Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,645 comments
No lol

The old one goes to the digital dump
This game is stupid, forza had engine swaps over 10 years ago.. Polyphony start to remind me of apple, take an old innovation and pretend they call it something Istupid etc..
After the fans complaining and they bringing stuff back in the game that already should been there in the first place with the sad excuse we bring it back since we are listening to the fans

This game is stupid, forza had engine swaps over 10 years ago.. Polyphony start to remind me of apple, take an old innovation and pretend they call it something Istupid etc..
After the fans complaining and they bringing stuff back in the game that already should been there in the first place with the sad excuse we bring it back since we are listening to the fans
I mean…don’t get me wrong…I’ve preferred forza parts upgrade system and layout since the original forza motorsports…shoot I remember dropping an r34 engine in the ‘70 Skyline and then putting down a 7 second 1/4 mile like 15 years ago

The reality though is that it’s a version exclusive and the 360 ring of death made a lot of people move to PlayStation including myself and GT is the best option

I think it would be very interesting to see how much forza would change and how much GT would change if they both could be played on Xbox and PlayStation

Stupid question, maybe someone can try it out.

Make a livery on one of the swap cars with the new engine, and post it up. Since usually the games makes you buy the upgrades the original car had, would that allow you to buy the livery and get the swap engine?

Make a livery on one of the swap cars with the new engine, and post it up. Since usually the games makes you buy the upgrades the original car had, would that allow you to buy the livery and get the swap engine?
No

It won’t work as none of the other powertrain or drivetrain parts carry over when saving and applying shared styles, it’s only the appearance stuff, body parts and wheels.

I mean…don’t get me wrong…I’ve preferred forza parts upgrade system and layout since the original forza motorsports…shoot I remember dropping an r34 engine in the ‘70 Skyline and then putting down a 7 second 1/4 mile like 15 years ago

The reality though is that it’s a version exclusive and the 360 ring of death made a lot of people move to PlayStation including myself and GT is the best option

I think it would be very interesting to see how much forza would change and how much GT would change if they both could be played on Xbox and PlayStation
GT for all it's improvements is half the game it use to be since GT4 and previous. A lot of the blame has to fall at Kaz's feet as he wants people to appreciate the beauty of cars which is why GT has no proper damage engine & other than online, has shifted away from actual racing to this slalom/mobile car park style of sticking you at the back in an OP car so you can make up 30+seconds in 5 laps. Meaning you overtake 95% of the field with ease without having to risk contact and thus damage. The level of customisation they have added over recent titles is great and the engine swaps is a great idea even if lifted from Forza, I just don't understand why they have made it so hard to aquire them, (pre & post bananza). S parts, fine... heck i am not even that annoyed they don't tell you whats available for what as it helps build online communities and some people enjoy the hunt... but the engines themselves should at least be available to buy with your earnings.

S parts, fine... heck i am not even that annoyed they don't tell you whats available for what as it helps build online communities and some people enjoy the hunt... but the engines themselves should at least be available to buy with your earnings.
Just to clarify, they do tell you what S parts are available for each car in the game. You can see this on the Car Settings screen all the way to the far right.

Just to clarify, they do tell you what S parts are available for each car in the game. You can see this on the Car Settings screen all the way to the far right.
I'm aware, I meant that I am not too bothered that they are only available via the roulette system. But the engines should be available for credits. Especially as you can buy new replacement engines for all cars.

Doesn't include Bore Up S, Stroke Up S or High Lift Camshaft S though, meaning those are the most mysterious parts.
From what I’ve seen it’s not a mystery though as the setting sheet includes bore up, stroke up and high lift cam shaft on the far right under ‘Engine Tuning’. The text will be white if it’s available as either a normal purchasable item or a winnable ‘s’ item. The text will be grey if neither exist for the car and it is not possible to change/upgrade that part on the car. If the text is white and you cannot purchase that item from the Tuning Shop then it’s only available for that car as a winnable ‘s’ item. If you can buy that part for your car from the Tuning Shop then it will not be available as an ‘s’ item for the car.

From what I’ve seen it’s not a mystery though as the setting sheet includes bore up, stroke up and high lift cam shaft on the far right under ‘Engine Tuning’. The text will be white if it’s available as either a normal purchasable item or a winnable ‘s’ item. The text will be grey if neither exist for the car and it is not possible to change/upgrade that part on the car. If the text is white and you cannot purchase that item from the Tuning Shop then it’s only available for that car as a winnable ‘s’ item. If you can buy that part for your car from the Tuning Shop then it will not be available as an ‘s’ item for the car.
Huh?

Every car that has an unlockable Bore Up, Stroke Up or High Lift Camshaft S can also install the base part from the tuning shop. There are no cars in the game that don't have the base part, but do have the S part.

Last edited:
Something about the Coyote swap for the Pantera, it's practically perfect.

Easily cheeses the 550 clubman+ events with 98 percent power output. Little heavy on the brakes to keep it on track, though.

I think we should collect more information on which cars benefit the most from which engines. I mean in the sense of comparing the maximum power of a fully-tuned car with its stock engine with that same fully-tuned car with an engine swap. That way, when an engine can be put into multiple models, we can better-determine which car is best.
Should add photos of the different powerbands too as thats very important and often overlooked.

I have a VR38 swapped 180SX that I tuned in a way to increase power / torque evenly across the entire powerband (avoided moving the powerband upwards with things like different turbos, cam, crank, engine balance tuning). Then power restricted it down to 507 hp because it was a drift car and had enough peak power here, just wanted low end power so I could drift from wider corners into tighter corners without having to shift down(I use a shifter and use manual trans on my drift cars so I can clutch-kick), and while the 507hp isnt much more peak power than the SR20 could be tuned too, the powerband is MONSTROUS.

I can start a drift in 5th gear (set to around 175mph) at like 20 mph and it has the guts to do it, the SR20 would have no chance.

Another thing to consider powerband for is swaps on old muscle cars too. I have a '69 Z28 with 425hp, and while I love the car, like many old muscle cars the powerband is terrrible, its very peaky and the fact it only has a 5 speed doesn't help matters either. If could put a Chevy LT1 for example, I could have the sensible 425ish hp but enjoy a much nicer powerband too, just something else to consider :).

Finally got my first engine ticket after bonanza. 6 star ticket only engines. I was sure i will get the only engine that i don't have. Ford lm. I opened. It said Ford i said Yes! Then coyote 15! F. this! Saved the ticket for next month. Hope next update will be earlier than 5. of september. Or my tickets gonna start to expire one by one.

There'll be an update on August 25th.
Interesting. Where's it say that? I'm not seeing an update notice anywhere on the official website, nor do I recall there being any teaser by Kaz lately. I do believe you, though.

Last edited:
I got a Nissan VR38DETT-GT-R-Nismo what should I put it in the Lancia delta or Nissan fair lady z 300zx ????? I’m leaning towards the Lancia
It works really really well in the lancia delta....it's actually one of my favourite cars now....I call it the monster..... especially as it does over 250mph I'm such a small package ☺️☺️ it handles well too surprisingly.....not like other swapped cars where you can just tell the engine shouldn't be in there 😂😂

Finally got my first engine ticket after bonanza. 6 star ticket only engines. I was sure i will get the only engine that i don't have. Ford lm. I opened. It said Ford i said Yes! Then coyote 15! F. this! Saved the ticket for next month. Hope next update will be earlier than 5. of september. Or my tickets gonna start to expire one by one.
If you can save them until after the update drops, do it.

Had a left over Engine ticket I won on July 15th, didn't open it till last week and got that LS7 Rampage motor. Can't guarantee you'll get something new, but the more they add, the more likely you'll probably get something different.

Last edited:
If you can save them until after the update drops, do it.

Had a left over Engine ticket I won on July 15th, didn't open it till last week and got that LS7 Rampage motor. Can't guarantee you'll get something new, but the more they add, the more likely you'll probably get something different.
Yep will do that. Update is next week they even showed cars now. So I'm not gonna lose any ticket. Hoping to get that lm engine. Though maybe they will add more engines and same story again lol. We need a bonanza like in 3 months. After they added 4 5 new engines.

I rather have no engine swaps, than too deal with the garbage driving physics, and mentality of Forza. I been playing gt since gt1 and its always been "ways" to do engine swaps. Every new gt tittle seems to have noted these "ways" from previous tittles and added them to later tittles. Example wing deletes, custom liveries, swaps, lower ride heights, wider wheels and wheel offsets ect...ect. Obviously more swaps are coming one way or another. It is annoying gt ignores custom car culture a bit. But that cant be a compromised for the driving physics, other wise gt might as well be forza or something else. So far from what I see, people are mostly just spamming the chats of every lobby. Trying to bait others into a drag race with the swaps we have so far. Completely ignoring its not a drag race lobby.

Hopefully soon we will actually be able to put a choice of engines in each car instead of being forced to either have the stock engine or have someone elses idea for the one engine that goes in that car. Its not good having several LS/LTs which IMO make perfect drift engines(and fit in almost all RWD cars IRL), but not be able to match them to an ideal drift car of our choice, like an S chassis Nissan or a Toyota GT86. Engine swaps should be unique, not predetermined.

Back