Gran Turismo 7 Game Update is Coming October 3, With Three New Cars

• Thread starter notarjy
  • 242 comments
I think the cars added now could have been hold off to drop maybe next month instead with bigger update alongside other cars, would proably get less negative feedback as well from the community.
Less from what level of negativity? It'll never matter. Content, fixes, anything. Even when we got newer cars there was still negativity. I mean the last update had negativity.
Eiger could have been pushed back. The Ruf pushed back. The Ferrari and Lamborghini pushed back to a "bigger" content update and that wouldn't lessen negativity. It is what it is.

If we are getting the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII, I hope I can replicate the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Super Rally Car '03 from GT4-GT6, especially with the wing from that car.

1727740909968.png

1727740887658.png

Ho hum, I'm somewhat underwhelmed by this update but you can't win them all I guess
No, you can't. But we can enjoy what PD provides for us in each update. The main thing I want is new cars, places where we can take photos with our purchased cars and to see new tracks. That's pretty much it.

Last edited:
It all adds up. The power to weight ratio is already bad enough with many cars from the mid 2000s. During those years cars started to become considerably heavier because safety and tech evolved fast, but extensive use of lightweight materials wasn’t catching up until some years later. I hate heavy cars no matter how much power there is to compensate.
It could have been worse, they (Evo IX) aren't that heavy anyway

It could have been worse, they (Evo IX) aren't that heavy anyway
The Evoution VII, VIII, IX and X especially are considerably heavier than the VI and earlier models. The same is true for the WRX STI family of cars with newer being fatter. Again, modern safety equipment and advanced technology escalated fast during this era. It’s felt on the circuit because weight ultimately impacts the driving experience.

You might find yourself enjoying the Evolution IX because it’s fast and fun, which I’m not trying to say it isn’t. However, now switch to Evolution IV and notice how pure it feels in comparision despite having slightly less power. That’s lower weight and smaller size doing the talking. So, I’ll take sedan body Evolution VIII over wagon any day.

Last edited:
The Evoution VII, VIII, IX and X especially are considerably heavier than the VI and earlier models. The same is true for the WRX STI family of cars with newer being fatter. Again, modern safety equipment and advanced technology escalated fast during this era. It’s felt on the circuit because weight ultimately impacts the driving experience.

You might find yourself enjoying the Evolution IX because it’s fast and fun, which I’m not trying to say it isn’t. However, now switch to Evolution IV and notice how pure it feels in comparision despite having slightly less power. That’s lower weight and smaller size doing the talking. So, I’ll take sedan body Evolution VIII over wagon any day.
Yeah, true, but all cars have become heavier over time unfortunately. However, 20 kg doesn't feel like much anyway, it would have been a different matter if it had been 200 kg. But I understand what you're thinking.

Last edited:
Let me know when we get 12 cars in an update with the latest GT3 grid and 3 tracks as per most of the prediction/wishlist posts people are showing here…
Well it's safe to say those people aren't participating in prediction but in fact delusion. :lol:

Nobody in their right mind actually expects 10+ cars and multiple tracks, but it is an established pattern that we'll get two larger updates that contain a track per year. It's entirely possible that PD are saving some big guns for the Pro update in November.

I just wouldn’t make any comments on PD‘s mid or longterm plans with any confidence given how unpredictable this company has been historically.

I sure as hell didn’t have drastic physics changes on my bingo card. Or Lewis Hamilton DLC or whatever. They do what they want and they always have.

Sure, they could start to wind down GT7, but GT7 could just as well be their platform for the rest of the generation.

We don’t know. No one knows. No need to get all condescending towards one another because we’re all sitting in the same boat.

Well it's safe to say those people aren't participating in prediction but in fact delusion. :lol:

Nobody in their right mind actually expects 10+ cars and multiple tracks, but it is an established pattern that we'll get two larger updates that contain a track per year. It's entirely possible that PD are saving some big guns for the Pro update in November.
Yeah, that would be too much to expect, maybe 4-5 cars, new scape areas, livery features and a track would be enough for this update. PD has their hands full keeping up with this game. Their pattern is unpredictable. I suspect they may release the big one near the holidays/December.

Last edited:
I'm also expecting an Evolution Meeting race... as the weekly Special Event on Friday just to make us all sad.
I could be fun to have an event with all Evos and a standing start with delay between each generation, and you start last with the best one and have to finish first 😁

Was hoping for an older 2008 GTR, otherwise forgettable update but still a welcome one Iguess. I'm still vibing from the last content update, at least when I can actually play this game.

That being said I'm increasingly craving Audi's 2 litre Turbo Straight 5 engine specifically from the S2 to make a debut in GT 7 and swappable with other Audi's and perhaps some Volvo's.

The GT-R will be a GT-R Cup race rather than Hypercar, I'd expect.

I'm also expecting an Evolution Meeting race... as the weekly Special Event on Friday just to make us all sad.
I actually sorta like the idea of reviving classic events as Special Events, as I think it's less likely to clutter up the list of World Circuits events. But I'd also imagine there'd be a Japanese 4WD 550 event that features the new LanEvo. I do remain curious, though, as to what sort of new Extra Menu we could get. Personally, I'm hoping for motifs focused on design houses like Pininfarina, Bertone, Giorgetto Giugiaro, and Zagato.

Yeah, true, but all cars have become clearer over time unfortunately. However, 20 kg doesn't feel like much anyway, it would have been a different matter if it had been 200 kg. But I understand what you're thinking.
Wouldn't a weight penalty be offset by the aerodynamic advantage a longer roof offers. I seem to vaguely recall volvo using that reason to justify using a wagon as a base for their btcc debut.

Wouldn't a weight penalty be offset by the aerodynamic advantage a longer roof offers. I seem to vaguely recall volvo using that reason to justify using a wagon as a base for their btcc debut.
Sort of, Volvo ran wagons in 94 because teams were only allowed to run production car aero so there wasn't much disadvantage to using that body style, and it was a unique marketing angle. Alfa exploited a loophole in 94 to run a more aggressive wing (and dominated) which resulted in TOCA opening the aero regs up in 1995. As a result, Volvo switched to the 850 sedan to stay competitive.

I'm usually much more interested in other aspects of the update. What new single-player events do we get? Are there BoP changes? Any new features that make the game more enjoyable? We won't know any of that until the update drops. I'm suspending judgement until then.
Quit being so rational. Haha
Ho hum, I'm somewhat underwhelmed by this update but you can't win them all I guess
What are you (and others saying the same thing) underwhelmed about? The cars we still aren't sure about? The unannounced changes we don't know about? The undocumented changes we haven't seen? It's impressive to be let down by something that you don't know anything about. Talk about putting effort into being disappointed.

All of this is true, but in a vacuum you would be hard pressed to be swayed by the differences between a V and an VIII unless you jumped right from one to the other. I've only had seat time in 9s and 10s (US), but I'm sure that the earlier, lighter versions are simply better at changing direction than the later ones, but if you're not mired in a pile of EVOs of all generations 99% of people aren't going to be bothered by a 20kg weight gain. FWIW Mischa Charoudin just lapped the 'Ring in an EVO 9 wagon and it's the best EVO he's ever driven, and one of the best handling cars he's ever driven full stop. High praise considering the source.

What it boils down to for a lot of us is that wagons are awesome. Performance wagons are double-awesome. And having the option in game would be cool even if it doesn't mean anything more than seeing a big-brick-butt driving around in the replay. Let's not forget that early GTs were pretty wagon heavy as well. Lots of good memories of wringing out WRX and Legacy B4 wagons.

IRL an EVO 8-9 wagon is on my very short list of next vehicles. They are simply one of those "good at everything" vehicles like Audi RS wagons that appeal to enthusiasts that like to haul a lot of junk in their cars quickly! Just wish they made a LHD wagon.

As for the update, we still don't even know what these cars are exactly (with the possible exception of the GT-R) so those choosing to be disappointed or underwhelmed by are just spouting debbie-downer nonsense. As always, PD announces the cars and maybe a track, but we don't find out the real meat and potatoes of the update until it actually drops.

I am optimistic that there will be some major physics changes in this one, and there's no reason to think otherwise based on previous updates/fixes. If they don't do anything about the physics I'll eat my words, but PD will be more out-to-lunch than previously thought. There is no way that the issues with 1.50 aren't very well known at PD HQ.

At the end of the day, I would really like to drive any of the EVOs in game again.

Back