Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 41,978 comments
Valerio is an absolutely WASHED driver by the way (ignore the fact he went from last to third in this race).
image-28.png

Last edited:
I wonder what they'll come up with next, it's unpredictable with PD. Before you know it we'll be up to 500 cars before the year ends.

Last edited:
I mentioned those adhoc Shuffle lobbies I was holding with friends in here a little while ago, but they've boomed into such an awesome thing; and there's been some really big names joining in - I certainly didn't expect to be going wheel to wheel with Valerio Gallo in my lifetime but hey, the shuffles are calling names from far beyond what I ever expected when we started this.

View attachment 1285076
I really really really really hope that these bigger names getting involved is starting a snowball somewhere. It's such a pipedream but the fact that people of all sorts are coming in to play these with us because it's just pure unfiltered fun shows that it's something the game desperately needs. There's no stakes, there's no forced competition, you just roll a car and you have some fun. The game needs that so badly, and the tools that GT7 gives you in its huge car and track list is perfect for something like this, and it only gets better through each update.

Will that snowball lead anywhere? Probably not. But I never thought I'd be racing Gallo in one of these either. Maybe one day it'll be Super GT or maybe one day it'll be Mikail Hizal and it will show more and more people that the demand for this feature to come back is well and truly alive, and then maybe one day that reaches the right person at the right time, and then maybe one day it finally will make its return.

Or maybe not. But I know the passion in the community for it is still there.
Until then, here's a picture of Valerio Gallo flying past me.

View attachment 1285074

Literally.
How do I join ?

I'm also extremely interested in joining. So far I've read that it's only through Discord, which is... less than ideal.

@Nebuc72 if it's possible to be a part of this in any way, I'd be more than happy.
The races are hosted within the (unofficial) Gran Turismo Discord server. I'm not exactly sure what GTPlanet's guidelines are on advertising, but a quick Google search for "Gran Turismo Discord" should have the invite link pop up.

Races are hosted on near enough a daily basis, and multiple people there usually take part to volunteer as the lobby host/manager, keeping track of who's assigned cars for the races. Do keep in mind that owning a non widebodied variant of every (including VGTs) car in the game under 700pp is essential to the lobby running smoothly, or at least having the credits to afford the cars when you are prompted to drive them (anywhere from 10-15m credits is more than enough). Without the credits or cars, assignment of vehicles usually becomes pretty hectic, and every subsequent reroll will see you in a slower vehicle than the last.

Last edited:
The races are hosted within the (unofficial) Gran Turismo Discord server. I'm not exactly sure what GTPlanet's guidelines are on advertising, but a quick Google search for "Gran Turismo Discord" should have the invite link pop up.

Races are hosted on near enough a daily basis, and multiple people there usually take part to volunteer as the lobby host/manager, keeping track of who's assigned cars for the races. Do keep in mind that owning a non widebodied variant of every (including VGTs) car in the game under 700pp is essential to the lobby running smoothly, or at least having the credits to afford the cars when you are prompted to drive them (anywhere from 10-15m credits is more than enough). Without the credits or cars, assignment of vehicles usually becomes pretty hectic, and every subsequent reroll will see you in a slower vehicle than the last.
Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it.

I found the Discord server you're talking about - if you're talking about the one from @RowdyGT at least. Discord is just not for me. Races were being talked about in a channel where messages are lost in the middle of hundreds of other messages. It's impossible for me to find the relevant information I'm looking for in the middle of everything. So I gave up. I asked them on Twitter/X if there was another way to be a part of these races, but they said that Discord was pretty much an obligation for them. Which I respect, of course, I seem to be the anomaly here.

I also only have around 85% of the cars, and not the most expensive ones.

I was hoping there could be a list of cars/tyres combinations, and that I could just turn on the game, join a lobby and pick a random car from a list depending on the PP restrictions. From what I've understood, it's stock cars with different tyres only, no tuning. Maybe it's more complicated than I imagine, of course.

Anyway, once again, thank you for your help nonetheless.

Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it.

I found the Discord server you're talking about - if you're talking about the one from @RowdyGT at least. Discord is just not for me. Races were being talked about in a channel where messages are lost in the middle of hundreds of other messages. It's impossible for me to find the relevant information I'm looking for in the middle of everything. So I gave up. I asked them on Twitter/X if there was another way to be a part of these races, but they said that Discord was pretty much an obligation for them. Which I respect, of course, I seem to be the anomaly here.

I also only have around 85% of the cars, and not the most expensive ones.

I was hoping there could be a list of cars/tyres combinations, and that I could just turn on the game, join a lobby and pick a random car from a list depending on the PP restrictions. From what I've understood, it's stock cars with different tyres only, no tuning. Maybe it's more complicated than I imagine, of course.

Anyway, once again, thank you for your help nonetheless.
That is pretty much what it is. To boil it down simply if you're interested;

There's a channel called "roles" in the server - in that channel there is a "Lobby" role you can pick. This role will send you a notification whenever a lobby goes live, so there's no need to worry about checking constantly.

When you're playing, the host will use a Discord bot that automatically generates a shuffle grid - all you need to do there is look at what car is next to your name, and choose it in the game.
So you only need to be worried about looking for a message when in the warmup for a race, so you know what car to use.

I'll likely make a 'shuffles' channel in the server too to condense it due to the increasing popularity of them.

There's a channel called "roles" in the server - in that channel there is a "Lobby" role you can pick. This role will send you a notification whenever a lobby goes live, so there's no need to worry about checking constantly.

When you're playing, the host will use a Discord bot that automatically generates a shuffle grid - all you need to do there is look at what car is next to your name, and choose it in the game.
So you only need to be worried about looking for a message when in the warmup for a race, so you know what car to use.

I'll likely make a 'shuffles' channel in the server too to condense it due to the increasing popularity of them.
Thank you very much for taking the time to explain everything. That’s very kind of you and I really appreciate it. I was initially being a little bit judgemental because Discord can really be overwhelming for me. The way you explain things makes a lot of sense and I might be able to give it another try. I’m just a bit worried about not having all the cars.

Once again, thank you!

Thank you very much for taking the time to explain everything. That’s very kind of you and I really appreciate it. I was initially being a little bit judgemental because Discord can really be overwhelming for me. The way you explain things makes a lot of sense and I might be able to give it another try. I’m just a bit worried about not having all the cars.

Once again, thank you!
Don't worry too much about that, you can ask for your car to be re-shuffled if you don't have it.

The main concern about Discord I would say is that the average user age is genuinely about 20+ years lower than here so it can be a bit of a culture shock!

Last edited:
Oh wise ones....

A few months ago, the penalty banners stopped showing up in daily races. Specifically, when an opponent gets a penalty during the race (live), no matter how close I am to them, I am not shown a red penalty banner above their car. When I watch the race in replay, they ARE shown.

I have the most updated version (autoupdate) on PS5. I have done soft and hard resets. I have reloaded the game. I have been through all the menus in GT7 and PS5 to find a toggle that was flipped - no luck.

Can anyone help me turn these back on? I "chatted" with the PS5 rep online and they were about as helpful as you would expect - basically directing me to a FAQ page that I had studied already.

The flip side is that it makes the Dailies more challenging as I cannot strategize opponent's penalties - I must act as the steward in the cockpit, then assess how likely they were to have grabbed a penalty, then make a decision on my cockpit assessment.

Thanks in advance...

Thing is, PD have done those shuffle races in the World Tours. That’s how we used to see teases of next cars coming to the game. Those races were cool to watch.

All I'll say is this.

Imagine it's the World Finals in Barcelona. The Nations Cup qualifier has just begun, and it's a supercar shuffle. You look through the grid, seeing what everyone's driving, when you suddenly hear the distinctive, ear-piercing scream of a Yamaha V10. You know exactly what's happening here.

It's Yamanaka in an LFA, and soon it'll be your turn to drive it as well.

I mentioned those adhoc Shuffle lobbies I was holding with friends in here a little while ago, but they've boomed into such an awesome thing; and there's been some really big names joining in - I certainly didn't expect to be going wheel to wheel with Valerio Gallo in my lifetime but hey, the shuffles are calling names from far beyond what I ever expected when we started this.

View attachment 1285076
I really really really really hope that these bigger names getting involved is starting a snowball somewhere. It's such a pipedream but the fact that people of all sorts are coming in to play these with us because it's just pure unfiltered fun shows that it's something the game desperately needs. There's no stakes, there's no forced competition, you just roll a car and you have some fun. The game needs that so badly, and the tools that GT7 gives you in its huge car and track list is perfect for something like this, and it only gets better through each update.

Will that snowball lead anywhere? Probably not. But I never thought I'd be racing Gallo in one of these either. Maybe one day it'll be Super GT or maybe one day it'll be Mikail Hizal and it will show more and more people that the demand for this feature to come back is well and truly alive, and then maybe one day that reaches the right person at the right time, and then maybe one day it finally will make its return.

Or maybe not. But I know the passion in the community for it is still there.
Until then, here's a picture of Valerio Gallo flying past me.

View attachment 1285074

Literally.
Don’t Gallo, Hazel etc. have direct contacts with PD? I can’t imagine they haven’t mentioned the need for official shuffle races. Something like this needs to be accessible in-game for the wider community.

PD need to think out of the box because it seems the wider player base has little interest in Daily races. By contrast Time Trials have been gaining momentum. No doubt because they’re quick & easy to access with worthwhile payouts.

This shouldn’t be a feature we ‘hope’ arrives. It should be in the pipeline….along with Endurance races and so on.

Last edited:
Don’t Gallo, Hazel etc. have direct contacts with PD? I can’t imagine they haven’t mentioned the need for official shuffle races. Something like this needs to be accessible in-game for the wider community.

PD need to think out of the box because it seems the wider player base has little interest in Daily races. By contrast Time Trials have been gaining momentum. No doubt because they’re quick & easy to access with worthwhile payouts.

This shouldn’t be a feature we ‘hope’ arrives. It should be in the pipeline….along with Endurance races and so on.
Hizal even works for them now I believe.
But that's my point with the snowball - it's one thing for a few people to go "this feature is cool, it would be nice to have it back" and another thing for people directly working with PD to play a recreation of the mode with some of the best players in the world and go "wow ok this is awesome, and it NEEDS to come back"

The latter is what I'm hoping this can inspire.

I'll be happy to take an invite, if that's alright.

Oh wise ones....

A few months ago, the penalty banners stopped showing up in daily races. Specifically, when an opponent gets a penalty during the race (live), no matter how close I am to them, I am not shown a red penalty banner above their car. When I watch the race in replay, they ARE shown.

I have the most updated version (autoupdate) on PS5. I have done soft and hard resets. I have reloaded the game. I have been through all the menus in GT7 and PS5 to find a toggle that was flipped - no luck.

Can anyone help me turn these back on? I "chatted" with the PS5 rep online and they were about as helpful as you would expect - basically directing me to a FAQ page that I had studied already.

The flip side is that it makes the Dailies more challenging as I cannot strategize opponent's penalties - I must act as the steward in the cockpit, then assess how likely they were to have grabbed a penalty, then make a decision on my cockpit assessment.

Thanks in advance...
Have you turned off player names in the display options? I have and no longer get penalty banners displayed, pretty sure that is the reason.

What do other gt (7) fans think of iracing adding the sf23 toyota? :D

iRacing has a very good car and track selection nowadays, they really picked up production after the covid lockdowns.
I'll be sticking with GT7 until they add fun things like an Ambulance though :P

What do other gt (7) fans think of iracing adding the sf23 toyota? :D

I find myself becoming more and more tempted to get a gaming PC so I can have the amazing racing content available - Assetto Corsa mods, Assetto Corsa Competizione, and iRacing are all the racing you'll ever need really.

Arrgghh, I really might do it!

Jumped back to this game this week before jumping on FM2023. It just plays soo good, custom 1h race on the ring with dynamic tod and weather is just chef kiss. The DualSense also really makes the difference and elevates the overall feeling of the car. Im turning off the hud completely for more immersion.

I find myself becoming more and more tempted to get a gaming PC so I can have the amazing racing content available - Assetto Corsa mods, Assetto Corsa Competizione, and iRacing are all the racing you'll ever need really.

I did just that a week ago, ac with mods is awesome in vr. Cost a bit but we'll worth it.

Iracing is cool until you see how much you have to pay for it and monthly :D

Last edited:
Hopefully we get something big for gt7 just before forza motorsport release, to keep us intrested, i wont buy the new forza motorsport at launch so it would be nice with big update in late september

Back