2024 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 210 comments
So, um, how's the draft shaping up for next year. Good depth?

Sad Ben Affleck GIF

kjb
This was my brother and his sons 🤣 But you know what someone shows you who they are you better believe them. Danny Dimes has shown that he is not very good. It wasn't very good at Duke either but hey what do I know. 🤷‍♂️
Playing Monday Morning Owner here, both Shoen and Jones need to go after this season. Heck the GM can go after the trade deadline around Halloween and if Jones can just see himself out, 'that'd be great'.

I guess I'm pulling for the Lions this year and for the Bengals to beat the Chiefs next week, purely because I want to see another round Burrowhead memes :lol:

Jerome

That bodycam footage of Tyreek doesn't do either side any favors, yikes. Hill was being an A-hole and the cops were short tempered as a result of the disrespect. Hill said he was getting out of the car, but he seemed to be taking his time. The cops should have been more patient, but Hill should know they are doing their job to keep him and others safe (until yanking him out of his car anyway).

Jerome

The way SF beat the Jets last night was disgraceful. They got bullied by a backup RB. I watched SF run seemingly the same play up the gut on the Jets vaunted D line like 5 or 6 times in a row. I lost interest after that and stopped watching. If they are going to play like that the rest of the season the jets are done. Hopefully it was an aberration but we'll see. Oh well it's on to next week

TFW ESPN ranks your team 31/32 and you know its true :lol:

Jerome

The San Francisco 49ers cooled off the New York Jets 32-19 in Santa Clara, CA last night.

Before I delve into Week 2, remember a few things. It's just Week 1. You are not a lock to win the Super Bowl if you win on Week 1. You are also not a lock to get the first overall draft pick if you lost in Week 1. Fortunes change, and things happen. So let's talk Week 2!

--- WEEK 2 PREVIEW ---
* The AFC East will be in vogue on Thursday night when @Omnis ' Miami Dolphins host the Buffalo Bills.

* Dem New Orleans Saints at dem Dallas Cowboys in dat NFC. Yes- NFC South meets NFC East.

* The Tampa Bay Buccaneers will go up to Detroit to meet @Joey D 's Detroit Lions.

* Midwestern football is on tap in Green Bay, Wisconsin as the Packers host the Indianapolis Colts.

* @Blitz24 's New York Jets will tussle with the Tennessee Titans in Nashville.

* Fresh off of San Francisco's win against the Jets at home, the 49ers will go to Minneapolis to take on the Minnesota Vikings.

* An NFC East battle will take place when the New York Giants play at the Washington Commanders. Both teams seeking their first win of the 2024 NFL season.

* The Carolina Panthers will try to sap the energy out of the Los Angeles Chargers in Charlotte.

* The Pittsburgh Steelers will go up a Mile High to play at the Denver Broncos.

* @Dolph Drago 's Cincinnati Bengals face a huge task- trying to tame the Kansas City Chiefs in Kansas City, Missouri. Can the cats from Cincinnati bring the Chiefs back down to Earth?

* Last season's baller QB meets this season's potentially baller QB for Sunday Night Football. It's my Houston Texans hosting the Chicago Bears this Sunday night.

* Monday Night Football features birds of different feathers. It's them Dirty Birds from the ATL going up to Philadelphia to meet the... clean(?) Eagles. Atlanta Falcons at Philadelphia Eagles this Monday Night in an NFC showdown.

This is among many other games on the schedule for Week 2. Feel free to share your thoughts on the upcoming week or on any news notes of late in the NFL.

[OMISSION] Those custom uniforms on the New York Giants this past week look awesome!

Last edited:
Toilet Bowl weekend between the G-Men and the Commanders :lol: Maybe we'll eek out a win this weekend #daretodream GL guys!

Jerome

It is time to begin Week 2 of the 2024 NFL season. From Orchard Park, New York down to Miami, Florida; the Buffalo Bills will face the Miami Dolphins in an AFC East tilt. One team after tonight will improve to 2-0. Or maybe... the two play each other so hard that they tie. One may never know.

Anyhow, enjoy tonight's game!

He needs to stop playing before he kills himself. That one looked as bad as the one where he got laid out against the Bengals the week after Miami pretended he was fine after he got laid out by Milano, and all he did this time was run into Hamlin.

Last edited:
He needs to stop playing before he kills himself. That one looked as bad as the one where he got laid out against the Bengals the week after Miami pretended he was fine after he got laid out against Milano, and all he did this time was run into Hamlin.
A coming together of the 2 most fragile items in the NFL. Tua's head and Hamlin's chest.

Last edited:
Kickstarted Heart > Pineapple Head

I wonder if the Panthers would be down to trade Bryce Young for Tua straight up. Go full Tank-Mode. Bryce can limp along with the fins until Arch Manning declares lol.

Last edited:
The 2024 NFL season continues with a handful of games to be played today, tonight, and tomorrow night. The nightcap for this Sunday is here in Houston as the Texans will host the Chicago Bears.

Enjoy today's games!

Man, we were so close to getting more Burrowhead memes. One penalty by a rookie, bummer. My Giants lost the toilet bowl :lol: But at least it was a game throughout. And I can't believe the Ravens are 0-2. The best 0-2 team in history, j/k...kinda.

Jerome

Well, Jump_Ace, be thankful you aren't a Dallas Cowboys fan right now. Dallas got wrecked- 44-19 by the New Orleans Saints. I only saw that game from inside of 5 minutes left in the 4th Quarter. So the Saints stymied the Panthers in Week 1 at home followed by at Dallas the following week.

Let me run down a few more scores so far...

* The Giants didn't win today; but how did the other New York City team do? Blitz24 is proud seeing the Jets win 24-17 at the Tennessee Titans. Titans still winless on the season.

* I was watching the Cincinnati Bengals at Kansas City Chiefs game from about six minutes left in the fourth. I actually thought Cincinnati was going to pull off the upset. So did Dolph_Drago... until a late Defensive Pass Interference call led to the Chiefs "walking off" the Bengals on a game-winning field goal. Everybody in Kansas City, MO were happy, including (and especially) Ms. Taylor Alison Swift.

* Staying in the Midwest, Joey D's Detroit Lions failed today hosting the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Tampa Bay goes to 2-0 while Detroit falls to 1-1.

* It was 16-10 in Green Bay, Wisconsin as the Packers defended the Frozen Tundra from the Indianapolis Colts.

* The Minnesota Vikings took down the visiting San Francisco 49ers 23-17. San Francisco didn't have Christian McCaffery, who went down with an injury before this game.

* The Carolina Panthers got thunderstruck by the Los Angeles Chargers in Charlotte 26-3. It's another rough go for the Panthers.

* The Jacksonville Jaguars saw a lot of Brown take to their field. The Cleveland Browns tamed the Jags 18-13.

* The Baltimore Ravens start 2024 0-2, after the Oakland Raiders defeated them 26-23 in B-More.

* Fezzik's Pittsburgh Steelers went up a Mile High to face the Denver Broncos. They'll return back down from being up so high with a 13-6 victory at the Denver Broncos.

That's all from me. I'll be back with another post once CHI Bears at HOU Texans concludes. Congratulations to all other winners up to and beyond the time of this post!

The Houston Texans and Chicago Bears played a banger of a Sunday Night Football game. This was borderline a Playoff-type game. The Houston Texans won 19-13 against a fairly feisty Chicago Bears. Joe Mixon for HOU had to leave the game with an ankle issue, but the rest of the Texans remained strong. There were too many penalties for Houston in this game, and the 3rd Quarter was a mess of penalties by both teams. This was another game that tested your heart rate and your blood pressure. H-Town got the "dub."

Surprisingly, we're still the only AFC South to win today, just like last week. Titans, Colts, and Jaguars = all 0-2. Texans = 2-0.

[OMISSION] Up next for Houston- at the Minnesota Vikings.

Last edited:
Not sure whether this is by design, or no one down field is getting open, or Bryce Young is just completely gun shy. Not one pass attempt over 12 yards.

crap.jpg

On the bright side at least they only lost by 20 this week....

💀

Last edited:
The Russell Wilson Justin Fields era in Pittsburgh is off to a surprisingly good start. A couple of scrappy wins on the road, with underpar offence and way too many penalties - the type of games we'd always find a way to lose in the past. A lot of work to do, but now three straight home games to enjoy and hopefully pad our early lead in the AFC North. 0-2 Ravens & Bengals, you love to see it.

pittsburgh steelers cowboys GIF

I'm glad the Jets won but I hate that Jermaine Johnson may be out for the season. I'm guessing Joe Douglas has called Hassan Reddick's agent. As the Jets need him now. I didn't get to watch any games yesterday as I spent most of the day finishing up moving. I was excited for Dave Canales to be able to fix Bryce Young but so far it doesn't seem like it. He should have been playing in every preseason game instead a series or two in the last game. It's starting look more and more like Carolina made a huge mistake with him. Not only did they miss out on CJ Stroud but they also missed out on Caleb Williams. Reportedly Panthers tickets were being sold for 1.83. Not sure how true that was but I heard it a couple of times on the local radio station in Raleigh. Anyway this is shaping up to be a good season of football

Falcons at Eagles TONIGHT!

The final Monday Night Football of Summer 2024 (or Winter 2024 for the Southern Hemisphere) begins tonight with the Atlanta Falcons flying up to Philadelphia to take on the Eagles. Let's set this one up...

--- GAME INFORMATION ---
Birds of different feathers clash in Philadelphia in an NFC showdown.
  • ATL Falcons (0-1, 3rd NFC South) at PHI Eagles (1-0; T-1st NFC East)
  • FAVORED: PHI (-5.5)
  • OVER/UNDER: 45.5 pts.

The Dirty Birds from the ATL want to ground the Philadelphia Eagles. Find out if they will succeed once this game kicks off proper later tonight.

Enjoy tonight's game!

kjb
I was excited for Dave Canales to be able to fix Bryce Young but so far it doesn't seem like it. He should have been playing in every preseason game instead a series or two in the last game. It's starting look more and more like Carolina made a huge mistake with him.
Yeah, with Canales and a scheme that suited him more, I was really backing Bryce this year. But I think the situation he was in last year may have completely broken him.
Wise move.

Yeah, with Canales and a scheme that suited him more, I was really backing Bryce this year. But I think the situation he was in last year may have completely broken him.

Wise move.
I'm afraid it will sour NFL teams on Alabama quarterbacks going forwards. First Mac Jones flames out and now potentially Young. Currently Jalen Milroe is getting a lot of hype but we will see how much he develops in the remainder of the year. I didn't see that much of Young while he was at Alabama but I saw a lot of Mac and I figured he would have made a good solid NFL quarterback which he did for his rookie year but it went downhill after that. Young can't even get started it seems.

I'm afraid it will sour NFL teams on Alabama quarterbacks going forwards. First Mac Jones flames out and now potentially Young. Currently Jalen Milroe is getting a lot of hype but we will see how much he develops in the remainder of the year. I didn't see that much of Young while he was at Alabama but I saw a lot of Mac and I figured he would have made a good solid NFL quarterback which he did for his rookie year but it went downhill after that. Young can't even get started it seems.
Forgot about Tua who can't stay healthy. Aside from Hurts (heh), Alabama hasn't really had a successful QB in the NFL in decades.

Back