Gran Turismo 7 countdown

• Thread starter Gunma36
  • 1,587 comments
1632771215602.png

According to Google is it 161 days to March 4... So what is right? @Famine
I actually don't know what time it's launching officially, so I thought I'd check some of the various PSN Stores and... they were less helpful than I'd hoped:

1632771663783.png

1632771706962.png

1632771760091.png

That's New Zealand, Hong Kong, and South Africa (because all have English language options) respectively... all showing different times by GMT on March 3.

I'm pretty sure that's simply an error whereby it's showing me the converted times in local time but labelling it as GMT when it should be showing it as GMT+ times (umm... +13, +8, and +2 respectively).

That would then all convert to exactly midnight on March 4 here in the UK, which will be running on GMT at that time (we're +1 right now, for another couple of weeks).

So. As of right now, Gran Turismo 7 will launch in:
157 days
4 hours
10 minutes

I actually don't know what time it's launching officially, so I thought I'd check some of the various PSN Stores and... they were less helpful than I'd hoped:

View attachment 1083058

View attachment 1083059

View attachment 1083060

That's New Zealand, Hong Kong, and South Africa (because all have English language options) respectively... all showing different times by GMT on March 3.

I'm pretty sure that's simply an error whereby it's showing me the converted times in local time but labelling it as GMT when it should be showing it as GMT+ times (umm... +13, +8, and +2 respectively).

That would then all convert to exactly midnight on March 4 here in the UK, which will be running on GMT at that time (we're +1 right now, for another couple of weeks).

157 days
4 hours
10 minutes
This is where it get interesting. Once you've purchased the game it gives you a countdown timer but I don't know if it's the same for all regions and I suspect it isn't. For me going by Australian Central Time I get...

20210928074413.jpg

... as of a couple of minutes ago. I'd be interested to see what time other regions have at the same time, or will it be like some other game launches where we get the jump on other regions. I vaguely remember also being held back until a day after release too but can't remember what game it was.

This is where it get interesting. Once you've purchased the game it gives you a countdown timer but I don't know if it's the same for all regions and I suspect it isn't. For me going by Australian Central Time I get...

<snip picture>

... as of a couple of minutes ago. I'd be interested to see what time other regions have at the same time, or will it be like some other game launches where we get the jump on other regions. I vaguely remember also being held back until a day after release too but can't remember what game it was.
Going by the locked launcher countdown, you may well be getting the jump - this is what I'm seeing in the UK, taken just now.

1632785173874.png

Last edited:
I'd it that the digital download, begins 48 hours before game release?
The expected auto-download date is February 24th so it's not that.
I think you're getting the jump - this is what I'm seeing in the UK, taken just now.

View attachment 1083141
I just had another look and it says the release date is 3-3-2022 but with us being ahead time wise.... I don't know :confused::confused::confused: :dopey:

20210928090406_1.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 1083058

View attachment 1083059

View attachment 1083060

157 days
4 hours
10 minutes
Oh, that was interesting. I guess we'll have to wait and see then. Thank you for your help.

images.jpeg

Back