Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,125 comments
This update slaps.

They must of have heard people complaining about the snow tires and took that personally. Taking them out just add them back in a year and a half later is just a troll move. 🤣

I don't think the Weekly Events are going to be the 1:1 replacement for Seasonal Events (Sport Mode TT already compensates to some extent), but instead is a replacement for the online racing (Daily Races) that single-player users might not do. A lot of replay value seems to be packed into it. Wondering how this will be handled when the servers are killed off. Hopefully they have a plan in place to either keep this feature running or a process to add some of the events into the game permanently.

Roulette prizes are still iffy -- I would like to see that system, specifically, reworked in the future.

Finally, the meeting place actually got changed into something. Before it was just a glorified Free Run with menu music and now it's a dedicated social space. Modern gaming doesn't have a lot of those these days. VR integration for the Meeting Place might be the next step for it. Some meeting place unique modes would not hurt at all.
--
Still a bit of a doubter of GT Sophy unless they have found some way to handle difficulty without upgrading/downgrading opponents' cars. Originally, I likened it to Stockfish, which is a top-brass chess engine and even that has issues trying to play at a consistent performance level when tuned down. Maybe within its hours of laps completed, it can choose it's slower ones?

Edit #2: So there are unique events :)

Last edited:
Just like any other gt fanboi, I too have high expectations and hopes for this game to become the greatest racing game ever, there are so many content and features that are still missing, and that I really wish are included... For decades already I am feeling this way...

It's truly frustrating, especially how the game is being improved at drip-drop paint-drying torture-killing pace.

And yet I keep on coming back to this game.... Due to laziness, or else

So how can one ever be happy ?

Well for one:
there are actually a lot of things to do with this game, if you are a completionist like myself.

Two: don't sweat the future, just be grateful for what you have.. you have no control over the God that is Kaz, you just have to accept the good, unfortunately along with the bad ...

Such is life ...

Being ungrateful is just going to make you more miserable.
Life is too short to be unhappy all the time. ..

Just hope for the best... Looking forward to 1.40.

Been posted before, but reposting

This is indeed the motherload of updates, hopefully more similar level of updates in the coming months.

PD and Kaz needs to maintain the momentum, several more updates like this one will surely propulse this game above the rest...

For now this is an early holiday 2023 gift from Chef Kaz

We need more, please PD and Kaz, go down the GTP wishlist...

Been posted before, but reposting

This is indeed the motherload of updates, hopefully more similar level of updates in the coming months.

PD and Kaz needs to maintain the momentum, several more updates like this one will surely propulse this game above the rest...

For now this is an early holiday 2023 gift from Chef Kaz

We need more, please PD and Kaz, go down the GTP wishlist...

Not to burst your bubble, but we've never had a Spec III update in any iteration of the game. Let's enjoy this for what it is. It's a big one.

My gripes with GT7 since launch:

• Short campaign
  • Lack of diverse or challenging events
  • Slow AI
  • Broken split screen
  • Little to do post-menu/late game
  • Absent features and overall lacking open lobby experience
  • Unintuitive/annoying menu/UI navigation for tracks, races, and tuning
  • Community/online events too infrequent

No joke, it looks like this update is single handedly going to fix nearly every single one of these problems.

I’ve been saving cash for major repairs for my Celica, but I may have to splurge on a PS5 to hop back in this month (haven’t played since early August 2022), this is genuinely awesome.

(Also, lmao, first new track in 9 months is a snow track. I don’t care, all the other fixes and additions are more than worth it) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Not to burst your bubble, but we've never had a Spec III update in any iteration of the game. Let's enjoy this for what it is. It's a big one.
https://www.gran-turismo.com/world/news/03_0004242.html :P

1698851589587.png

(But this is also unrelated to what you're replying to? Spec II doesn't mean no more updates lol)

Last edited:
Totally underwhelmed,a Circuit that I will never drive on,one out of seven cars that I will drive.A Driving License that I have no interest in even looking at.As far as I can tell they still haven’t given us true Endurance Races,FGS how hard can it be to implement at least one True Endurance Race with the option to save progress?Its not like they haven’t previously included them,how hard can it be to include them in GT7?At least PS5 owners get a couple of sweeties to keep them happy.

I am not expecting a spec 3, at least not until 2025 if anything, but large significant updates with more features and content, PD and Kaz need to continue providing.

The main reason this is Spec 2 is because of the official release of Sophy into the wild to kick all of our butts.

Otherwise everything else in this update should be the new standard of regular update, to improve GT7 into the game it should have always been from the get go...

ddm

PS Blog has additional details not in the GT7 notes. Also, the Japanese version of the GT7 notes has some details that aren't in the worldwide version too. (They're not that exciting, so I won't waste time showing them. Just giving a pointer if you wanna spend your hyped time scrolling through more text. :P)
Thank you:cheers:

I hate these updates that have a big BUT attached to them.

Here's a new track, BUT it's a snow track so we can showcase the horrible off-road phsyics nobody cares for.

Here's Sophy finally, BUT it's just for arcade races as we didn't fully implement it.

At least the cars are solid, but they actually managed to disappoint me by announcing the rest of the content. I would have been happy with just the cars and a few events, but this being spec2 is kinda meh.

I do have concerns.

I'm kinda worried they're going to decrease the payouts for the big 4 races and increasing the legend cars prices even more.

Hopefully it's just in my head.
I don’t think they will,imagine the sh.**storm that would occur! I’m just disappointed in no Endurance races even if it paid 500,000 I would be happy.

This update slaps.

They must of have heard people complaining about the snow tires and took that personally. Taking them out just add them back in a year and a half later is just a troll move. 🤣
I often wonder how long PD has been trying to implement snow, the tires had been available in GT Sport since launch and nothing never came of it. There’s a lot I’d give to see what’s on their cutting room floor.
I don't think the Weekly Events are going to be the 1:1 replacement for Seasonal Events (Sport Mode TT already compensates to some extent), but instead is a replacement for the online racing (Daily Races) that single-player users might not do. A lot of replay value seems to be packed into it. Wondering how this will be handled when the servers are killed off. Hopefully they have a plan in place to either keep this feature running or a process to add some of the events into the game permanently.
Replay value was the biggest killer in GT7 - or rather the absence of it. Whether or not it’s a direct call/successor to seasonals isn’t too important, what matters is if the content is fresh and invigorating or not.

We’ll start to get an indicator of post-online servicing in January when GT Sport goes down, hopefully it will be with honor. GT6 was absolutely unceremonious when the course maker was killed with the servers, that was the one thing that made that game truly special.
Finally, the meeting place actually got changed into something. Before it was just a glorified Free Run with menu music and now it's a dedicated social space. Modern gaming doesn't have a lot of those these days. VR integration for the Meeting Place might be the next step for it. Some meeting place unique modes would not hurt at all.
I’m still desperate for mic usage in lobbies/social spaces. I had so many great online moments with GT5 that just aren’t possible with text interaction.

I do have concerns.

I'm kinda worried they're going to decrease the payouts for the big 4 races and increasing the legend cars prices even more.

Hopefully it's just in my head.
And if they really want to troll us, they can lock the GT3 RS behind an invitation only. IRL i can't just go to a Porsche Dealership and buy a GT3 RS.

I really hope this is not the case. Hopefully we get new nice paying events.

And if they really want to troll us, they can lock the GT3 RS behind an invitation only. IRL i can't just go to a Porsche Dealership and buy a GT3 RS.

I also hope it's available for everyone! But if we indeed need an invite to buy the car.....then I'm quite happy to have an active one right now😄

I also hope it's available for everyone! But if we indeed need an invite to buy the car.....then I'm quite happy to have an active one right now😄
You really don't need to worry about this; they didn't put the Valkyrie or the Chiron behind an invite, so I'm confident in saying they'll never have a new car needing one again.

So the addition of 4-Player Split Screen (in a major title no less) is really incredible in a time where just 2-player split-screen itself seems like an increasing relic of the past.

However, I have a question:
1698857842334.png

How do adding those additional 2 players work?

They didnt do that with the chiron and the valkyrie, dont think they will go back to that. The fact they still have cars locked behind invites is nothing but stubbornness.

Really beautiful update:
I know the track isn't the best for many people, but for me is one of the best tracks they've added to the game
The cars aren't the best but there are cars like the 992 and the 190E which can be fun for some Customization
Sad about the fact of Sophy not added for PS4 but I accept it

Really curious about the World Circuits updates and the Paddock

The license thing is not the best but I think this place needed some updates

Three things that they need to add:
-MULTICLASS (Sport, Multiplayer and SIngleplayer)
-New Missions
-IMPROVE CUSTOM RACES WITH NEW OPTIONS AS I SAY IN THE PREDICTIONS THREADS! :banghead:

Last edited:
Back