Gran Turismo 7: Frequently Asked Questions

• Thread starter Famine
  • 550 comments
I have 2 Nissan GT-R NISMO GT500 '16. One of them was bought about two years ago and the other one a few months ago.
I noticed something strange today about the rear aerodynamics.
The first one has max 1150 and the second one has max 1000 (just like the other GT500 '16, Lexus and Honda).

Is there any explanation?

I have 2 Nissan GT-R NISMO GT500 '16. One of them was bought about two years ago and the other one a few months ago.
I noticed something strange today about the rear aerodynamics.
The first one has max 1150 and the second one has max 1000 (just like the other GT500 '16, Lexus and Honda).

Is there any explanation?
Have you put the other wing on one of them? There are 2 wing options for the 2016 GT500 cars

guys what is your opinnion about "will we get 1 more track in 2024.."?
We might only get one more track for GT7 full stop, and if so probably in a big update in 2025 to try and make it look like PD are actually supporting the game before a new round of championships. :mischievous::lol:

I also wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even do that and we already have all the tracks planned. :rolleyes::banghead:

I have a question about internet speed and playing in lobbies. I travel for work and hope to still play online. The newest hotel I’ve been in has better internet than the ones before.
Ping <45 DL~30Mbps UL~30Mbps.

Is that going to be suitable to play in lobbies?

I have a question about internet speed and playing in lobbies. I travel for work and hope to still play online. The newest hotel I’ve been in has better internet than the ones before.
Ping <45 DL~30Mbps UL~30Mbps.

Is that going to be suitable to play in lobbies?
Probably not, but that's more likely not related to the figures posted.

It's worth noting that GT doesn't actually use much bandwidth (and it's width, not speed; data travels at the same speed like cars on a motorway [legally] do, but more bandwidth is like more lanes - more cars) but I don't think that'll be the issue. The latency isn't great, but I'd be more interested in how solid a figure that is or if there's a lot of jitter. You'll also want to plug in directly, which requires finding a socket, as hotel WiFi will be dismal for packet loss; it's fine for streaming due to buffering, but online play will be a great deal more rubbish.

I think what you'll run into hard is P2P connections being throttled (or blocked) by business broadband packages. Public Lobbies and Daily Races all use peer-to-peer type connections, and there's a solid chance you simply won't be able to connect at all.

Probably not, but that's more likely not related to the figures posted.

It's worth noting that GT doesn't actually use much bandwidth (and it's width, not speed; data travels at the same speed like cars on a motorway [legally] do, but more bandwidth is like more lanes - more cars) but I don't think that'll be the issue. The latency isn't great, but I'd be more interested in how solid a figure that is or if there's a lot of jitter. You'll also want to plug in directly, which requires finding a socket, as hotel WiFi will be dismal for packet loss; it's fine for streaming due to buffering, but online play will be a great deal more rubbish.

I think what you'll run into hard is P2P connections being throttled (or blocked) by business broadband packages. Public Lobbies and Daily Races all use peer-to-peer type connections, and there's a solid chance you simply won't be able to connect at all.

It did run on the hotel WiFi but there was on 9-10 of us. I might have to check with the local library what they have for a connection there and if they have any spots to go wired with my own laptop.

We were also in slower cars. At the end there were a few tough spots with lag.

It did run on the hotel WiFi but there was on 9-10 of us. I might have to check with the local library what they have for a connection there and if they have any spots to go wired with my own laptop.

We were also in slower cars. At the end there were a few tough spots with lag.
It would most likely work if you have a router or modem like we did in our apartment for 7-8 years, we used Centurylink and got the highest-speed package for $60. I would say that the Wi-Fi would be slower in a hotel/motel. But you can try it and let us know what happens. You can also get an ethernet cable too.

Back