Gran Turismo 7 Comes on Two Discs for PlayStation 4

• Thread starter Famine
  • 101 comments
"Phantasmagoria" came out on the Sega Saturn as "Phantasm". It had 8 discs.
EdAC_tHWsAIUfmk.jpg

Last edited:
Yes. I believe that is indeed how numbers work, even if you're wearing socks and mittens.
Well in the beginning of your article states that this is the second game to feature 2 discs ... but that's okay I'll get my socks fitted.:dunce:

Well in the beginning of your article states that this is the second game to feature 2 discs ... but that's okay I'll get my socks fitted.:dunce:
Nope.

Check the mittens as well.

Places Mittens on

Well that's what I see with my two ol' eyes.
Have a crack at getting some reading glasses, or a different prescription of them then. There's literally an entire word you're ignoring.

Have a crack at getting some reading glasses, or a different prescription of them then. There's literally an entire word you're ignoring.
So spec II wasn't considered "new" when it came out? lol?

So spec II wasn't considered "new" when it came out? lol?
It was not a new game. It was GT Sport again: a rerelease of a two-year old game at that point. And in fact it was already a five-month old version of that game when it arrived.

GT2 was the only previous new game in the GT series to launch with two game discs. GT7 will, therefore, be the second new game in the GT series to launch with two discs.

Lol.

Last edited:
You might want to wait on deleting GTSport, if you have anything you want transferred over to GT7, just to make sure it gets there. They said it may take some time for everything to get transferred over, if you delete the game, nothing gets saved, nothing gets transferred.
Unless, that's exactly what you want?
Don't really have a choice. One has to go before the other can be installed. And I'm not buying another HDD.

Interesting, haven't seen 2-disc games since GT2.
Final Fantasy 7 remake for PS4 was also two discs

I have to guess the size of the game will be laughably large then to require 2 discs. I wonder how big the digital version will be.
I think I remember seeing that the PS4 version is around the size of GT Sport right now, and the PS5 version is like 80 something gigabytes

At least this doesn't deter me from buying the retail pre-order just to play it on PS4 via download code and save the PS5 disc for the future or a friend. I want those physical pre-order goods. 😎

I'm kind of surprised that the PS4 and PS5 versions are the same size, or nearly the same. I assumed that the textures and maybe the 3D models would be smaller in size on the PS4 because of hardware limitations. So are they shipping with the same assets to save time? (not download/install time though)

I have to guess the size of the game will be laughably large then to require 2 discs. I wonder how big the digital version will be.
Big enough to wipe everything off of my first gen PS4 probably. :lol:
I'm already planning in deleting GT Sport from my HDD just so I can play GT7.
Same. Probably on day 2
You might want to wait on deleting GTSport, if you have anything you want transferred over to GT7, just to make sure it gets there. They said it may take some time for everything to get transferred over, if you delete the game, nothing gets saved, nothing gets transferred.
Unless, that's exactly what you want?
Thought that happened automatically from what you’ve shared online? No need to keep the game then.

At least this doesn't deter me from buying the retail pre-order just to play it on PS4 via download code and save the PS5 disc for the future or a friend. I want those physical pre-order goods. 😎
Oh, me too. But I’m not planning on getting the disc PS5 so I opted for only preordering the digital version. I’ll regret this. I’m sure. :dopey:

Last edited:
Glad that I have Fiber at home... anyway my optical drive shows signs of dying so the 25th anniversary digital is great for me in all cases. Having to put the Blurays for certificate only is a hassle for my PS4pro

Did we had info on it being GOLD yet?
Expect Day-1 patch as well...
I will only miss the pre-download feature since I need the physical copy for that...
I am waiting GT more than my paycheck which is not normal behavior I think 😅

This is probably a silly question but will the digital version operate any faster than the disc version on the PS5? I’m not a techy guy, so feel free to flame away! 😬

This is probably a silly question but will the digital version operate any faster than the disc version on the PS5? I’m not a techy guy, so feel free to flame away! 😬
It could depending on the state of the disk and laser reading it. But most of the key data will be installed on the hard drive so the disk should act more as a license tool for the Playstation to confirm the game is valid than anything. If the disk version doesn't install as much data (minus the license of course) for some reason, then there could be occasions where the disk is read faster or slower than the HDD. It's not a binary situation.

Glad that I have Fiber at home... anyway my optical drive shows signs of dying so the 25th anniversary digital is great for me in all cases.
beep beep beep. :lol: mine keeps beeping it’s driving me nuts.
I am waiting GT more than my paycheck which is not normal behavior I think 😅
Same, got my paycheck today so I finally could preorder.. more keen on GT than the next paycheck right now!

beep beep beep. :lol: mine keeps beeping it’s driving me nuts.

Same, got my paycheck today so I finally could preorder.. more keen on GT than the next paycheck right now!

It is even funnier about the optical reader in my case because rotating the console vertically made it work every time as to when it is put horizontally... I had the exact same thing with my fat PS2 in the old times until it died completely eventually.... There was no digital version at the time hah ....
I have been gifted coupons at Christmass so I used those for my pre-order in a heartbeat. Hope the PS4 version will do as well as "Horizon Forbidden West" does on the PS4 versions.... fingers crossed but lesser hopes yet

It is even funnier about the optical reader in my case because rotating the console vertically made it work every time as to when it is put horizontally... I had the exact same thing with my fat PS2 in the old times until it died completely eventually.... There was no digital version at the time hah ....
I have been gifted coupons at Christmass so I used those for my pre-order in a heartbeat. Hope the PS4 version will do as well as "Horizon Forbidden West" does on the PS4 versions.... fingers crossed but lesser hopes yet
I think I only used the optical drive five times. Maybe that’s why mine decided to quit. But it worked putting it vertically you say? Worth trying on mine too if it keeps ejecting and beeping my crazy.. 🤔

I’m not too worried about the PS4 vs PS5 differences. I played FH5 on the bare minimum specs on PC and it played well and looked fine. I don’t need raytracing. Yet. :lol:

It does for some, think about those who will be glad knowing that the second disk will avoid them downloading 50GiO of data on their provider plan.
The size of two disks give us also a glimpse on the overall size of the game in itself around 100go a good info for those having a relative low size of hardrive space on their console

Last edited:
Back