2024 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 248 comments
In vogue tonight is the NFC East. The Dallas Cowboys try to rebound after back-to-back fails to New Orleans and Baltimore. They hope winning at the New York Giants will get them back into winning graces. Or... will Jump_Ace's New York Giants further compound Dallas' conundrum? Find out tonight!

Enjoy tonight's game!

Are you saying the Jags will be competing with us and Carolina for the #1 overall pick? :lol:

Jerome
Jags are in the running for the 1st pick. Carolina is going to 5-6 games and the Giants are going 6-7 games 🤣 . If they have watched Dallas play they should win because Dallas's run defense has been atrocious

I'm happy it was a close game last night. Buuut, that face mask penalty against us was one of the most egregious calls I've ever witnessed. The ref who saw the penalty told the main ref it was against the defense and the main ref pointed in that direction with his thumb to confirm. He then has a mental lapse (I get it, I'm not perfect either) and points toward the offense. Absurd!

So we now got backed up to the 35 instead of 1st and 10 at the 10. Now, Dallas kept us out of the endzone all night, so let's say we make an easy field goal. At the end of the game it was 20-15 with like 30 seconds left, if that call was done right it would've been 20-18. Instead of having to score a TD we would have just needed 15 yards for a FG. We might have actually won that game.

And add to the fact that we didn't have a kicker against Wash, and we could be 3-1 realistically, imo. Probably the worst 3-1 team in the league, but hey.

Jerome

I thought the Giants had a chance to win last night but it's hard to win when you don't score TDs. Dallas defense actually played well last night and for the most part the Giants defense played well. Danny Dimes was efficient but there were no splash plays. They should've done everything in their power to keep Barkley IMO.

The refs botching a call in favor of the Cowgirls?

shocked philip j fry GIF

The refs seem to have a lot of mental lapses when it comes to Dallas too. Not that I'm still salty about Decker reporting as eligible.

Last night, it was 20-15, Dallas winning at the New York Giants. I was watching most of this game on Twitch. The Next Gen Stats were rather interesting to watch. Kind of like high-end coverage for sports nerds. There were a lot of penalties in this one, too. Almost as bad as the third quarter of Bears at Texans earlier this season.

Well, get ready for the Sunday games and the Monday Night games still to come...

kjb
I thought the Giants had a chance to win last night but it's hard to win when you don't score TDs. Dallas defense actually played well last night and for the most part the Giants defense played well. Danny Dimes was efficient but there were no splash plays. They should've done everything in their power to keep Barkley IMO.
I think/hope Joe Shoen gets canned. If it came down to picking Brian Burns or Barkley for example, Barkley all the way. What, he didn't want to pay another couple mil to keep him? There was zero other reason to do so, he wasn't a premadonna, no trouble with the law, no lawsuits....squeaky clean. You hold on to guys like that, especially when they ARE you offense.

Jerome

I think the don't pay rbs thing is stupid. Especially elite running backs like Barkley. Also he did a lot in the community and didn't give the team any headaches. Isn't that what a team wants?

kjb
I think the don't pay rbs thing is stupid. Especially elite running backs like Barkley. Also he did a lot in the community and didn't give the team any headaches. Isn't that what a team wants?
Ayep!

I wonder what Jerry Reece is up to....lol

Jerome

Back