Gran Turismo 7 LAN Party - 3x Playstation 5 and 1x Playstation 4

• Thread starter Racha1997
  • 13 comments
Czech Republic
Czech Republic
Hello, I would like to ask, my friends and I want to play together in the same room GT7 against each other. Three of us have playstation 5 and one playstation 4, each with their own monitor and steering wheel with pedals. Can GT7 be set up somehow so we can play over LAN? If not, what are the other alternatives? Sorry for a possibly stupid question, but until now we've been more PC gamers.

Can GT7 be set up somehow so we can play over LAN?
Technically no but - I think - effectively yes.

There is no dedicated LAN mode (in the public build), and there's no way to play the game without an external connection because it requires it to function.

However, if the consoles are all connected to the same network and you play with a private lobby for just the attendees, it should operate in a LAN-like manner.

We did exactly this for LANs in GT5 and GT6, but never tested GTS and haven’t tried GT7. As it's P2P still, you should see the same results, with barely any external traffic and no observable lag as all actual play just goes through your network switch.

If you can, try a trial run with two consoles.

Technically no but - I think - effectively yes.

There is no dedicated LAN mode (in the public build), and there's no way to play the game without an external connection because it requires it to function.

However, if the consoles are all connected to the same network and you play with a private lobby for just the attendees, it should operate in a LAN-like manner.

We did exactly this for LANs in GT5 and GT6, but never tested GTS and haven’t tried GT7. As it's P2P still, you should see the same results, with barely any external traffic and no observable lag as all actual play just goes through your network switch.

If you can, try a trial run with two consoles.
Thank you very much for your answer. We will definitely try, but unfortunately we won't have the chance until the weekend. I still want to ask, do we have to have a Playstation plus (Essential) in order to be able to set up/join a private room? Or can it be done without it?

Thank you very much for your answer. We will definitely try, but unfortunately we won't have the chance until the weekend. I still want to ask, do we have to have a Playstation plus (Essential) in order to be able to set up/join a private room? Or can it be done without it?
Yeah, PS Plus is required for any multiplayer.

There's a chance that I could try it out by recommandeering my PS4 although I don't know how much space is on the HDD 😬

Yeah, PS Plus is required for any multiplayer.

There's a chance that I could try it out by recommandeering my PS4 although I don't know how much space is on the HDD 😬
The big question is... does each player need their own subscription on their own consoles to play? I want to setup two racing simulator rigs and connect the 2 ps5's via lan. I dont want to have to maintain 2 ps plus subscriptions though. Is this possible?

The big question is... does each player need their own subscription on their own consoles to play? I want to setup two racing simulator rigs and connect the 2 ps5's via lan. I dont want to have to maintain 2 ps plus subscriptions though. Is this possible?
Maybe there's a workaround.

Try setting an alt account on the ps5 that you designated as your primary system, and play with your "main"account on the other ps5.
I have never tried it directly but my kid plays games that only my premium psn owns on the primary which is in his room while I play on my "main" account on the living-room ps5.

He doesn't play GT7 though, so I've never tried it as he deleted GT7 5 minutes after he became the main user of the "primary"

Bad news, you need to have a subscription for each console to play multiplayer on GT7.

I had set up a second account on my ps and I want to say I was able to use it on the 2nd one on a second console, as long as my main account was the main account on both PS’s. I could be logged into my main on one console, and my alt on the other, because my main account has a PSN Sub.

IMG_7384.jpeg

Edit: It may have been a PS4 and a PS5 I think, not two PS5’s. I’m having trouble remembering how I had it set up now.

Last edited:
I know this is a silly idea but you could get one PS5 with 1 copy of the game 1 PS subscription and do all the 4 way splitscreen multiplayer game on it. Have 4 video cameras streaming each "screen" outputting a seperate HDMI feed to 4 other monitors, same latency for all of you, but the latency might be ridiculous.

Or there might be a clever way using electronics/laptop software to seperate the splitscreen hdmi data into 4 segmented feeds.
784692b0f771ddfe68f2598e36453b18.jpg

Last edited:
I had set up a second account on my ps and I want to say I was able to use it on the 2nd one on a second console, as long as my main account was the main account on both PS’s. I could be logged into my main on one console, and my alt on the other, because my main account has a PSN Sub.

View attachment 1378887

Edit: It may have been a PS4 and a PS5 I think, not two PS5’s. I’m having trouble remembering how I had it set up now.
I had no idea that could or would work. I've got two friends who flat share & have two rigs set up in the living room. Tried to find out if such a thing was possible back with GT Sport, but all info I could glean pointed to a no.

I now have to tell them they have been paying for two subscriptions since 2017 because of me. I predict a frosty reception to this news. :lol:

I had no idea that could or would work. I've got two friends who flat share & have two rigs set up in the living room. Tried to find out if such a thing was possible back with GT Sport, but all info I could glean pointed to a no.

I now have to tell them they have been paying for two subscriptions since 2017 because of me. I predict a frosty reception to this news. :lol:

I won’t say I’m remembering absolutely 100% correctly just yet lol, but I believe that’s how I had it set up. I don’t remember having to bring my sons PS out to make it work, because it would have meant having to install GT on his machine, and I don’t remember doing that at all.

Last edited:
Wait a tick, if you had 4 players on 1 ps5, then 4 players on another on 1 ps5, that's 8 players then another on one ps5 to play them all and B spec manage them & connect them all together.....

....OH NO.... I've gone cross eyed!

bh187-austin-powers.gif

Back