally like a linear take on Forza Horizon's Skill Songs? I'm genuinely curious about this game mode. Everyone loves GT menu BGMs but their racing ones are equally good, particularly their original offerings. Would be hilarious if this was a racing game concept designed in part of Japan's rhythm game craze, where some popular rhythm game commission artists have fittingly contributed to GT Sport's soundtrack.

Is Music Rally like a linear take on Forza Horizon's Skill Songs? I'm genuinely curious about this game mode. Everyone loves GT menu BGMs but their racing ones are equally good, particularly their original offerings. Would be hilarious if this was a racing game concept designed in part of Japan's rhythm game craze, where some popular rhythm game commission artists have fittingly contributed to GT Sport's soundtrack.

Hopefully it's just a bad translation and they really mean the return of music video style replays.

ドラッグレース
Doraggurēsu

So, not drag racing then, but rather the usual 0-400m test from previous titles.
It says "ゼロヨン対決", the 対決 (taiketsu) means showdown or something like that.
Hopefully it's just a bad translation and they really mean the return of music video style replays.
I really wondered if I'm gone cuckoo crazy, but it surely says that music is the key element of the race.

Music Rally sounds like GT's version of Skill Songs in Forza Horizon 5. No, more like a rhythm game with cars! it should be a huge laugh no matter how it's done because it sounds soo whacky.

GT7 is looking like the complete package that we've all been wanting for years. It's taking the best elements from the previous games and combining them with the current community features, graphics and sounds to cover everything in the most comprehensive way. Seeing the F8 is a shock because I thought it'd be too new for a GT game but no. Hopefully we see some more current cars because GT Sport was missing a lot of them! All this new info has given me hope that PD will deliver a great game.

It says "ゼロヨン対決", the 対決 (taiketsu) means showdown or something like that.

I really wondered if I'm gone cuckoo crazy, but it surely says that music is the key element of the race.
Finish the race before the music ends?
Match the beat of the music with the car revs?

If certain cars can have widebody kits, I hope we can adjust the fitment and tire width.
Initially I was certain the image is showing a new fitment option, with the left panel being the result... got very excited, and then very disappointed.

PD definitely understands fitment on their race cars, let's hope they add options for it to everything.

Collect the musical notes to play a tune. If you miss a note, you'll lose a point like the cone challenge in GT4.
I was kind of imagining it more like this. Using "5OUL ON D!SPLAY" as an example:

Give me one reason to remain confined within the fences...

--car speeds up--

Here with you and my...

--begin epic drift to the left--

...soul on display.

Eh, something like that. lol

Last edited:
You know how sometimes Americans will refer to drag racing as a quarter mile? Yeah, that, but metric. If you put ゼロヨン対決 into Google you'll immediately find a whole bunch of videos of real life drag racing.
Yes, I’m well aware, but 0-400m does not automatically mean drag racing when it comes to Gran Turismo. If you’ve played any of the older titles you’ll know this. That’s why I said I was curious what “0-400m battle” might mean. It’s the “battle” part I’m interested in, because if it just said “0-400m” period, I’d just assume that the old 0-400m performance tests from previous games are returning and nothing else. Now, I can’t read Japanese and I know that translations are usually confusing/messy, so I don’t have much hope that we’ll get actual drag racing this time around either.

Last edited:
As @PettyWingman pointed out, “対決(taiketsu)” means “a battle” or “a showdown”. As a native Japanese speaker, I’m pretty sure that it’s not the 0-400m performance test we’ve seen on previous titles. Although it’s too early to make a conclusion, I’m guessing we’re gonna get some kind of drag racing experience.

Back