Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,125 comments
Huh, a Spec II update... Color me surprised, I didn't expect it to be this content rich! A snowval track!! Sophy yet again! Weekly challenges! Wow!

Now, I'm hoping the patch notes will reveal even more, much needed QoL updates!

Well, this isn't how I expected my home country to get added into the game after the Gilles Vil fiasco 😅. Looking forward to being back in the rockies again.

I am hoping that sophy isn't just limited to these new events and that we can race against it during custom races too!

That 190E has me froathin' 😬

OK, I ignoreed this so far 'cause we didn't know if it would be implemented but now I have to ask:

What exactly is Sophy? A replacement for the current AI? An additional, optional AI? Something else?
Kind of all three. I doubt we'll see it fully replace the AI in GT7's lifetime though.

I would have been surprised if Sophy was fully implemented in GT7. Seems like they still have some work to do to get it fully ready, and it would make a hell of a marketing statement for GT8. I imagine reading it on the back of the box, "the world's most advanced adaptive AI in racing games"

Kind of all three. I doubt we'll see it fully replace the AI in GT7's lifetime though.
Thanks for the answer but that's very vague also. So it's just a new difficulty level? I checked YouTube and that's the impression I got from the test a few months ago. Looks like it was just in Sport Mode then, hope it will be implemented for all races now.

Thanks for the answer but that's very vague also. So it's just a new difficulty level? I checked YouTube and that's the impression I got from the test a few months ago. Looks like it was just in Sport Mode then, hope it will be implemented for all races now.
It has absolutely nothing to do with Sport Mode.

Sophy is a new AI, trained by machine learning and selected for behavioural traits rather than programmed manually.

Here's everything we've ever written about Sophy:

It's (as of tomorrow) an option in Quick Race (renamed from Arcade Race), which now appears next to events with it's own tile. Sophy is available for 9 courses which support it.

All Quick Races are short races against 19 AIs of a similar spec to your currently selected car.

Sophy cannot be selected anywhere else (ie. no custom races, replacing regular AI in the preset events, etc).

1698847253458.png

1698847382734.png

Last edited:
ddm
It's (as of tomorrow) an option in Quick Race (renamed from Arcade Race), which now appears next to events with it's own tile. Sophy is available for 9 courses which support it.

All Quick Races are short races against 19 AIs of a similar spec to your currently selected car.

Sophy cannot be selected anywhere else (ie. no custom races, replacing regular AI in the preset events, etc).
Thank you! Now that sounds nice!

BTW: I never clicked on "Arcade Race" 'cause I always thought it's the same races just with more arcady physics😂

ddm

View attachment 1299615
View attachment 1299617
where did you find the first screenshot?

where did you find the first screenshot?

PS Blog has additional details not in the GT7 notes. Also, the Japanese version of the GT7 notes has some details that aren't in the worldwide version too. (They're not that exciting, so I won't waste time showing them. Just giving a pointer if you wanna spend your hyped time scrolling through more text. :P)

Last edited:
The hype was well worth it! Thank You Kazzzzzzzzzzz Chef! Call me crazy but I actually took a cabin bag just enough to fit a Ps5 inside and enjoy update tomorrow while I am visiting my parents hahah. I even plugged it inside a train and it worked. lol
May I interest sir in the Playstation Portal? Slightly easier to transport.

Mine will be here in a couple of weeks. Mobile GT !!

For those that are disappointed that Sophy is only available at 9 tracks in quick race just bear in mind the following paragraph from the update article
IMG_1629.jpeg

This feels (to me at least) the next phase in Sophys implementation into the game! I’m sure in time Sophy will feature more and more!

Back