Gran Turismo 7 Game Update is Coming October 3, With Three New Cars

• Thread starter notarjy
  • 262 comments
What happened with the Group B race? Was there a glitch I'm not aware of? Or....?
Nothing more than that it basically sucks quite a bit, and doing it right after the update meant having to do it again for the weekly challenges. TWICE. Fortunately I was one of those who waited a bit and got away with only the weekly runs.

Nothing more than that it basically sucks quite a bit, and doing it right after the update meant having to do it again for the weekly challenges. TWICE. Fortunately I was one of those who waited a bit and got away with only the weekly runs.
I'm not sure what sucks about it, but to each their own, I guess.

I hope pd fixed/changed/"refined" the physics in this upcoming update ._.
Since 1.49/1.50 my custom "daily" races have been really frustrating and I stopped playing because it stopped making fun.

I'm not sure what sucks about it, but to each their own, I guess.
Other than trying to get a clean race bonus while the AI is all over the road, out of control for half of the time and actively trying to hit you for the other half, not that much. Then again that alone already qualifies as sucking noticably. Still got the bonus on both rounds but it could hardly be called racing instead of survival.

What are you (and others saying the same thing) underwhelmed about? The cars we still aren't sure about? The unannounced changes we don't know about? The undocumented changes we haven't seen? It's impressive to be let down by something that you don't know anything about. Talk about putting effort into being disappointed.
It's far more simple than that my friend, it's a thing called personal taste and for me and my personal taste I have a distinct preference for race cars, all the Grrrrrrrr's 1, 2, 3 and 4 so when it is rather obvious that one is not present in the silhouette (nor the odd unicorn classic non GR car) I personally am likely to be a little underwhelmed, nothing more, nothing less.

I hope that clarifies it for you :)

All of this is true, but in a vacuum you would be hard pressed to be swayed by the differences between a V and an VIII unless you jumped right from one to the other. I've only had seat time in 9s and 10s (US), but I'm sure that the earlier, lighter versions are simply better at changing direction than the later ones, but if you're not mired in a pile of EVOs of all generations 99% of people aren't going to be bothered by a 20kg weight gain.
Right, but that’s where I’m probably less forgiving. I like to dive deep into cars and compare them around the hairpins of Tsukuba while navigating traffic in all sorts of weather. When you’ve gotten into the groove on lap 8 you really begin to appreciate how the Evolution IV, for example, doesn’t carry the extra pounds of later models. They are fun too, but you feel their increased weight around the hairpins, under braking or when recovering from a mishap. In this game we’re driving on racing circuits, so I won’t buy into the idea that 20 kg isn’t something to lose sleep over.
FWIW Mischa Charoudin just lapped the 'Ring in an EVO 9 wagon and it's the best EVO he's ever driven, and one of the best handling cars he's ever driven full stop. High praise considering the source.
Ok, that’s interesting. I mean, tastes differ and some performance wagons may appeal to the handling preferences of some drivers. I just don’t see wagons being objectively better.
What it boils down to for a lot of us is that wagons are awesome. Performance wagons are double-awesome. And having the option in game would be cool even if it doesn't mean anything more than seeing a big-brick-butt driving around in the replay.
I’m only interested in performance wagons if they are completely unique like the Nissan Stagea Autech or Audi RS2.
Let's not forget that early GTs were pretty wagon heavy as well. Lots of good memories of wringing out WRX and Legacy B4 wagons.
I remember that fondly, but back then they also made sure to include all the other body styles. I would never like to see a wagon being chosen first if there’s a more compact body style to choose instead. I’m also biased because I never was much of a wagon fanatic. So Lancer Evolution sedan with slight kerb weight advantages gets my vote any day.
I prefer to get the new gtr over the old one.
I don’t. We already have two relatively modern versions of the R35, and these newer models look a bit bulky to me. I miss the clean lines of the debut model from the Cretacesous period.

Last edited:
Lots of people will have also tried to do that new Gr.B race in the shiny new Gr.B car that also came in that update, not realising the Impreza (and Celica) are completely uncompetitive in the class without BoP to help them.
That’s why I stuck the high rpm turbo (or was it medium?) on both of them! 🤣

Last edited:
So besides the 3 cars what else wecsn expect?? I woukd say 3 or 4 new events, some new scapes, 4 -6engines swaps and bug fixes
I’ll take a wild guess and figure:

• Japanese 4WD Challenge 600 Suzuka Circuit
  • RACE of Turbo Sportscars Circuit de Barcelona
  • Nissan GT-R Cup Fuji Speedway
  • GT Cup Gr.4 🌶️ 🌶️ 🌶️ Road Atlanta

Last edited:
I’ll take a wild guess and figure:

• Japanese 4WD Challenge 600 Suzuka Circuit
  • RACE of Turbo Sportscars Circuit de Barcelona
  • Nissan GT-R Cup Fuji Speedway
  • GT Cup Gr.4 🌶️ 🌶️ 🌶️ Road Atlanta
Whoa hold on there, a chili race might actually provide interesting racing and a fun challenge, we certainly can't be having that

A well-known dataminer said that one of the weeklies we're getting post-update will be something that has never been seen in GT before. Fingers crossed for a van race!
I'd reign your expectations in a bit, they explicitly said it's not "something never seen before" and actually said it's "similar to a past gt7 event but different"

I'd reign your expectations in a bit, they explicitly said it's not "something never seen before" and actually said it's "similar to a past gt7 event but different"
Animated GIF

Back