Gran Turismo 7 Game Update is Coming Next Week, With Three New Cars

• Thread starter notarjy
  • 198 comments
At this point I think it's obvious they're saving all the exciting cars for GT8.

I usually don't complain but it's getting ridiculous how many duplicates we've been getting as DLC. There is a crazy amount of cars people really want to see and instead of giving us some variety, we get more of the same.

It's the only reason I play Forza Horizon 5 sometimes. Wanna drive a McLaren Senna, Sesto Elemento, Gordon Murray T.50, or any interesting car from the last decade? Play another game.

Not to mention how many legendary race cars GT is missing, especially F1. And no lotus still. Insane :lol:

At this point I think it's obvious they're saving all the exciting cars for GT8.

I usually don't complain but it's getting ridiculous how many duplicates we've been getting as DLC. There is a crazy amount of cars people really want to see and instead of giving us some variety, we get more of the same.

It's the only reason I play Forza Horizon 5 sometimes. Wanna drive a McLaren Senna, Sesto Elemento, Gordon Murray T.50, or any interesting car from the last decade? Play another game.

Not to mention how many legendary race cars GT is missing, especially F1. And no lotus still. Insane :lol:

Game is literally getting a Demo after 2.5 years to boost sales and is main example of PS5 Pro in promotion materials, but HEY we are getting another GTR so there must be GT8 soon right?

Last edited:
Game is literally getting a Demo after 2.5 years to boost sales and is main example of PS5 Pro in promotion materials, but HEY we are getting another GTR so there must be GT8 soon right?

Where did I say GT8 is soon?

There's been multiple examples of things being scanned by PD well before even GT Sport that weren't added to the series until GT7. Not my fault that you don't understand how PD operates :lol: :lol:

I find it funny that I made a custom event posters for Mitsubishi Lancer Evo's (under the event name Evolution Meeting, from GT3 A-Spec and GT4) on the Gran Turismo 7 Custom Race thread, and there would be a "possible" silhouette of the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII a day later after that post there... coincidence?

Last edited:
At this point I think it's obvious they're saving all the exciting cars for GT8
What makes it obvious? The 2024 January Update that came after Spec II was dreadful in terms of cars added and arguably worse than the upcoming October update. Meanwhile, over the following winter and spring period they proceeded to add content like Toyota GT-One, Castrol Mugen NSX, Lancer Evolution IX, R31 Skyline, EG Civic, E36 M3, Gallardo, Eiger Nordwand, etc. Those are top tier additions if you ask me.

So, what about the current situation makes it obvious they are saving cars for GT8? It’s only reasonable to assume they are saving cars for GT8, but the above-mentioned circumstanses considered I wouldn’t say it’s obvious “at this point”.
I usually don't complain but it's getting ridiculous how many duplicates we've been getting as DLC.
Duplicates are defined too lightly these days. PD puts effort into capturing the differences between cars that might appear rather similar on the surface. For example, the Evolution VIII is clearly not a duplicate when Mitsubishi eventually felt compelled to rename it Evolution IX. Knowing PD, the differences will be noticeable in GT7 as well.

I suppose you weren’t around in the noughties back when GT games had an endless list of Japanese cars with the only difference between them being market variations like Mazda Roadster (JDM), Mazda MX-5 (EU) or Mazda Miata (US). Those were duplicates, and all of them were pixelated to the point it was difficult to tell them apart anyway.
There is a crazy amount of cars people really want to see and instead of giving us some variety, we get more of the same.
True, but try to see things from PD’s perspective. They would do a disservice to themselves if they threw all their best eggs into one basket. By delaying certain additions they can keep up momentum. They are thriving on people’s appetite for more. Imagine how dull Spec II would have been if cars like the LFA, 400R and 190 E Evolution II had arrived as soon as players started to beg for them. I want the popular cars as much as everyone else, but I also think PD is perfectly aware of the high-impact cars. They are only saving them for the right time, which might be GT8 or some future content update for GT7. There’s a pattern characterized by balance.

Last edited:
the OG 07 GTR should show up someday as its listed in the data leak , i just wished we had that original concept too :D
I’d love an interior modelled off the GT Concept intro.

There’s a couple of snippets here, zoomed in though, not a full look at the cockpit.

I’d love the 2005 Proto as well, maybe with an 2007 GT-R cockpit since I don’t think it had one, although I don’t think that’s PD’s style. Albeit it wouldn’t be too out of place given the car, externally at least, looked very similar to the final version. I’d prefer it over no cockpit view.

Last edited:
True, but try to see things from PD’s perspective. They would do a disservice to themselves if they threw all their best eggs into one basket. By delaying certain additions they can keep up momentum. They are thriving on people’s appetite for more. Imagine how dull Spec II would have been if cars like the LFA, 400R and 190 E Evolution II had arrived as soon as players started to beg for them. I want the popular cars as much as everyone else, but I also think PD is perfectly aware of the high-impact cars. They are only saving them for the right time, which might be GT8 or some future content update for GT7. There’s a pattern characterized by balance.
It's a really delicate balance of "We want people to continue to play our game" and "People are tired of playing the same things over and over and would like content that will keep them engaged."

Someone on GTP mentioned that if you add 1 track, you get 454 experiences. You add one car, you get 116 experiences. So you get more out of a track than you do a particular car, and that is where the game has been stagnant. They take a significant amount of time, especially indicated by the last 3 tracks being fictional GT originals.. but just seems like place holders.

I'd like to think with the World Series events that they would have the green light on funding to continue scanning real world locations and produce them in a more timely manner, but who knows what is the timeline on them. There's probably more nostalgia tracks coming to MFGT anyway.

More content updates. Some good ones and some not so good ones. It has been like this since the beginning. Yet, every bad or mediocre car update tends to bring out some apologist telling people to lower their expectations because PD is moving on from GT7 etc. PS5 Pro support and trial version suggest otherwise.
I actually love this update (Love the van). I think were just going to have to agree to disagree based on the differences our expectations appear to be based on.

Last edited:
You don’t need a bigger trunk in GT7, so you’re basically asking for a higher kerb weight. No thanks.
Nah, so much more does it not weight, its only around 20 kg more than the sedan for the one with manual gearbox and 40 kg more with automatic 😉. I would like the IX Evo wagon in the game too some time

Last edited:
Nah, so much more does it not weight, its only around 20 kg more than the sedan for the one with manual gearbox and 40 kg more with automatic 😉. I would like the IX Evo wagon in the game too some time
It all adds up. The power to weight ratio is already bad enough with many cars from the mid 2000s. During those years cars started to become considerably heavier because safety and tech evolved fast, but extensive use of lightweight materials wasn’t catching up until some years later. I hate heavy cars no matter how much power there is to compensate.

Last edited:
We have 2 R32 GT-R's in the game but they both have different widebody kits. Same goes for the 2 Integra DC2's we have. I expect a similar thing with the Evo 8 if that's what we're getting.

I think all three are great cars but none of them are headliners, so having them come as a trio after a bit of an update drought makes them fall flat a bit.
They'd all be fantastic supporting cars for another update but I don't think they carry much steam coming together as they're all a bit 'more of the same'

For me, the new cars are the least interesting part of these updates. I don't know how many cars I have in my garage that I have yet to drive. I'm guessing more than a hundred. These ones can get in line until a Weekly Challenge comes around where I can use them.

I'm usually much more interested in other aspects of the update. What new single-player events do we get? Are there BoP changes? Any new features that make the game more enjoyable? We won't know any of that until the update drops. I'm suspending judgement until then.

The server maintenance notice is up, coming on Thursday, October 3 from 1 am-3 am CDT (or if you prefer UTC, 06:00-08:00).

@Moose78, we might know about new single-player events and some features on Wednesday when the promo post that confirms what the cars are shows up, but the BoP changes and other features won't be known until the patch notes come out on Thursday.

Back